Thoughts about last night's Philly/KC Game!

Praxit

Reaction score
..All that, and Dallas almost Beags @thier home.
But like Parsons stated, it was good confidence builder.

gtb1943

Reaction score
For some, the mind only lets through what it wants to see and filters everything else out. When I saw the game thread go up early I almost went in and asked that "if Philly wins it'll only be because of the refs, right?" Probably as old as the game itself to blame the refs when what a person wants to see happen doesn't happen.
and some refuse to admit the reality that officiating and the NFL idiocy on rules are just a joke.
Its so bad that many think the games are rigged like pro wrestling
and some fans seem fine with all that; always defending the indefensible

gtb1943

Reaction score
Birds find ways to win; the Chiefs were like that until this year where they really have found ways to lose
It is very clear the Birds are the best team in the NFL this season.
But look how often the team with the best record doe NOT win the SB

MarcusRock

Reaction score
and some refuse to admit the reality that officiating and the NFL idiocy on rules are just a joke.
Its so bad that many think the games are rigged like pro wrestling
and some fans seem fine with all that; always defending the indefensible
And some fans believe the game is rigged, still watch, and ****h about it constantly .... as they continue to watch. *****es will ****h I guess. And they're fine with that. Lol.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The Chiefs got away with a lot of holding as well last night plus they were the beneficiaries of several bogus calls in the 4th quarter. Officials got a lot wrong for both teams from what I watched.
Both teams had 7 penalties. It was pretty evenly officiated. I don't think they favored either team. They are capable of making a bad call. I really didn't see it last night. I thought they did a fair equal job. It was disappointing towards the end of the game when Philly jumped offsides and the Kansas City Center didn't snap the ball, or did so after I think it was Brandon Graham jumped back. It caused the Kansas City lineman to false start. You don't often see that, but that was a terrible penalty, at a bad time, and it was on KC not the officials. It was just stupid.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If nothing else, the way the game ended last night shows that both of those teams are better than our Cowboys.

At this point, at least....

gtb1943

Reaction score
And some fans believe the game is rigged, still watch, and ****h about it constantly .... as they continue to watch. *****es will ****h I guess. And they're fine with that. Lol.
just like you are fine with the incompetency of NFL officias

gtb1943

Reaction score
Both teams had 7 penalties. It was pretty evenly officiated. I don't think they favored either team. They are capable of making a bad call. I really didn't see it last night. I thought they did a fair equal job. It was disappointing towards the end of the game when Philly jumped offsides and the Kansas City Center didn't snap the ball, or did so after I think it was Brandon Graham jumped back. It caused the Kansas City lineman to false start. You don't often see that, but that was a terrible penalty, at a bad time, and it was on KC not the officials. It was just stupid.
most penalties are stupid
NFL officials are a pretty sad lot; old guys trying to keep up with super athletes and trying to do what they are told by the League, it just gets pathetic sometimes

gtb1943

Reaction score
This game was a case of who make the last mistake

lots of coaches talk about the other team making one more play
tonight it was a case of one team making one more mistake

The Chiefs have serious problems at WR; Kelce cannot do it all
Their tackles are not good and that is going to count in the playoffs; frankly I could see the same result that year they went to the SB and went up against a superb DL and Mahoones was pretty much screwed.
The Eagles are simply a step ahead of every other team in the NFL at this time
But they are certainly beatable; if KC had played better they would have lost this game
Hurts made plays when it mattered but he stank most of the game and he cannot do that in the playoffs

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
All the reasons why the Chiefs lost can come down to one thing.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling is the real Featherstone. He catches that pass and the games goes to K.C.

Sometimes games come down to one play. You may recall Brady was sitting on the bench with a sour look, understanding Seattle was about to win the Super Bowl, and then Pete Carroll, with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield ready to go all beast mode and win the game, had a brain cramp and decoded to pass the ball.

Brady didn't win that game. Carroll lost it.

Hurts didn't win this game. Marquez Valdes-Scantling lost it.

No bad calls, missed calls, league is rigged reasons supersede the fact the winning touchdown was placed in the hands of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and he did what he is known to do. Drop the ball. Mahomes put it in a spot as if he were just handing the ball to the receiver. The receiver choked.
Probably would have one but Philly had 3 TO left and 1:45 on the clock to kick a FG or score a TD

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
most penalties are stupid
NFL officials are a pretty sad lot; old guys trying to keep up with super athletes and trying to do what they are told by the League, it just gets pathetic sometimes
I'll tell you what they have a lot of power. If you had the opportunity to have somebody place a bet that would net you $1 million on whether a team won, working within the point spread, if you need cash, I'd say most people might purposely call a game differently. It sure wouldn't surprise me.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Keeps the game interesting. And reveals which of the posters around here are whiny little ****hes crying, "hey, no fair!."
Why am I not surprised that the #1 NFL officiating shill posts this?

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'll tell you what they have a lot of power. If you had the opportunity to have somebody place a bet that would net you $1 million on whether a team won, working within the point spread, if you need cash, I'd say most people might purposely call a game differently. It sure wouldn't surprise me.
IT amuses me how SOME posters here claim something like that could NEVER happen.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I hate to bring it up again, but the refs this year really seem to favor the Eagles. Two blatant holding calls on the Eagles first TD run were not called. They called exactly the same holding against the Chiefs multiple times. Then there was that false star call when the defender clearly came across the LOS. In any other game they call that encroachment. I saw some other stuff that looked suspect too.

But at the end of the day, as you said, the Chiefs beat themselves when it mattered. Turning the ball over in the red zone is a huge mistake and the Chiefs did it twice.

One thing I did notice is Lane Johnson was not getting a head start on the snap. I don't know if it was because they were on the road and he couldn't hear the signals called or if the league warned him about moving early but many times he was actually getting off late.
That missed holding call on the eagles 1st td was bad. There was also a bad missed holding call on the chiefs first td. We see what we want to see.