Twitter: Thoughts needed on this latest Smith piece

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
He didn't put himself on the Pro Bowl roster, so how is that his fault?
Not his fault at all but him THINKING he had a pro Bowl season is what bothers me.

I say this cause he went on twitter and asked the fans for votes...where does he get it in his head to even ask for votes after the season he had, ESPECIALLY compared to the 2018 season which was very good - great.

Thats why I had an issue with his position coach Bloom also - what the hell were they thinking while they went over game tape every week.

Any player with any self-awareness would have been embarrassed to ask for votes.

And Smith isn't the only problem - the whole team had that attitude that all they had to do was show up and win, this is why I wanted a disciplinarian as a HC to get these players minds right.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I said nothing about white privilege. I said he made a program to help the minorities in this country. Your own insecurities brought up white privilege.....
Screw booth of you. To say it serves black and brown youths is akin to Sean Lee saying his program serves Asian and Hispanic goals.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I said nothing about white privilege. I said he made a program to help the minorities in this country. Your own insecurities brought up white privilege.....
When you talk about football without saying the word "football", doesn't mean you didn't talk about football. The same goes for white privilege. My bringing up white privilege had nothing to do with insecurity but your dodging the truth has everything to do with insecurity. When your identity trumps your humanity your effort is counterproductive. Charity should not be limited by the color of skin.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I am torn on this stuff. Clearly the intentions here are a good thing. I have completely flipped on Smith though. Any other player I would like this. Smith? Just seems phony to me. Am I wrong here?
Of course not. Nobody's opinion is wrong. But it is debatable lol. Look on the bright side. Tackles, tackles for loss, sacks, QB hits, fumble recoveries, passes defended, all statistical categories in which Smith improved during his second NFL season actually on the field. 2019 Pro Bowl proved that.

Smith/LVE appear set to be anchors of the Cowboys' second-level for years to come on the defensive side of the ball. BOOM!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not his fault at all but him THINKING he had a pro Bowl season is what bothers me.

I say this cause he went on twitter and asked the fans for votes...where does he get it in his head to even ask for votes after the season he had, ESPECIALLY compared to the 2018 season which was very good - great.

Thats why I had an issue with his position coach Bloom also - what the hell were they thinking while they went over game tape every week.

Any player with any self-awareness would have been embarrassed to ask for votes.

And Smith isn't the only problem - the whole team had that attitude that all they had to do was show up and win, this is why I wanted a disciplinarian as a HC to get these players minds right.
He did have the 6th most tackles in the NFL, so while I agree his season was a bit of a let down after 2018, let’s not act as if he was a bumbling idiot.

as for the team needing a change of attitude, i would agree with that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When you talk about football without saying the word "football", doesn't mean you didn't talk about football. The same goes for white privilege. My bringing up white privilege had nothing to do with insecurity but your dodging the truth has everything to do with insecurity. When your identity trumps your humanity your effort is counterproductive. Charity should not be limited by the color of skin.
Life’s unfair. Get over it.

And I’m not dodging anything. You are the only person bringing up a white privilege angle. No one tried to help minorities and think/ “hmmmm....what about the majority”?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Life’s unfair. Get over it.

And I’m not dodging anything. You are the only person bringing up a white privilege angle. No one tried to help minorities and think/ “hmmmm....what about the majority”?
I only put the apropos label to what you were describing. You are dodging because you are unwilling to call a spade a spade. The fact that Jaylon has a charity limited to only minorities contradicts the very argument you just made. Charity should be colorblind.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He did have the 6th most tackles in the NFL, so while I agree his season was a bit of a let down after 2018, let’s not act as if he was a bumbling idiot.

as for the team needing a change of attitude, i would agree with that.

Why do you think tackle totals are some meaningful indication of playing ability?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I only put the apropos label to what you were describing. You are dodging because you are unwilling to call a spade a spade. The fact that Jaylon has a charity limited to only minorities contradicts the very argument you just made. Charity should be colorblind.
So there shouldn’t be charity to certain causes? There shouldn’t be charities to help the blind. There shouldn’t be charities to help victims of domestic violence victims. There shouldn’t be charities dedicated to helping our veterans.......because Joeking will get offended and he wants everyone to receive charity?

and why would I dodge? What is there to dodge?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So there shouldn’t be charity to certain causes? There shouldn’t be charities to help the blind. There shouldn’t be charities to help victims of domestic violence victims. There shouldn’t be charities dedicated to helping our veterans.......because Joeking will get offended and he wants everyone to receive charity?

and why would I dodge? What is there to dodge?
I said charity should not be colorblind. To say I said any more than that is making a strawman's argument. Jaylon wants to promote entrepreneurship. He should run with that but god forbid if that charity helps one non-minority. Promoting his cause as for minorities only is wrong, IMO. It's just another form of segregation.

You are dodging the fact that you believe white privilege is the justification for Jaylon's charity to be limited to minorities.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I said charity should not be colorblind. To say I said any more than that is making a strawman's argument. Jaylon wants to promote entrepreneurship. He should run with that but god forbid if that charity helps one non-minority. Promoting his cause as for minorities only is wrong, IMO. It's just another form of segregation.

You are dodging the fact that you believe white privilege is the justification for Jaylon's charity to be limited to minorities.
And your point is???

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How in the hell can you make something like a program for minorities and make it out to be something negative? Damn fools............
Just so long as we understand your justification for saying that is white privilege.

keysersoze

Reaction score
My point is I have an opinion. I just stated it boldly for all to read. Any more questions?
Do you feel as strongly about all the businesses, corporations and other programs who shut out minorities? Are you as outspoken against them? I’m sure you’re not because you’d be boycotting 80% of the stuff that runs the country. Don’t find a small issue to stand against. Be bold and stand up for the large scale discriminatory practices that have been the American way for centuries. Or shut ya azz up.