CFZ Thoughts about Jaguars!

Acceptablename

Reaction score
With our team already looking towards the Eagles game, I'm predicting an upset here.
I really want to believe our team is different, and we'll evade the trap-game losses, but we seem to be falling into the same failing patterns.
The Jags game will say a lot about this team.
Anything is possible they do have a history relaxing at the wrong time

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't seen any Jaguars games this season. This breakdown will probably be shorter than usual. Thought this was the so called "trap game" prior to last week's game against the Texans. With the Cowboys barely winning, don't think they will take this team lightly.

Offense

-Jaguars are very stout against the run, I believe they are top 10 in that department. However, they rank towards the bottom in pass defense. Might have to win this game throwing the football, but have to try to stay balanced.

-They really aren't a huge threat rushing the passer, as their top guy has only 5 sacks.

-Their secondary is extremely young, many draft guys will remember the likes of Tyson Campbell and Andre Cisco. Our receivers will have a distinct advantage if we play clean.

Defense

-Their HC, Doug Peterson was the former Eagle Coach and should know all about our strengths and weaknesses. Expect to see a ton of read options and Lawrence is more athletic then many realize.

-Another tough challenge stopping the run, their main back Etienne is a quality back that averages close to 5 yards a carry.

-Ton of speed all over the field Kirk, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones. Engram the former Giant he having a solid season and he also possesses elite speed. Cowboys have to protect giving up the big passing plays.

-Good news is, their OL is one of the worst in protecting their QB. There should be opportunities to rush the passer, unless Jax does what other teams have done against our defense, short, quick passes.

Special Teams

Nothing of note.
Hope we don't take them lightly.
If we do, it's a loss!!!!

75boyz

Reaction score
I wanna see how fluid does the o line look with Tyron and how well the team defends Lawrence and Etienne.

Additionally, Evan Engram at TE for them really showed up against TN last week so it will be interesting to see how DQ defends him as well.

jmo

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What I read was they can be beaten through the air, but very strong against the run. This could be a potential game to get Dak right.
You can run on them too. King Henry had 100 yards in the first half on them.

fivetwos

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't seen any Jaguars games this season. This breakdown will probably be shorter than usual. Thought this was the so called "trap game" prior to last week's game against the Texans. With the Cowboys barely winning, don't think they will take this team lightly.

Offense

-Jaguars are very stout against the run, I believe they are top 10 in that department. However, they rank towards the bottom in pass defense. Might have to win this game throwing the football, but have to try to stay balanced.

-They really aren't a huge threat rushing the passer, as their top guy has only 5 sacks.

-Their secondary is extremely young, many draft guys will remember the likes of Tyson Campbell and Andre Cisco. Our receivers will have a distinct advantage if we play clean.

Defense

-Their HC, Doug Peterson was the former Eagle Coach and should know all about our strengths and weaknesses. Expect to see a ton of read options and Lawrence is more athletic then many realize.

-Another tough challenge stopping the run, their main back Etienne is a quality back that averages close to 5 yards a carry.

-Ton of speed all over the field Kirk, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones. Engram the former Giant he having a solid season and he also possesses elite speed. Cowboys have to protect giving up the big passing plays.

-Good news is, their OL is one of the worst in protecting their QB. There should be opportunities to rush the passer, unless Jax does what other teams have done against our defense, short, quick passes.

Special Teams

Nothing of note.
Saw them very early. Maybe week two, then in the Europe game, then vs Baltimore recently.

It’s like night and day, especially at QB in the confidence and awareness department.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Saw them very early. Maybe week two, then in the Europe game, then vs Baltimore recently.

It’s like night and day, especially at QB in the confidence and awareness department.
What I gather is their offense is hot right now and we are going to have to score some points this week to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Nothing of note.
according to ESPN we better get ready the Jags at 5-8 are a legitimate threat, the last 4 games they have vastly improved especially on Offense, and we are in big trouble lol talking up the jags lioke they are the Bills :espn:

Most do not see the Jas play they hardly on TV LOL I mean likme the colts, Texans, and now Jags the eagles played all 3 and was a close 4 qtr game even for them. Jags give eagles 4 fumbles and still made that game late.

so no way we should take them lightly especially after last weeks scare. they seem to be the AFCs version of the Lions coming on late O is rolling Defense is question mark.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
according to ESPN we better get ready the Jags at 5-8 are a legitimate threat, the last 4 games they have vastly improved especially on Offense, and we are in big trouble lol talking up the jags lioke they are the Bills :espn:

Most do not see the Jas play they hardly on TV LOL I mean likme the colts, Texans, and now Jags the eagles played all 43 and was aclose 4 qtr game even for them. Jags give eagles 4 fumbles and still made that game late.

so no way we should take them lightly especially after last weeks scare. they seem to be the AFCs version of the Lions coming on late O is rolling Defense is question mark.
That's what I am hearing, kind of like the Lions, young team starting to put it all together. Going to be a tough game and the Cowboys need to have a good performance to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see they are top 10 in that category, know Barkley also ran over a 100 against them.
IF KM decides which offense Hes bringing LOL IMHO we can ruin on anyone if KM sticks with it for 30+ carries. sometimes he uses games to experiment and pick on weakness like you said pass d is suspect they might test that early then settle into the run game. (you cant use the same GP every week, fans want us to just come out and run 40 times game and that's not smart, yes a heavy dose of the run but pick your spots, i like balance) and succeed,

so im sure he will show something early than change it up after the first few series..

fivetwos

Reaction score
What I gather is their offense is hot right now and we are going to have to score some points this week to win.
If they can get up on them and play from ahead they can probably force Lawrence into some mistakes. I just see Jax coming about ready to play and we are chasing it all game. I see it as a strange and unfamiliar spot, and I can’t shake the gut feeling that next weeks game is going to lose some luster.

It’s all very moot if we don’t get some help, which is doesn’t look like we are going to get. I was hoping Philly would drop a game to GB or Tenn, but no luck. We left our division hopes at Lambeau Field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even if we don't still going to be a tough game. Think we should win, but it might be decided in the 4th quarter.
rather have tough games, outside of moronic fans response " should have won bigger and all the ridiculous post game remarks on how bad a WIN WAS" keeps the team sharp as opposed to full of themselves.

i mean nice 10-point win with kneel down win formation, would be good.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Most do not see the Jas play they hardly on TV LOL I mean likme the colts, Texans, and now Jags the eagles played all 3 and was a close 4 qtr game even for them. Jags give eagles 4 fumbles and still made that game late.

They are pretty good man. We are just in the beginning phase of the light going on for the much heralded QB.

Wish we played them sooner and Tampa later, but that’s how it goes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:

Lawrence isn't going to run much in all likelihood. He's a 3-4 rush attempts type guy. If he escapes and takes off he has great speed but he isn't a shifty or explosive guy.
And the issue with a bigger type QB is they have a lot of body to target.
Zero reason for Jax to risk any hits for Lawrence given their record.

In many ways this a great match up for Dallas.
JAX wants to develop Trevor and will likely pass it a lot.
That will allow us to pass rush aggressively and the CBs to play for turnovers.
With a banged up secondary it isn't perfect but still much preferred to someone playing ball control versus us.

Defensively JAX stops the run but can be a sieve versus the pass.
With little pass rush they tend to allow QBs to get going.

They have lost all 3 games versus the NFCE thus far but kept them close.

It feels like this game will be won in the Red zone and Dallas has been superb there all year.
Gimme 31-23.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Jacksonville still has their eye on the AFC. South, yes they are 5 and 8 but with Tenn sitting at 7-6 losing 3 in a row the door is a bit more open for Jacksonville. Tenn remaining games Chargers, Houston, Cowboys and Jags. Jags have Cowboys, Jets, Houston and Tenn. Jacksonville has said they need to be more balanced in this game and not just allow the Cowboys to get after their QB. Cowboys need to come out and take care of business

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They are pretty good man. We are just in the beginning phase of the light going on for the much heralded QB.

Wish we played them sooner and Tampa later, but that’s how it goes.
They really aren't that good.
They have played a reasonably tough schedule the last 4 weeks to be sure but they were flat rick rolled by Detroit 2 weeks ago.
They have impressive recent wins over Tennessee and Baltimore in the last month but those 2 teams have zero shot at winning if you stop the run.

They are definitely better than the Texans and could certainly beat a Dallas team off it's game.
But realistically Dallas should pass well early to open up the run game late and win this one by a solid TD.
Lawrence will get passing yards but JAX likely has issues in the red zone.