CFZ Thoughts about the Vikings!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Should be interesting. Minn is 6th in the NFL in passing attempt while being 26th in rushing attempts so over the course of 9 games it is pretty clear that Minn is a heavy passing team. I agree Cooks is a very good back but does Minn change who they have been over the course of the season to become a run 1st team?
Will be very interesting as they have the advantage on the ground, but I will take our pass rush every time over their passing game. If they are stubborn and are pass heavy that is playing into our strength.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'll be there but unfortunately, I don't see us winning that game. Their running game scares me and we've not proven that we can stop the run. We do not have a NFL quality OC and I fear that offensively, we are going to out managed during the game. It'll still be fun but I don't know how we win.
We win if we win the trenches battle. Think we have a distinct advantage over their OL, especially if Darrishaw doesn't play.

75boyz

Reaction score
IF they can beat the Vikings, then the up and down nature of the Cowboys will be reaffirmed and this year's Any Given Sunday motto further justified.

IF they lose to the Vikings there might be some serious trouble brewing for this year's team.

jmo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Will be very interesting as they have the advantage on the ground, but I will take our pass rush every time over their passing game. If they are stubborn and are pass heavy that is playing into our strength.

I agree it will interesting how the vike will try to attack us. For the most part in any game teams will study their opponent and look to attack weakness. Cowboys are no different, if Cowboys see weakness in the Vikes secondary then I expect them to attack it. I don't go for this nonsense of well we need to run the ball even if a weakness of the opposing team is defending the pass and same hold true for teams who are weak defending the run, then yes I expect Dallas to try to exploit that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Vikings are probably the hottest team in the league coming off of an improbable win in Buffalo. A team that doesn't beat themselves and has won many close football games.

Offense

-Their Defensive scheme resembles former Bronco HC, Vangio. Yes, this was the scheme that gave the Cowboy Offense fits last season. Deep shells, take away all the big passing plays. The way to beat it, is take what is giving underneath and have success running the football. Against the Eagles they were being gashed on the ground and refused to bring extra men into the box.

-Their secondary is very beatable. Peterson isn't the same player he once was and they are starting a rookie on the other side.

-Have 2 legitimate pass rushers, where Smith leads the league in total pressures. This allows them to generate pressure without the need of the blitz.

Defense

-Their offense is loaded with talent across the board, 2 quality backs, 2 excellent receivers, one perhaps the best in the league and a legitimate receiving TE. Last time they faced the Vikings, they held Jefferson to 2 catches.

-Their new HC comes from the Rams, expect to see a lot of eye candy with a lot of motion, boot legs, etc.

-Darrishaw, their LT and best lineman is questionable to play. This could be a huge area to exploit. Last time these teams faced, the Vikings became a short passing team cause they could protect Cousins long enough.

-Once again, the Cowboy Defense is going to face one of the better rushing attacks in this league. Cook is elite, Mattison isn't that far behind. This will be an excellent test. Will the Defense respond?

-Cousins has flashes of elite play and other times makes rookie mistakes with bad interceptions. When he is forced to move off a spot, his tends to struggle.

Special Teams

-Kind of like the Packers, the Cowboys should have the advantage here.
It’s going to come down to our offense. We need Dak to stop throwing interceptions, run the football and use play action. Minnesota defense lives by the turnovers. Their defense reminds me of ours last season. Two devastating end pass rushers that get after the quarterback and veterans in the back 7. Zeke and Pollard have to get 30 carries. The game will be tough.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It’s going to come down to our offense. We need Dak to stop throwing interceptions, run the football and use play action. Minnesota defense lives by the turnovers. Their defense reminds me of ours last season. Two devastating end pass rushers that get after the quarterback and veterans in the back 7. Zeke and Pollard have to get 30 carries. The game will be tough.
It always is against this opponent. Dak has to stay patient in this game and worry more about moving the sticks then creating the big play.

LysleE

Reaction score
The Vikings are coming off a great OT win against one of the best teams in the NFL; they have a balanced attack and Cousins is playing with confidence. I think they are going to run the ball and exploit favorable match-ups with Jefferson in the Dallas secondary to beat the Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On paper, this is a terrible match-up for us. They have the pass rushers, DBs, and 2 stellar skill position players on offense to go with a hot QB. I'm not saying we can't win, but we have to play a lot better than we have played the past 3 games.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It is on both of them teams have been bating Dak and Lamb the last two seasons with that same set up. Clean it up!!!!!!!

I'd just eliminate it from the playbook altogether. Assigning blame or trying to figure that out doesn't matter at this point. While they have hit on a few of these, there have been seemingly as many INTs and more shoulda been INTs.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'd just eliminate it from the playbook altogether. Assigning blame or trying to figure that out doesn't matter at this point. While they have hit on a few of these, there have been seemingly as many INTs and more shoulda been INTs.
Dak since he has come back from injury, seems to be hot and cold with his passes. Against Chicago there where times in the first half he looked elite then after the interception he fell off. The Green Bay game we seemed to be about to go up two scores early then he throws the ball with 3 defenders sitting in the end zone. Then on the next drive does it again at midfield. I know it’s not all on Dak. I blame Kellen.

starfan1

Reaction score
You cannot really think that Bucs game last year is the only time that Dak has changed a bunch of runs to passes.

Please, publicly tell us that you believe that.

Anything other than "Yes, I believe that" means you're agreeing with me. You know that, right?

Did you read post 34? come up with some new material man your stuff is stale as 2 week old bread. Just because it was said after the tampa game doesnt mean it was done in green bay and doesnt mean if it was it was the wrong thing to do. Its just your failed attempts to pinpoint every problem this team has on the QB position.

Everyone knows your shtick! its not even that good of a schtick but apparently if you say it enough you can get some likes.

The main reason this team wont be succesful if that happens will not be the QB position (although he isnt patrick). It will be because teams with above average OL and decent RBs will cram it down our throats. And if our OC dont committ more dedication to running the ball in situations where its warranted (3rd and 4) to have more long sustained drives it will be more of the same. This team is charmin soft barring a few players

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Did you read post 34? come up with some new material man your stuff is stale as 2 week old bread. Just because it was said after the tampa game doesnt mean it was done in green bay and doesnt mean if it was it was the wrong thing to do. Its just your failed attempts to pinpoint every problem this team has on the QB position.

Everyone knows your shtick! its not even that good of a schtick but apparently if you say it enough you can get some likes.

The main reason this team wont be succesful if that happens will not be the QB position (although he isnt patrick). It will be because teams with above average OL and decent RBs will cram it down our throats. And if our OC dont committ more dedication to running the ball in situations where its warranted (3rd and 4) to have more long sustained drives it will be more of the same. This team is charmin soft barring a few players
"My shtick" you say?

You base your thoughts and opinions on your feels while I am basing this off what the offensive coordinator publicly told us.

You can think it was an isolated one game incident all you want, but everyone knows that's not true.

starfan1

Reaction score
"My shtick" you say?

You base your thoughts and opinions on your feels while I am basing this off what the offensive coordinator publicly told us.

You can think it was an isolated one game incident all you want, but everyone knows that's not true.

again stale bread! Next