Thoughts about last night's win-it's ok to win ugly!

shabazz

Reaction score
Hows that rushing game been 3 of the last 4 weeks?

Re-read my previous couple posts, I clearly said that although their pass blocking is excellent their run blocking is not performed

It’s on page 2 of this thread and it states.....”The numbers aren’t biased nor do they lie.......and that goes for the rushing production as a result of this same offensive line”

Your welcome

baltcowboy

Reaction score
-Heading into last night, I sensed the Cowboy offense would have their struggles, unlike the Saint offense, pretty much their defense was healthy. Strong against the run and have a good secondary personnel. It was indeed tough sledding all night long.

-What has happened to the Cowboy run game? Probably need a separate discussion. I will say this, Kellen Moore deserves some blame. Why in the world did it take 3 qtr's to give an outside run to Pollard when the Saints bottled up the interior? Those 4th Qtr play passing calls protecting the lead, c'mon.

-Having Cooper back, even as pretty much a decoy, opened up the offense. Thought that 3rd down catch was huge to get the offense going to lead to their 1st td. Lamb in the slot, makes the Cowboy passing offense that more difficult to defend.

-Thought the OL pass protected well, Dak had ample time in the pocket to go through his reads. Two things that are worrisome in regards to Dak, he refuses to use his legs and he was forcing some passes, looked like he was trying to play hero ball at times.

-What can you say about Parsons, total stud. He was in on the 2 game changing plays of the game, tipped the ball that Kearse intercepted and made that sack to take NO out of FG range late. He not only shows up, but shows up on the money downs. We have ourselves a megastar!

-Thought in limited snaps, DLaw played well in both the run and rushing the passer. Did notice him playing inside on the nickel, which I think will happen more when Gregory returns.

-Hill absolutely destroyed our run defense. They kept on running the same play over and over, and yet the Cowboy D just couldn't stop him. Linebackers, outside of Parsons are total trash and both Kazee/Diggs are perhaps the worst tacklers at their respective positions. This is a big problem.

-Cowboys got a big time favorable call with that blindside block. Just awful, but I guess after all those bad calls last week, they were due to get one in their favor.

-A win is a win in this league, especially a conference win. Right now it's all about fixing their run game and they are ready to embark on the final stretch run with a huge game next Sunday against Washington.
You make very good points but the Cowboys looked tired from playing 3 games in twelve days including two road games. The NFL really screwed the Cowboys for the interest of fairness :rolleyes:. The Cowboys had another big issue that hurt the whole team as well. This was the game on Cowboys the schedule that everyone thought would be a loss. The Cowboys stole one last night.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Re-read my previous couple posts, I clearly said that although their pass blocking is excellent their run blocking is not performed

It’s on page 2 of this thread and it states.....”The numbers aren’t biased nor do they lie.......and that goes for the rushing production as a result of this same offensive line”

Your welcome
Excellent pass protection. What a clown comment. Did you watch the Raiders game? How in the hell can you say they have been excellent in pass protection? It’s absurd.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You make very good points but the Cowboys looked tired from playing 3 games in twelve days including two road games. The NFL really screwed the Cowboys for the interest of fairness :rolleyes:. The Cowboys had another big issue that hurt the whole team as well. This was the game on Cowboys the schedule that everyone thought would be a loss. The Cowboys stole one last night.
No apologies for winning on the road inside the conference. When it comes down to tie breakers, nobody will care how they looked last night.

Rayman70

Reaction score
McGovern is the better pass blocker and Williams is the better run blocker.