Thoughts about last night's Philly/KC Game!

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly is the best team in the league right now. Being lucky and good in an ominous sign for the rest of the league.
Pretty much.

If they are going to get teams turning the ball over inside their 20 multiple times, having guys get tackled at the 2 inch line, guys dropping TDs, etc. they aren't going to lose another game. They are talented and if you throw in them getting all the breaks? That's tough to beat.

75boyz

Reaction score
Shutting the Chiefs out might have something to do with the Chiefs currently being the worst 2nd half scoring team in the NFL. They have not scored a 2nd half TD in a whole month.
Good call man.
And pretty strange since we're talking Reid at playcaller and Mahomes at QB. Something is definitely off in the 2nd half of their games.
I had read last night that it's 3 consecutive games now I think.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I look at this two ways. One, the Eagles have played a ton of close games this year and gotten lucky in a few. That kind of stuff is often unsustainable. On the flipside, **** like what you saw against us and last night is what you see from teams that are just destined to win in a given year. Everything goes their way game after game after game.
Way to much talk about luck, destiny and all that stuff. You can win a game by luck, but not several in a season. If you do that, you have "forced" your luck by being good.

I really hate all this "refs favour the Eagles, constantly put us at an disadvantage" talk etc... So far this team simply has not won against a true contender ever since 2021. There were a few close ones, but no one cares about close ones. Win a game and prove you can do it. Not saying the Cowboys can't, they do look good atm. But looking good is one thing...

Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Lions. Let's have a 2-2 score at least here. A 4-0 would get my hopes up again for the post season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eagles deserve credit. It’s not pretty….but they’ve shown they can win. Sometimes it’s sustainable sometimes or isn’t. Vikings got to the playoffs last year and found out it wasn’t sustainable playing underwhelming football. Eagles got to the playoffs last year and went to the SB facing Josh Johnson and Daniel Jones.

Eagles may find themselves there again.

The Mahomes magic is running out. He may find himself in the SB again but he needs help. And that help ain’t coming this year. They should’ve been the one team making phone calls to get a vet in there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Way to much talk about luck, destiny and all that stuff. You can win a game by luck, but not several in a season. If you do that, you have "forced" your luck by being good.

I really hate all this "refs favour the Eagles, constantly put us at an disadvantage" talk etc... So far this team simply has not won against a true contender ever since 2021. There were a few close ones, but no one cares about close ones. Win a game and prove you can do it. Not saying the Cowboys can't, they do look good atm. But looking good is one thing...

Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Lions. Let's have a 2-2 score at least here. A 4-0 would get my hopes up again for the post season.
You can be lucky for sure. But even then I don’t know if it’s luck or Chiefs just are bad. They dropped open passes all night long. And I’m quickly reminded that’s exactly how they lost to the Lions. These teams keep asking their franchise QBs to win with lesser talent meanwhile Hurts is throwing to Devonta, Goedert and Brown.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
-One team beat themselves the other didn't. That's how Brady and the Patriots won many games throughout his career. Play clean football and take advantage of your opponents mistakes: Mahomes red zone interception, Kelce's fumble inside the 5, other TE gets alligator arms on a key third down and their WR dropping a go ahead TD. On top of all that, their Tackles were flag machines that forced their offense in a ton of third and longs. Eagles have been excellent in these close, football games and win cause they don't make the big mistake!

-Running the football still matters! Both passing games were pretty much held in check as both defenses looked to take away the big chunk, passing plays, however, when each team had sustained drives, it was mainly due to running the football effectively. (This is the Cowboys biggest weakness) By the way, can the Cowboys get an elite center like both these teams have?

-Eagles have an excellent front that can constantly pressure the QB. Not only do they have elite edge rushers, but they also can generate interior pressure. Their rotation is very deep with talent. Reddick doesn't get all the hype, but he is as good as any edge rusher in this league.

-The key offensive player for the Eagles is Swift, he makes many big plays with his shiftiness. Eagles screen game was excellent last night, Swift was the best player on the field!

-Eagles back 7 still looks very beatable, they just don't have elite linebackers like a 49er or Jet Defense. Their top 2 corners haven't played as well this season and their nickel corner has been a revolving door since they lost Maddux for the season.

-After watching the Chiefs last night and throughout the season, they aren't going to return to the Super Bowl this season. Way too inconsistent on offense. Not disiplined football team, lead the league in drop passes and have had issues protecting the football. Question is, with the Bengals out of the equation, who will beat them? Ravens, Jax, Miami, Buffalo (all those team also have their issues)?

-The NFC Conference was suppose to be about 49ers/Eagles and then the Cowboys a level below, but the Lions, Seahawks and even the Vikings has made the conference very deep. It's a 3 team race for the #1 seed right now (49ers/Eagles/Lions).
Btw, we have a Center. 8)

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Definitely think our team as it stands beats both of those teams. Can't wait to play Philly again.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You can be lucky for sure. But even then I don’t know if it’s luck or Chiefs just are bad. They dropped open passes all night long. And I’m quickly reminded that’s exactly how they lost to the Lions. These teams keep asking their franchise QBs to win with lesser talent meanwhile Hurts is throwing to Devonta, Goedert and Brown.

Something to do with the Chiefs having the 32nd ranked 2nd half offense in the NFL right now. It's just that we're do use to Mahomes being elite, that most people probably didn't pay attention to how awful the Chiefs 2nd half offensive stats are.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The only lesson from the Eagles "winning" that game is that investing in WR has to be a priority for every team in the NFL that wants to take itself seriously.

Devonta makes a tough catch on an OK ball and MVS drops a gimme. Ballgame.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Something to do with the Chiefs having the 32nd ranked 2nd half offense in the NFL right now. It's just that we're do use to Mahomes being elite, that most people probably didn't pay attention to how awful the Chiefs 2nd half offensive stats are.
Their offense hasn't been good period. They have no weapons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah how bad they are in the second half is alarming….had no clue it was that bad. Poor weather conditions too?

Sydla

Reaction score

I mean it's kind of luck to have two balls dropped at the key moment of the game have two turnovers inside their own 20 when KC is about to schore and then in your previous game have a guy get tackled at the 2 inch line, the team not score from the 5 yard line, multiple fumbles that bounce right back to you, etc.

They've gotten a bunch of breaks the last two weeks. The ball can't bounce like that forever.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL, I mean he threw a TD and a first down conversion pass with this last two passes and the WRs failed him.

Is he supposed to throw it and then run down the field and catch it himself?
I thought the sarcasm was evident.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All the reasons why the Chiefs lost can come down to one thing.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling is the real Featherstone. He catches that pass and the games goes to K.C.

Sometimes games come down to one play. You may recall Brady was sitting on the bench with a sour look, understanding Seattle was about to win the Super Bowl, and then Pete Carroll, with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield ready to go all beast mode and win the game, had a brain cramp and decoded to pass the ball.

Brady didn't win that game. Carroll lost it.

Hurts didn't win this game. Marquez Valdes-Scantling lost it.

No bad calls, missed calls, league is rigged reasons supersede the fact the winning touchdown was placed in the hands of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and he did what he is known to do. Drop the ball. Mahomes put it in a spot as if he were just handing the ball to the receiver. The receiver choked.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
KC ran better than I thought they could against that Dline.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite my intense dislike for the dirty birds, they are clearly the best team in the league right now. Despite not having a great game offensively, they are great at taking advantage of the breaks they get. Their offense did just enough last night and their defense made plays when they had to. Great teams make plays when they need to.

But there is a lot of football to be played. A ton of things can and will happen. The Cowboys just need to focus on getting better because in order for us to compete with the eagles, niners and lions, we are going to have play cleaner football, and play with more consistency and intensity.