Thoughts about Zeke today?

exciter

Reaction score
Didn't look washed up today. Definitely outplayed Pollard today
There’s really not enough time between games for teams to game plan for 2 different backs tendencies. Big reason you’ll see the backup run for a better average… notice the guy no one had ever heard of running for 15 yards a clip yesterday… think he’s the better back??? Guessing a lot of yesterday had to do with the Giants focusing their game plan on Pollard which opened things for Zeke!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Tackled for loss:

10 for -32 yards - Pollard
8 for -18 yards - Zeke

No further comment needed.
:lmao2:

/thread

25-B461-DE-5955-4084-A621-A7-E7818-CBFA4.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
My thoughts are, he is too slow. He had open field on a couple of plays yesterday and couldn't outrun anyone. Pollard would have taken both plays to the house.

But for Zeke, he had a good day. Just not a $15 million a year day.

The Giants were clearly putting their attention on Pollard to keep him from getting loose. That gave Zeke some opportunities.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thoughts are, he is too slow. He had open field on a couple of plays yesterday and couldn't outrun anyone. Pollard would have taken both plays to the house.

The Giants were clearly putting their attention on Pollard to keep him from getting loose. That gave Zeke some opportunities.

Doubtful......fans need to get over the fact that Pollard can take every play to the house........how does all of that work for Barkley, same thing used to be said about him.

Creeper

Reaction score
Doubtful......fans need to get over the fact that Pollard can take every play to the house........how does all of that work for Barkley, same thing used to be said about him.

I wasn't suggesting he would take every play to the house, but on those two plays, I think he had a good shot at taking both to the house considering the open field.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting he would take every play to the house, but on those two plays, I think he had a good shot at taking both to the house considering the open field.
Zeke actually looked pretty damn fast in the open field… tripping over his feet and vision been my issue with him this year . The combo is perfect. We need both for the future.. Zeke needs to take a huge pay cut. And I think he will. He’s not gonna get paid anywhere close to that anywhere else. Franchise pollard next year if can’t reach agreement. Hell we franchised Schultz and he’s no where near. The impact pollard has been.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry, I like Zeke but he didn't outplay Pollard
Not that it matters, umm actually he did pollard had 3 more carries, less yards and YPC umm 3.8..thias is by memory i think 4 games this year Zeke had beter YPC then pollard, zekes was playing well just like last year before the injury, no need to choose but those who think Pollard should get the rb1 title even though it didn't matter needs to remember they are both needed and both playing well and in no way is zeked washed up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke actually looked pretty damn fast in the open field… tripping over his feet and vision been my issue with him this year . The combo is perfect. We need both for the future.. Zeke needs to take a huge pay cut. And I think he will. He’s not gonna get paid anywhere close to that anywhere else. Franchise pollard next year if can’t reach agreement. Hell we franchised Schultz and he’s no where near. The impact pollard has been.

We know something will need to be done with Zeke's contract. I can a scenario where Zeke, and possibly Dak, restructure, and shift some of that money to Pollard.
DLaw redid his contract, took a little less, but extended his deal for what 3 years. So I can see the same for Zeke. And we know Jerry will redo Dak's deal, if not in 2023, but in 2024. So do it next year.

The thing is, how much will Pollard want, and can they shift enough to him to keep him.
I do not see the outright release of Zeke. Unless he absolutely refuse to renegotiate. Which I doubt.
I hope this happens so I can see a meltdown on here. :lmao:

But if he is gone, so be it, it is part of business. Went through it with Dez, so the same can happen to other players. Look how much better we are by "losing" Gregory as well.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Without downfield blocking almost no back in the league can outrun NFL dbs. Raheem Mostert is probably the only one.. Maybe Jonathan Taylor.. The rest need help.. People rave about guys like Chubb and Henry breaking off long runs but in most cases the DBs are making business decisions along the way about getting in front of those two freight trains. It's not so much about not being able to catch them as it is about not wanting to.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
As I have said many times.. In games where the d-line wins a lot I expect Zeke to be the more effective back. He's much better at fighting off a guy in the backfield and falling forward for positive yards. Most of the time if Pollard meets a d-lineman in the backfield that play is over. No so for Zeke.. In games where there are bigger holes I expect Pollard to shine. His superior speed and acceleration will allow him to exploit the holes for bigger gains. Again it underscores why it's great that we have them both.
Bro, you save me a lot of time writing... appreciate it..:clap:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We know something will need to be done with Zeke's contract. I can a scenario where Zeke, and possibly Dak, restructure, and shift some of that money to Pollard.
DLaw redid his contract, took a little less, but extended his deal for what 3 years. So I can see the same for Zeke. And we know Jerry will redo Dak's deal, if not in 2023, but in 2024. So do it next year.

The thing is, how much will Pollard want, and can they shift enough to him to keep him.
I do not see the outright release of Zeke. Unless he absolutely refuse to renegotiate. Which I doubt.

But if he is gone, so be it, it is part of business. Went through it with Dez, so the same can happen to other players. Look how much better we are by "losing" Gregory as well.

Yeah the Cowboys wrote Dak's contract clearly with restructuring capability in mind. This year being the last guaranteed year on Zeke's contract they have flexibility with his too. I think they both redo their deals to keep this band together as long as possible. This is a REALLY good team and it would be a damn shame to let greed dismantle it. Both Dak and Zeke (and DLaw) have made enough money to take care of their progeny for the next three generations. From here forward it needs to be about winning a championship and if that means playing for pennies on the dollar to keep better teammates so be it. See Tom Brady and his 7 rings.. His count likely stops at 2 or 3 if he insisted on being the highest paid player every year..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looked better. A little bit quicker than he has looked but the big thing was the decisiveness. He looked like he was running much more downhill. I thought this was his best game since the first half of last season.

For the Zeke fans who are going to get excited about this and try to rub it in the faces of those who like Pollard, imagine watching this in reverse where Zeke was outplaying Pollard like today week after week but Pollard kept getting the start and more carries. Would be kind of frustrating.

Regardless, I kind of wonder if Pollard's success is actually rubbing off or pushing Zeke. Like I said, Zeke was running hard today in a way I haven't seen in a while.
He's mostly fresh and healed up.

He plays injured a lot. And we know from Tony Romo how that works out. You never do heal up, and it shows.

In regards to the Tony/Zeke debate....this is exactly how it should work out, and I give KM/ MM too? credit for just sort of feeling it out and then sticking with it. Sometimes a blessing can be a curse as you try to figure out what to do with it.

They played it perfectly this time. Next game? Might be pollard.

We should try to cheer both of them on as best we can.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Zeke looked alright.

That said, I still saw a guy that can no longer make a guy miss in open space. Some of those 10-12 yard runs should have went much longer.

So should those 2 yard runs that TP was putting up.

These are silly takes.

TP was not at his best on Thursday, it should not be that hard to admit that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would actually not be opposed to zeke leaving...one way or the other. It would end the silly debates and predictions of demise. He might go to a team that will cut him loose.

A huge pay cut MIGHT quiet some down a little bit....doubt it but maybe.

jujoboys

Reaction score
We are lucky to have the combo of Zeke and Pollard. Each has different skill sets that we can use to expose different defenses “when” used properly. I hope we can find a way to keep both next year but I doubt we will be able to make it happen.

kskboys

Reaction score

And Pollard would've been tackled in the backfield on some of the plays that Zeke ran through them. Works both ways.

Daillest88

Reaction score

True.. but zekes attitude is way different compared to them at this point in his career. Guy just seems way more humble now. He knows pollard can extend his career. Pollard franchises would get him 12 million. I really think Zeke takes the pay cut.