Thoughts about Zeke today?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This continues to be the problem here. People seem to want some guaranteed number of touches for Pollard regardless of what the game dictates. The Cowboys should never go into any game with some hard and fast number for either back. See who is getting the better of the matchup that day and go from there. Yes there have been games where Pollard has performed well. But there have also been plenty of games where he has been completely stuffed. It has happened twice already this year. Yet people persist with this "he needs touches no matter what" mantra. No he doesn't. Frankly I believe that Zeke should be getting 20 carries a game and if the Cowboys were sticking to that formula they would win 80% of their games. I say that because history has shown that the Cowboys win 80% of the games when they do give him 20 or more carries. Now I understand that it's not JUST about the number of carries but also the style of game it dictates as well. Smash mouth.. wear the defense down, control the clock, win time of possession, rest your defense, keep the opposing defense from teeing off on Dak. It's a winning formula 80% of the time. I also understand that as an older back they know they can't lean on him for 20 carries a game for 17 games.. Enter Tony Pollard.. Give Pollard 10-15 totes a game to offload some wear on Zeke and to provide an alternative style to Zeke.

We know TP doesn't exact the same toll on the defense that Zeke does (we all saw how the Giants defenders kept dropping like flies on Thanksgiving) but he hurt them in other ways. Namely more big plays. That too can be a winning formula. Just a different one. I for one am okay with either.. as long as we win. But I have no interest in this continuing agenda driven BS about one guy needing more touches than the other or "outplaying the other." This is a team game.. If the team won then both played well enough to win.. Why that isn't good enough for so many people will always be a mystery to me.
Uhum

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
You're right. the Zeke Boy takes are silly.

Zeke's been pretty close to averaging on the season what Pollard did in yesterday's game and y'all are heeeehawwwing donkeys about it.

And of course when Zeke average 3.8 YPC it's all about the supposed "tough yards" Zeke gets.
4.12 yards per carry