Thoughts about last night's Philly/KC Game!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-One team beat themselves the other didn't. That's how Brady and the Patriots won many games throughout his career. Play clean football and take advantage of your opponents mistakes: Mahomes red zone interception, Kelce's fumble inside the 5, other TE gets alligator arms on a key third down and their WR dropping a go ahead TD. On top of all that, their Tackles were flag machines that forced their offense in a ton of third and longs. Eagles have been excellent in these close, football games and win cause they don't make the big mistake!

-Running the football still matters! Both passing games were pretty much held in check as both defenses looked to take away the big chunk, passing plays, however, when each team had sustained drives, it was mainly due to running the football effectively. (This is the Cowboys biggest weakness) By the way, can the Cowboys get an elite center like both these teams have?

-Eagles have an excellent front that can constantly pressure the QB. Not only do they have elite edge rushers, but they also can generate interior pressure. Their rotation is very deep with talent. Reddick doesn't get all the hype, but he is as good as any edge rusher in this league.

-The key offensive player for the Eagles is Swift, he makes many big plays with his shiftiness. Eagles screen game was excellent last night, Swift was the best player on the field!

-Eagles back 7 still looks very beatable, they just don't have elite linebackers like a 49er or Jet Defense. Their top 2 corners haven't played as well this season and their nickel corner has been a revolving door since they lost Maddux for the season.

-After watching the Chiefs last night and throughout the season, they aren't going to return to the Super Bowl this season. Way too inconsistent on offense. Not disiplined football team, lead the league in drop passes and have had issues protecting the football. Question is, with the Bengals out of the equation, who will beat them? Ravens, Jax, Miami, Buffalo (all those team also have their issues)?

-The NFC Conference was suppose to be about 49ers/Eagles and then the Cowboys a level below, but the Lions, Seahawks and even the Vikings has made the conference very deep. It's a 3 team race for the #1 seed right now (49ers/Eagles/Lions).

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Just like our game against Philthy, the Chiefs beat themselves.
One team beat themselves the other didn't.
My synopsis precisely. We learned more about the Chiefs last night than we did the Eagles... or maybe, better put, things were affirmed about the Chiefs.

The Eagles keep talking about that magic day when they finally "put it all together" and play up to their potential. Ten games in, I'm not convinced they actually are capable of playing any better than they have, and that's what the evidence says. They're good. But they survive more than they actually beat other teams. Both SF and DAL are capable of outright beating other teams. The survival thing falls on its face to the degree that PHI has a game of turnovers and/or penalties.

Creeper

Reaction score
I hate to bring it up again, but the refs this year really seem to favor the Eagles. Two blatant holding calls on the Eagles first TD run were not called. They called exactly the same holding against the Chiefs multiple times. Then there was that false star call when the defender clearly came across the LOS. In any other game they call that encroachment. I saw some other stuff that looked suspect too.

But at the end of the day, as you said, the Chiefs beat themselves when it mattered. Turning the ball over in the red zone is a huge mistake and the Chiefs did it twice.

One thing I did notice is Lane Johnson was not getting a head start on the snap. I don't know if it was because they were on the road and he couldn't hear the signals called or if the league warned him about moving early but many times he was actually getting off late.

Swagger

Reaction score
I hate to bring it up again, but the refs this year really seem to favor the Eagles. Two blatant holding calls on the Eagles first TD run were not called. They called exactly the same holding against the Chiefs multiple times. Then there was that false star call when the defender clearly came across the LOS. In any other game they call that encroachment. I saw some other stuff that looked suspect too.

But at the end of the day, as you said, the Chiefs beat themselves when it mattered. Turning the ball over in the red zone is a huge mistake and the Chiefs did it twice.

One thing I did notice is Lane Johnson was not getting a head start on the snap. I don't know if it was because they were on the road and he couldn't hear the signals called or if the league warned him about moving early but many times he was actually getting off late.
The Chiefs got away with a lot of holding as well last night plus they were the beneficiaries of several bogus calls in the 4th quarter. Officials got a lot wrong for both teams from what I watched.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
What did I learn, they are still the best team in the league. Looking beatable and being beat is two different things. One is a notion, the other actual results!

Until we win a BIG GAME, hope isn’t alive for me. It has to be earned and this team lets me down every form time…EVERY TIME!

movaughn88

Reaction score
The screen game with Swift was huge for the birds. Lot of their drives were sparked by him.

75boyz

Reaction score
Good teams find ways to win.
Shutting out KC in their house in the 2nd half is pretty impressive.

3 quality wins over us, Dolphins and Chiefs so far.

Hopefully we can beat some of the good teams in that last 5 game stretch of ours.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I look at this two ways. One, the Eagles have played a ton of close games this year and gotten lucky in a few. That kind of stuff is often unsustainable. On the flipside, what you saw against us and last night is what you see from teams that are just destined to win in a given year. Everything goes their way game after game after game.

foofighters

Reaction score
The Chiefs got away with a lot of holding as well last night plus they were the beneficiaries of several bogus calls in the 4th quarter. Officials got a lot wrong for both teams from what I watched.
Nobody wants to talk about that. It's about how the team that affects us the most gets all the calls and total conspiracy an all that...

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

The entire line seemed like that for stretches. I was at one game in Arrowhead. The volume is no joke! I'm talking rock concert loud.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
For some, the mind only lets through what it wants to see and filters everything else out. When I saw the game thread go up early I almost went in and asked that "if Philly wins it'll only be because of the refs, right?" Probably as old as the game itself to blame the refs when what a person wants to see happen doesn't happen.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nobody wants to talk about that. It's about how the team that affects us the most gets all the calls and total conspiracy an all that...
In fairness, through last night's game, the Eagles have only had 4 holds called on them this year which is one of the lowest in the league.

The bigger issue is that they just seem so damn lucky, LOL.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Good teams find ways to win.
Shutting out KC in their house in the 2nd half is pretty impressive.

2 quality wins over Dolphins and Chiefs so far.

Hopefully we can beat some of the good teams in that last 5 game stretch of ours.

Shutting the Chiefs out might have something to do with the Chiefs currently being the worst 2nd half scoring team in the NFL. They have not scored a 2nd half TD in a whole month.

Sydla

Reaction score
Shutting the Chiefs out might have something to do with the Chiefs currently being the worst 2nd half scoring team in the NFL. They have not scored a 2nd half TD in a whole month.
Combo of bad WRs dropping key balls, bizarre play calls, etc.

Aven8

Reaction score
This game looked a lot like ours. We lead 17-14 at the half and they scored two TD’s in the second half. Same as last night. KC just doesn’t have the weapons and they certainly can’t be dropping the ball. It is what it is. Can’t wait to play Philly again.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Mahomes needed to put the team on his shoulders.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Combo of bad WRs dropping key balls, bizarre play calls, etc.
Yeah, it's not like the Chiefs offense has been lighting up the scoreboard this season and then their(the Eagles) defense just put up an performance against then that other defenses couldn't do. This is what the Chiefs offense has been in their last few games. Which might say more about the Chiefs than the Eagles at this point.