CFZ Thoughts about the Vikings!

starfan1

Reaction score
Simple.

Do you agree with me that Dak probably changes the run plays more than he should? Or do you disagree just because it's me and go against what Moore has publicly said?
simple did you read post 34? and I dont always disagree with your takes. There are those occassions where you make valid points. Not alot most of its just babbling troll stuff but this morning Im ok with a bit of conversation with you. Normally i scroll past

cnuball21

Reaction score
Simple.

Do you agree with me that Dak probably changes the run plays more than he should? Or do you disagree just because it's me and go against what Moore has publicly said?

Are you referencing the Thursday night game against the Bucs last year? That’s the only thing I’m seeing about Moore saying Dak changed plays.

If so, the Bucs had one of the best run Ds in football last year and we’re most gettable in the air. That was one of Daks best games a last year so not sure how him changing plays was bad and is relevant. We were getting nothing on the ground.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are you referencing the Thursday night game against the Bucs last year? That’s the only thing I’m seeing about Moore saying Dak changed plays.

If so, the Bucs had one of the best run Ds in football last year and we’re most gettable in the air. That was one of Daks best games a last year so not sure how him changing plays was bad and is relevant. We were getting nothing on the ground.
You are correct.

Do you believe Moore would have publicly said Dak changed almost half of the called run plays if Dak played bad? I don't.

The whole point is that Moore said that because Dak played well, but you'd be foolish to believe Dak's not done the same thing and played horrible, but Moore likes having a career in football and wasn't going to throw his QB under the bus for it.

I bring this stuff up every time I see people say, "Moore don't call enough run plays!". How do we know? The only thing we know for sure is that Dak has changed out of almost half of them in a game before. That's all we have to go on when it comes to that.

He's doing nothing different than what he did with Cooper Rush and people still say "Moore should call it the same way with Dak!". How do we know he's not?

cnuball21

Reaction score
You are correct.

Do you believe Moore would have publicly said Dak changed almost half of the called run plays if Dak played bad? I don't.

The whole point is that Moore said that because Dak played well, but you'd be foolish to believe Dak's not done the same thing and played horrible, but Moore likes having a career in football and wasn't going to throw his QB under the bus for it.

I bring this stuff up every time I see people say, "Moore don't call enough run plays!". How do we know? The only thing we know for sure is that Dak has changed out of almost half of them in a game before. That's all we have to go on when it comes to that.

He's doing nothing different than what he did with Cooper Rush and people still say "Moore should call it the same way with Dak!". How do we know he's not?

Sure, he could be changing plays but this was over a year ago. Saying he’s continuing to do it without any type of stat or similar interview is you guessing.

I feel like most of the audibles are getting out of pass plays going to the run. That’s my vantage point but I don’t have any data or interview to claim it as proof. Neither do you for your take.

starfan1

Reaction score

and the merry go round continues. Yes hes referencing that game

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Vikings' defense is not remotely Super Bowl-worthy.
But don't underestimate the advantage to the home defense when playing in a domed stadium. He does help the pass rush.

Aven8

Reaction score
Simple.

Big deal. Romo did the same thing. Both need/needed reigns on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Sure, he could be changing plays but this was over a year ago. Saying he’s continuing to do it without any type of stat or similar interview is you guessing.

I feel like most of the audibles are getting out of pass plays going to the run. That’s my vantage point but I don’t have any data or interview to claim it as proof. Neither do you for your take.
My guess is at least based on actual evidence that has been presented to us while others are just going off their feels to protect Dak.

cnuball21

Reaction score
My guess is at least based on actual evidence that has been presented to us while others are just going off their feels to protect Dak.

Dak has played 90 games and you’re using 1 game from over a year ago.

I totally understand you don’t like Dak, but your guess is about as weak as the other sides.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak has played 90 games and you’re using 1 game from over a year ago.

I totally understand you don’t like Dak, but your guess is about as weak as the other sides.
And others are using ZERO games.

At least my theory has been backed up by the actual offensive coordinator.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
If getting the 1st seed is important to them, this game will show some desperation on their part. Realistically, it's the Cowboys, Vikings, and Eagles with the best shot at the #1 seed. I believe the Giants will fall off. The Vikings have already lost to the Eagles, and in the event of a tie in record, the Eagles hold the tiebreaker. Should the Vikings lose to us, then that would be two teams the Vikings lose a tiebreaker too based on a head-to-head loss. As it stands, the Vikings cannot get the #1 seed if the Eagles win out. They can't afford another loss, especially to a team that also has a shot at the #1 seed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If getting the 1st seed is important to them, this game will show some desperation on their part. Realistically, it's the Cowboys, Vikings, and Eagles with the best shot at the #1 seed. I believe the Giants will fall off. The Vikings have already lost to the Eagles, and in the event of a tie in record, the Eagles hold the tiebreaker. Should the Vikings lose to us, then that would be two teams the Vikings lose a tiebreaker too based on a head-to-head loss. As it stands, the Vikings cannot get the #1 seed if the Eagles win out. They can't afford another loss, especially to a team that also has a shot at the #1 seed.
Don’t rule out the 49ers either

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

100%........it's not hard to see. His ego won't let him admit he's just one man's opinion, that's all. Anything other than the one tweet is guessing as you pointed out. To say Dak is still changing plays as much as he did THAT GAME is silly w/o any proof.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I feel like most of the time when Dak is yelling kill we are switching to run.

MN is bad against the run and awful against the pass. Hoping for a balanced attack without penalties and we should be able to move the ball easily.
Yeah 9 flags for over 80 yards hurt.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Watch, just watch them come out running the ball like crazy........lol
I mean after what we’ve done against the run the last couple weeks, wouldn’t you ? I don’t see to many teams going at the strength of our team. DCook could have a field day , if we don’t shore up our run defense. We all know it so imagine what O’Connell is scheming up. Now , if we can force them to pass , I believe we can get Cousins to fold and throw us the ball

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This was my worry when Dak came back. Because of what Cooper was able to accomplish, Dak was going to go out of his way to prove that he's the number one guy.

And i would agree...ACCEPT look at the % we are in shotgun now compared to when Rush played...Dak is not getting under center then audibles to shotgun all the time...KM went back to his "I love shotgun" book as soon as Dak came back, went back to the undercenter good scheme for Bears THEN in GB right back to "Let me show you this genius shotgun offense i have". Anyone who thinks the QB is changing plays for years against the OC's will and its not working literally has never played organized football its just not happening...they scheme the defense all week and look for the tells they like to call the audibles..Dak is not out there just making crap up...not at all how it works.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I worry about the DB's the most. If they have to drop too many in coverage to slow down Jefferson then Cook is gonna have a great day. So there has to be some kind of balance, disguises, and just better play 1 on 1 at times. The Cowboys are weak at CB and if Brown isn't ready to go that is even worse. Maybe if Barr is back that can help slow the vikings run game some.