CFZ Thoughts about today's win!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In fairness, Pollard nor Zeke had a chance today. Washington's game plan was to make the backup QB beat them and he did. They suck..

One would think with 19 carries that a RB would make a play or two.

irishline

Reaction score
Correction.

1 win team.

May as well be zero win team, they are that bad.

Philly embarrassed them last week but they were more competitive vs Cowboys through 3 quarters.

Philly beat them 24-8

We beat them 25-10

Our problem was not finishing drives and kicking FGs. Philly had 3 tds, 1 fg last week. We had 2 tds, 3 fgs this one. Yards allowed were similar. Eagles did have more yards on offense though. All passing (Eagles had trouble rushing as well - 72 yards on 30 carries), but given they are not playing a backup QB, I would hope so.

Neither is hardly more embarrassing than the other imo.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Really, 28 points is the historical benchmark in the NFL for winning most games. I did the analysis in a post a Coyote of years ago. Yes, we might win ~65% of the games scoring 20 if the defense continues to play well, but we aren’t consistently beating better teams only scoring 20. Still, love the win and feel much better than I felt the moment I found out Dak was injured.
I'm talking about with your backup QB, if he can give you 20 there is an excellent chance to succeed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Entire running game sucked from OL to TE to playcalling to RB.

But give me the RB who produces 3× more than the other one.

Again, less than 1 yard a carry.

You can "what if" it to ridiculous depths as you are wont to do but the facts are the facts.

Give me the RB that has lead the team in YPC for 4 years in a row now over the other guy. Give me the guy that breaks big runs and makes big plays. That would be Pollard.

I guess you can what if to laughable depths all you want, but facts are facts. :muttley:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Give me the RB that has lead the team in YPC for 4 years in a row now over the other guy. Give me the guy that breaks big runs and makes big plays. That would be Pollard.

I guess you can what if to stupid depths all you want, but facts are facts.

So you're the guy who liked Troy Hambrick over Emmitt Smith amirite???

The change of pace back almost always averages the greater ypc than the featured back.

Compare apples to apples genius.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you're the guy who liked Troy Hambrick over Emmitt Smith amirite???

The change of pace back almost always averages the greater ypc than the featured back.

Compare apples to apples genius.

NO, Im the guy that like Kamara over Ingram. Im the guy that liked Murray over Tashard Choice.

Change of pace? LOL You mean slow to fast? Smartest thing you said all day.

You do realize that Pollard is leading the Cowboys in ypc this year including today right?

Never seen a guy brag about a back going for 48 yards on 19 carries. LOL

stiletto

Reaction score
One would think with 19 carries that a RB would make a play or two.

IMO, KM went to the well too much and took the bait too much. Should have been obvious after the 1st qtr. I agree though Zeke ain't breaking anything anymore. Everyone knows except Jersey wearing fools on here.

shabazz

Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to look back, Were either of those picks thrown after seeing a flag or where Rush saw holding?

It depends. If you’re a big Dak fan, Rush never saw a flag before the throw but if you’re a big Cooper fan, he saw the flag before the throw and knew it was a free play

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IMO, KM went to the well too much and took the bait too much. Should have been obvious after the 1st qtr. I agree though Zeke ain't breaking anything anymore. Everyone knows except Jersey wearing fools on here.

After last week, where splitting the carries and featuring pollard went so well he goes back to 70-30 Zeke being featured?

Just when you think he has gotten a clue he folds back into the darkness. Did Jerry get pissed that Pollard had so much success and so many carries? We will never know.

stiletto

Reaction score
After last week, where splitting the carries and featuring pollard went so well he goes back to 70-30 Zeke being featured?

Just when you think he has gotten a clue he folds back into the darkness. Did Jerry get pissed that Pollard had so much success and so many carries? We will never know.

It's lame.. I feel marketing and the importance of WEAK men wearing jerseys is more important than having a winning team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's lame.. I feel marketing and the importance of WEAK men wearing jerseys is more important than having a winning team.

I know Jerry is a complete moron. But you think he is really dumb enough to keep Zeke next year or restructure his contract to keep him around?

stiletto

Reaction score
I know Jerry is a complete moron. But you think he is really dumb enough to keep Zeke next year or restructure his contract to keep him around?

Yeah.. Honestly I'd be more shocked if they let him go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah.. Honestly I'd be more shocked if they let him go.

LOL.........and this our GM. My god!!!

He couldnt admit the mistake of drafting him 4th so he had to double down and sign him to a huge 2nd contract. Now he will double down on that. We are doomed.

hutch1254

Reaction score
I have thoughts on todays win. Washington is an embarrassing organization. What the blanking blank were those jerseys they were wearing today? A poor mans Pittsburgh Steeler knockoff? Your relented to changing your name, you let a guy hold you hostage on taking on a new team name when he bought the copyrights to tons of possible team names, you should have just left it the Washington Football Team and the uniforms the way they were, it wasn't completely terrible. Your owner is a complete scumbag joke and deserves the nickname of Little Napoleon. Ron Rivera I respect you, please resign and save yourself. Two of your super bowl wins were built on strike years. I dislike alot about how the team I root for runs itself but Washington you're a joke. I'm glad our backup QB handled you today.

Alcohol Sunday lets go.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense won us another game. This was largely the Zeke and Rush horror offense for most of the game. Zeke sucks.

Nice to see Rush come up big late in games though. Have to give him credit there although those pass interference calls were everything.

Your beloved Pollard 8 carries for 6 yards….so which RB really sucked?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One got 8 carries and the other 19. Yah, Zeke had a better YPC today, but 49 yards on 19 carries? My god, thats horrible

Hard to get a rhythm when you get one carry every other drive.

I would see Zeke get a drive, Pollard get a drive.

Zeke a bad 2.57 YPC
Pollard a miserably horrible sucking .75 YPC

Zeke 32:yards receiving to Pollars 2 yards.

But yet you can’t say anything bad about your beloved Pollard. But find ways to nag on Zeke when he was obviously better.

Don’t you always tell me look at the average not the number of touches.

Double standards.
Pollard had a few series on his own. Not 1 carry every other drive. Tell the truth.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
-20 points is the benchmark, with a strong defense and good special teams they will win many games if the offense reaches this number.

Offense

-Cowboys couldn't run the football what so ever but they stayed with it and got a few big plays off play action. OL really struggled, but to be fair, Washington's interior is very talented and good. OL did well in the penalty department.

-Rush got away with two bad interceptions due to penalties by Washington's Defense. I thought this was his worst game out of the three, but a lot has to due how well they played defense against us.

-Gallup was a huge factor in today's victory. Big 3rd down conversion, TD before half and drew a long penalty. Lamb had another strong outing, most important no dropped passes.

-Shultz is hurting this team more then helping it, thought our TE play was much better last week.

Defense

-Defense had a lot of struggles stopping the run again, especially in the 1st half. Washington used the same runs that TB had success with on the outside. This is an area of concern.

-Pass rush was very solid, but I expect more from this group. Parsons still doesn't look the same since the Cincy game. He is still affecting throws, but not flashing as much. Fowler another strong game.

-Diggs had a very strong game defending a legitimate top WR. The 2 fourth quarter pass breakups ended the game. We have two legitimate playmakers on this unit, don't forget about Diggs. By the way, Lewis might not see his job when he returns, thought Bland played real well, which including a game sealing interception.

Special Teams

-Maher was very consistent once again and he probably saved 2 points with his tackle in that blocked extra point.
-They almost blocked another FG.
-Anger had that poor punt when field position was paramount.

Good grind out win, but now the schedule gets harder the next 2 weeks on the road against top competition, who knows if Dak returns in that span and how he performs after the layoff.
You play favorites too much. If Kearse gets his job back so does lewis.