CFZ Thoughts about the Colts!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Haven't seen much of the AFC South Teams, here is what I've heard about the Colts:

Offense

-Clearly the best unit is their Defense. Have 2 players to worry about along the DL: Buckner who we all remember with the 49ers and Ngakoue. Both players can give the Cowboys troubles. Their all pro linebacker Leonard is out for the season.

-They like to use overload blitzes, they will try to confuse our Tackles which man they have in protection.

-Stephon Gilmore like Patrick Peterson a few weeks ago, isn't the same player, the Cowboys can have success going after him. They also will be starting a backup corner on the other side, just like Minnesota needed to do.

Defense

-Jonathan Taylor can potentially be a game wrecker for the Cowboy Defense. However, their OL has struggled throughout the season in both the run and the pass. Still another legitimate challenge for our run defense.

-Colts receivers jump out at you with their size and length. Pittman, Pierce, Woods are huge targets. Pittman is the best out of the group, where Diggs should matchup well against. Pierce is the one who can beat you down the field.

-Due to inability to protect, the Colts passing attack is underneath without much of a deep, passing game. Ryan isn't very mobile and takes a ton of sacks.

-Pretty much the same strategy as last week, take away the run, win the game. I bet the Colts will have a similar game plan as the Giants, try to have Ryan do a lot of bootlegs and quick passes to stay away from the Cowboys pass rush. They will try to loosen up the defense with an early shot down the field. Force them to score points.

Special Teams

-Nothing of note to discuss.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Go out and play our game. Don’t go pass happy and experiment with the secret sauce. Use the formula and play hard Defense stuffing the run. We need to put up points and make our kicks on ST. Get off the field. No injuries and start planning for the next team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Go out and play our game. Don’t go pass happy and experiment with the secret sauce. Use the formula and play hard Defense stuffing the run. We need to put up points and make our kicks on ST. Get off the field. No injuries and start planning for the next team.
It's all about stopping their run and not beating ourselves.

Carson

Reaction score
They look to get Kwity Paye back this week (of course).

Also Jelani Woods is banged up. He could cause the most issues in the passing game.

I think we match up very well with their offense. QBs have hurt us by being able to scramble and make plays and Ryan is unable to do that.

Nickel corner Kenny Moore is out. That should allow Lamb some easy routes in the middle.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Haven't seen much of the AFC South Teams, here is what I've heard about the Colts:

Offense

-Clearly the best unit is their Defense. Have 2 players to worry about along the DL: Buckner who we all remember with the 49ers and Ngakoue. Both players can give the Cowboys troubles. Their all pro linebacker Leonard is out for the season.

-They like to use overload blitzes, they will try to confuse our Tackles which man they have in protection.

-Stephon Gilmore like Patrick Peterson a few weeks ago, isn't the same player, the Cowboys can have success going after him. They also will be starting a backup corner on the other side, just like Minnesota needed to do.

Defense

-Jonathan Taylor can potentially be a game wrecker for the Cowboy Defense. However, their OL has struggled throughout the season in both the run and the pass. Still another legitimate challenge for our run defense.

-Colts receivers jump out at you with their size and length. Pittman, Pierce, Woods are huge targets. Pittman is the best out of the group, where Diggs should matchup well against. Pierce is the one who can beat you down the field.

-Due to inability to protect, the Colts passing attack is underneath without much of a deep, passing game. Ryan isn't very mobile and takes a ton of sacks.

-Pretty much the same strategy as last week, take away the run, win the game. I bet the Colts will have a similar game plan as the Giants, try to have Ryan do a lot of bootlegs and quick passes to stay away from the Cowboys pass rush. They will try to loosen up the defense with an early shot down the field. Force them to score points.

Special Teams

They do seem very similar to the Giants. Best player is the RB, injuries abound, they can beat you if you’re not careful, etc….

The differences are the Colts have better WR, but a much less mobile QB.

Not taking the Colts lightly, but I figure we are ok in this one. Having a statue for a QB is not the way to defeat the 2022 DC.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I never take any team lightly in this age of parity - but unless they get a performance out of Jonathan Taylor like last year, they don’t stand a chance. It’s going to be fun watching our pass rush destroy Matt Ryan. Only the squirmy ones give them problems. Now that a former offensive lineman is running the team, I doubt he’ll be stupid enough like Minnesota to rely on the pass over the run.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They do seem very similar to the Giants. Best player is the RB, injuries abound, they can beat you if you’re not careful, etc….

The differences are the Colts have better WR, but a much less mobile QB.

Not taking the Colts lightly, but I figure we are ok in this one. Having a statue for a QB is not the way to defeat the 2022 DC.
Yes, on paper looked similar to the Giants, although more veteran talent. Biggest key is Taylor and containing him.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

they nearly beat the eagles, we need to take them seriously, beat them soundly , and move on to the Texans,

Its a good game to work hard on Less penalties and more T/Os..bag this by the first series of the 3rd qtr and let the subs start coming in.

hate that its at 730pm ughh wish they would have changed it to 330..no Sunday football last week now wait until 730 Sunday is brutal.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I see the Colts going after AB with Pittman in critical situations, primarily throwing slants to use the size difference, protect Matty with quick pass game, and use his throwing talent. This would be a good game to have Diggs shadow WR1.

Saturday is going to pound the rock. It looks Hankins n Bo are good to go, Clark is improving by the game, so I look for a good day vs Taylor.

Offense just has to stick to the formula. I would like to see Tolbert, Turpin and Davis get the ball, so all the skill guys can eventually be a threat if their number is called.

EST_1986

Reaction score
they nearly beat the eagles, we need to take them seriously, beat them soundly , and move on to the Texans,

Its a good game to work hard on Less penalties and more T/Os..bag this by the first series of the 3rd qtr and let the subs start coming in.

hate that its at 730pm ughh wish they would have changed it to 330..no Sunday football last week now wait until 730 Sunday is brutal.
I love when theyre primetime get to watch Redzone all day

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Good games during the day this week! As along as the Cowboys don't beat themselves, they should take care of business.

jujoboys

Reaction score
We have more talent, we are at home, Colts are playing on a short week, Colts have an interim HC, we are a pretty healthy team right now. There are absolutely no excuses for losing this game. If Dallas loses this game it tells me they aren't ready for the playoffs and what happens once they get there. When you are jockeying for playoff position you can't lose to teams that you should beat.

75boyz

Reaction score
From just a general observation it appears the Colt offense has been struggling but their defense has been good even without Leonard and now Moore.
Their oline play has been poor especially in pass blocking BUT Taylor remains a legit threat at RB.

The immobile Ryan sets up nicely for Dallas's pass rush. If Dallas could jump to a 10 point or more lead early it could be a a comfortable win.

If the Colts are able to sustain TOP (keep away from Dallas offense) type drives with their run game then they could make it much closer than need be.

jmo

Last edited: