Thoughts from last night's Hawks-Eagles game

Proof

Reaction score
Played football most of my life. Never saw any numbers in the middle of the field, unless they were on a jersey.

Yeah the numbers are on the side of the field, hence between them being the middle of the field.

Why would OP talk about wentz being innacurate and needing receivers with a big catch radius but then say he’s got a good feel for passing between the numbers if it meant their jerseys. That would make him... accurate. Anyway all good. Thanks for weighing in

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yeah the numbers are on the side of the field, hence between them being the middle of the field.

Why would OP talk about wentz being innacurate and needing receivers with a big catch radius but then say he’s got a good feel for passing between the numbers if it meant their jerseys. That would make him... accurate. Anyway all good. Thanks for weighing in

I think you answered your own question.

Sepia

Reaction score
It’s been said at least twice in this thread and I’ll say it again. We almost never have wide open receivers.

I can remember one(I think from last year) where we had a guy run wide open. I remember explaining to my wife just how rare that is for this team.

I think it was T will in some kind of misdirection and throw back to the other side of the field. I Can’t really remember.

Needless to say we never ran the play again. I’m guessing they’re saving it for just the right time. ;)

I remember TWill being wide open on the one touchdown we scored in the second Giants game last year.

Sepia

Reaction score
Played football most of my life. Never saw any numbers in the middle of the field, unless they were on a jersey.

"Between the numbers" where the yards are marked on the field. "Outside the numbers" (where the yards are marked) is closer to the sidelines.

Edit, because I'm not sure if I made sense:

Outside the numbers:
IMG_4169.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I remember TWill being wide open on the one touchdown we scored in the second Giants game last year.

Thanks. It was bugging me that I couldn’t remember.

That was it. Very rare for us.

aria

Reaction score
Fair enough. My biggest issues in giving him one more year are:

1) I don't buy the bad hand and excuses. You look around the league and you see teams overcoming injuries. Those teams tend to be well coached teams. And what happens next year if we have another injury or two? More excuses? At some point, he has to show he can overcome issues/injuries. In 7 years, he has not been able to show that.

2) You can't waste another year of Dak's development on this coaching staff. It's clear that Dak, while he has talent, needs to continue to refine his game - mechanics, reads, etc. I don't think this staff can help him with that and I do find it a bit odd that once Romo leaves the Cowboys, Dak reverts to what we've seen. I suspect the best "coach" Dak had last year wasn't Garrett or Linehan. It was Romo. I can't waste another year of Dak's potential development on a staff that, frankly, has shown very little in 7 years to think they actually get "it".
Some good points but we'll just have to disagree on the first one. As I've already stated, we lost 3-4 pro bowlers and the best rb in the league. There may be other trams that have lost quite a few starters but I don't know of any that lost that many players of that magnitude at roughly the same time. I also still think Jerry and Co have done a horrendous job at providing depth at every position other than RB.

Won't argue for or against your second statement. Obviously Dak is in a slump, hopefully temporary, but I won't pretend to know why. There are a LOT of factors that could be the cause and while coaching may be a part or all of the issue I'm sold either way until we see more.

Some nice points and something to think about and keep an eye on though :)