Thoughts about Zeke today?

Proof

Reaction score
Thanks bro.. I think it should be plainly instructional that Pollard's explosive play count and his yards per carry have come back to Earth after the heaviest 3 game load of his career. That's just the way it works with the running back position. It's a beating to have to fight off 3-4 300 pound men 20 times a game and have them slam you to the ground while falling on top of you. Then throw in having to step in front of a 250 pound heat seeking missile coming after your QB 10-12 more times a game.. It takes a toll and no human is immune to it.

His heaviest 3 game load of his career WAS Detroit, Chicago and Greenbay. He followed that up with the best game of his career. he carried the full load twice this season and responded with his best games of the season (to that point)

Seems that he just has a harder time against strong defensive interiors than zeke does (ie eagles, giants) which is of course common sense. when they've been given a fairly even distribution of touches pollard has vastly outperformed him and not gotten injured and missed time. This next game will be after the new "heaviest 3 game load of his career" lets see if the trend continues, because one game is hardly a relevant sample size.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
His heaviest 3 game load of his career WAS Detroit, Chicago and Greenbay. He followed that up with the best game of his career. he carried the full load twice this season and responded with his best games of the season (to that point)

Seems that he just has a harder time against strong defensive interiors than zeke does (ie eagles, giants) which is of course common sense. when they've been given a fairly even distribution of touches pollard has vastly outperformed him and not gotten injured and missed time. This next game will be after the new "heaviest 3 game load of his career" lets see if the trend continues, because one game is hardly a relevant sample size.

It is when he has better numbers than.. you know.. the other guy...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Those two guys know what it means to make a path to help the team find the way to the top. They were not out there to outplay each other. Bread and butter.

Oh I'm sure there is some brotherly competition going on in there.. That's very healthy. But in the end they're both about the team and continue to be each other's biggest cheerleader.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Zeke will retire as the Cowboys RB and it will not be next season

Reactions: CWR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
But you geniuses claimed that if he got more touches he would be breaking off 20+ yard runs left and right and playing behind Zeke was the only thing holding him back from doing it. Oh and his longest run yesterday was 13 yards.. Nice try though. He did add three negative runs for -9 yards to his ledger though.. Bringing his season total to 13. I say again.. The Cowboys have two good backs.. Some matchups are gonna favor Zeke, some are gonna favor Pollard. Which one it is only matters to softheads..

Thanks for teeing that up for me...

Zeke has just eight (8) 10+ yard runs ON THE SEASON (on 140 carries).

Let that resonate in your soft-shelled skull.

Pollard matched that in just two games (Bears & Packers) on just 36 carries.

Now the bag of hot air is saying "Buuh, buuh, Zeke still recovering from C19....his lungs huuuuuuuuuurt"

:laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
It is when he has better numbers than.. you know.. the other guy...

huh? yeah it's relevant in saying "zeke had a better game" but one off game (after others that disproved your theory) isn't adequate to form the theory in the first place.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
huh? yeah it's relevant in saying "zeke had a better game" but one off game (after others that disproved your theory) isn't adequate to form the theory in the first place.

Um what theory is that?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Didn't look washed up today. Definitely outplayed Pollard today
It happens when Jerry is determined to give Zeke as many snaps as possible to keep him relevant.
He'll soon be back to his 45-yard days.

Pollard is more consistent.

CWR

Reaction score
Zeke will retire as the Cowboys RB and it will not be next season

I fully expect him to take a pay cut. I wonder if fans will appreciate him more at that point. It didn't help Doug Free's case.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It happens when Jerry is determined to give Zeke as many snaps as possible to keep him relevant.
He'll soon be back to his 45-yard days.

Pollard is more consistent.

Pollard has a high of 131 yards on the ground and a low of 6.
Zeke has a high of 92 yards on the ground and a low of 49.

You need me to do the math for ya? Or do you just not understand the meaning of the word "consistent."

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I fully expect him to take a pay cut. I wonder if fans will appreciate him more at that point. It didn't help Doug Free's case.

People who are invested in being "right" about Zeke will hate him even if he plays for free.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pollard has a high of 131 yards on the ground and a low of 6.
Zeke has a high of 92 yards on the ground and a low of 49.

You need me to do the math for ya? Or do you just not understand the meaning of the word "consistent."

92 or 49.

So next game we can expect a 49 from Zeke?
Mr. Consistency?
:muttley:

CWR

Reaction score
People who are invested in being "right" about Zeke will hate him even if he plays for free.

Fact. We have many, many investors on this board. They've put a lot of wealth into some of these guys failing, and most will go down with the ship before selling a nickel of that stock.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He looked fresh. The limited action and rest these last few weeks helped.

Reactions: BAT

Thomas82

Reaction score
Yesterday should have been a big day for Zeke. How do you get 51 yards in the 1st quarter and only end up with 92 yards for the game? This is in no way a diss on Tony Pollard, but we didn't ride the hot hand as much as we should have. I'm probably in the minority on this, but I can't stand the way we rotate our running backs.

Thomas82

Reaction score
My thoughts are he’s not worthless, but he’s no longer a bell cow. He and Pollard should be dang near 50/50 split in carries and opportunities and if one gets hot, you ride them.

I don't expect these coaches to get the memo. Zeke got hot yesterday and we didn't ride him.