CFZ Thoughts about today's win!

mardwin

Reaction score
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth now.

Cowboys did not play well on offense vs a zero win team.

You can ignore that if you like.

Are you talking about the Tampa Bay game? Because Washington beat Jacksonville in week 1.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
defense gives me confidence we can beat anybody.
offense doesn't have to roll up 400yds or 50+pts.
i'd like to see this blueprint on offense moving forward.
don't lose the game...protect the ball...grind the clock...score in the red zone...let the defense win it.

I just do not see that being the winning formula against the very best teams.

The offense needs to be better than it has been the last 4 weeks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I just do not see that being the winning formula against the very best teams.

The offense needs to be better than it has been the last 4 weeks.
maybe i'm wrong but we've seen it with the offense carryin' the load.
but the way this defense is playing...i don't think we need to turn it into a track meet.
we need to do a better job in scoring tds in the red zone for sure.
but this is as close as we've been to being a balanced team.
and i think we can win some important games with this defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
coach mccarthy doin a helluva job.
3-1 with a backup QB.
holdin' it together...doin' good work.
glad big mc is our hc.
you do realize last year 1-0 backup, do we not remember i believe finishing 2020 3-1 with mess at OL and QB?? yet MM keeps being on a FANS Hotseat somehow hes a target for NO REASON AT ALL>

hey lets trade valuable picks and go get pton LOL

NumOneQB

Reaction score
As long as they stick with the run and the defense plays at its current level, they’ll have a chance in every game. I’m not sure how potent the Rams offense is, haven’t watched them play yet this season. Anyone seen them play this year?

cowboyec

Reaction score
you do realize last year 1-0 backup, do we not remember i believe finishing 2020 3-1 with mess at OL and QB?? yet MM keeps being on a FANS Hotseat somehow hes a target for NO REASON AT ALL>

hey lets trade valuable picks and go get pton LOL
your preaching to the choir on this one friend.
i've been sticking up for big mc since year 1.
the biggest thing i see is the development of young players...pollard...brown...schultz...terrence steele...tyler smith.
willingness to be creative....using og's at fullback...going with terrence steele as an udfa his first year because he earned it...moving zack martin to ot in game.
and the change to a def philosoohy of multiple looks...paying draft day attention to def tackle and the vast improvement of the safety position since he got here.
our drafts are better as well.
instead of talking about taking the best player...i think they are actually doing it.
as for this season...losing our starting QB...his team didn't cave.
instead...they've gone 3-0.
thats what i call good work.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Its not fair to claim Coopet was bailed with penalties on The "Almost" Interceptions. . . if there is no Pass interference on the 1st one, maybe Cooper doesn't throw it to Pollard and on the 2nd one the Cowboy WR may have caught it

As far as Shultz . . . He is terrible in the Run Game .

It's not fair? That's exactly what happened. How is saying exactly what happened not fair?

Pass interference happens while the ball is in the air. So the pass to Pollard had already been thrown. And the second one the Cowboy WR may have caught it...if it wasn't intercepted. So yes, he got bailed out by two penalties.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's not fair? That's exactly what happened. How is saying exactly what happened not fair?

Pass interference happens while the ball is in the air. So the pass to Pollard had already been thrown. And the second one the Cowboy WR may have caught it...if it wasn't intercepted. So yes, he got bailed out by two penalties.
The 1st one was when another WR was tackled which took him out of the play as an option . . . which caused Rush to force it to Pollard . . . on the second one the CB was pulling the WR down who had inside position

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Defense won us another game. This was largely the Zeke and Rush horror offense for most of the game. Zeke sucks.

Nice to see Rush come up big late in games though. Have to give him credit there although those pass interference calls were everything.
We had zero run game today, both backs

NotForLong

Reaction score
your preaching to the choir on this one friend.
i've been sticking up for big mc since year 1.
the biggest thing i see is the development of young players...pollard...brown...schultz...terrence steele...tyler smith.
willingness to be creative....using og's at fullback...going with terrence steele as an udfa his first year because he earned it...moving zack martin to ot in game.
and the change to a def philosoohy of multiple looks...paying draft day attention to def tackle and the vast improvement of the safety position since he got here.
our drafts are better as well.
instead of talking about taking the best player...i think they are actually doing it.
as for this season...losing our starting QB...his team didn't cave.
instead...they've gone 3-0.
thats what i call good work.
:clap:
Great post

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Defense won us another game. This was largely the Zeke and Rush horror offense for most of the game. Zeke sucks.

Nice to see Rush come up big late in games though. Have to give him credit there although those pass interference calls were everything.

Dude, just be honest and own it when Pollard was clearly the lesser RB.

And it wasn't even close.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As long as they stick with the run and the defense plays at its current level, they’ll have a chance in every game. I’m not sure how potent the Rams offense is, haven’t watched them play yet this season. Anyone seen them play this year?
Kupp is still their biggest weapon

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
defense gives me confidence we can beat anybody.
offense doesn't have to roll up 400yds or 50+pts.
i'd like to see this blueprint on offense moving forward.
don't lose the game...protect the ball...grind the clock...score in the red zone...let the defense win it.

Against the good teams, 20 points and settling for FG in redzone will not be enough.

Commanders are far from a good team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, just be honest and own it when Pollard was clearly the lesser RB.

And it wasn't even close.

One got 8 carries and the other 19. Yah, Zeke had a better YPC today, but 49 yards on 19 carries? My god, thats horrible

Hard to get a rhythm when you get one carry every other drive.

I would see Zeke get a drive, Pollard get a drive.