Twitter: Thoughts needed on this latest Smith piece

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I’m tough in Real Life though. So that bs you spit is irrelevant. But since we are talking about celebrating and whatnot. How do you feel about LVE’s dumb azz wolf call bs? That’s ok with you?

Yeah fine you are tough. Good for you. If you read in here you will know I can’t stand LVE’s grandstanding either.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Also, you literally said, " I have completely flipped on Smith though. Any other player I would like this. Smith? Just seems phony to me. This guy is all about his brand and image."

So, keep backpedaling, but this entire post is calling a guy out and hating on him.

I asked people their opinions. I gave mine. I could have been swayed. I was not. Not backpedaling at all. Get yourself some coffee and read for content.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sometimes a person will ask a question while actually asking another question at the same time. The poster you were fussing with, I believe, was trying to imply that one is those questions was in your OP.

I was just commenting by referencing the old saw of implying one thing while asking another.

aria

Reaction score
...but he was a Pro Bowler :rolleyes: Just think how great this team could be if we had 21 other Pro Bowlers just like Jaylon!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hard for me to bust on someone's contributions in charity and that type of thing. Whether I like or dislike a person, I can appreciate the effort or contributions towards charitable groups or helping people.
Might think someone is two faced and out for themselves but if they go to a children hospital to visit some sick kids I think it is a good thing. Even if their intent is just to look good in a PR move, if the children get a little something positive out of it, I am ok with that and applaud it.

But there are people in the entertainment industry that do come across as fake. Just doing things to better their own image.
I also think there are just some good people out there that do things and act in ways that are honest without bad intent. I think sometimes we can be so jaded or negative that we don't give the benefit of the doubt that some people are just good people doing things for the right reason and to try a make a positive input in others lives.

I am not sure about Jaylon. I tend to think he is a good guy with good intentions who also does market his brand and himself. I don't think there are bad intentions behind it. I just don't get that vibe from him. As far as his play, he makes plenty of positive plays and at times he plays like crap. But I could say that for a good deal of players in the nfl.
VERY WELL stated, Mr. Paint.

Bravo.. :clap:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Don’t confuse a variety of interests for a lack of commitment

Jaylon being all about Jaylon is a meme at this point. I wouldn’t get too worked up about it.

He’s trying to make a difference and use his platform to improve people’s lives. Nothing negative about that.

I know we would often like for these young men to do nothing but live in a one-bedroom adjacent to the practice facility and lift, eat right and study film with maybe a few hours a day to play video games, but that’s not a life and it’s not realistic.

It will be ok
You win sir. Good day

mmohican29

Reaction score
Also, you literally said, " I have completely flipped on Smith though. Any other player I would like this. Smith? Just seems phony to me. This guy is all about his brand and image."

So, keep backpedaling, but this entire post is calling a guy out and hating on him.

Not defending anybody but

I DO think it's ok to hate a player that stinks to high heaven, married by contract to the team I root for, and salts the herpes sore of his play @MLB with:

Fake hustle
Relentless Personal brand enhancement
Fraudulent Achievement

And why not. Absurd choice of garb

Yes.

This is the Dallas Cowboys roster member that I can develop a real distance animosity for should he continue to bite the big one every Sunday.

Qcard

Reaction score
I am torn on this stuff. Clearly the intentions here are a good thing. I have completely flipped on Smith though. Any other player I would like this. Smith? Just seems phony to me. This guy is all about his brand and image. I wish he would have mastered football a few more seasons before diving head first into this stuff. It seems like such a distraction for a guy that repeatedly avoided contact as a NFL linebacker. I see more of that this coming season and I will be convinced the guy isn’t serious about football but is really serious about being Jaylon Smith.

Am I wrong here?

Go jump off a bridge or get your priorities straight ... horrible post!!

Football is a tool to improve one's life and not vice versa

We had an incompetent coaching staff and the players knew it...smart players like Jaylon did the best they could...

Marinelli 0-16 funk drenched the defense

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Entrepreneurship is a worthy thing to promote but when you are only interested in promoting it for "minorities" your interest in identity has overtaken your interest in helping humanity.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Entrepreneurship is a worthy thing to promote but when you are only interested in promoting it for "minorities" your interest in identity has overtaken your interest in helping humanity.
Well I think he’s trying to help out the minorities because they aren’t the majority. The majority seems to have more opportunities which is why they are the majority.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well I think he’s trying to help out the minorities because they aren’t the majority. The majority seems to have more opportunities which is why they are the majority.
Oh yes, the white privilege argument. :rolleyes:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Go jump off a bridge or get your priorities straight ... horrible post!!

Football is a tool to improve one's life and not vice versa

We had an incompetent coaching staff and the players knew it...smart players like Jaylon did the best they could...

Marinelli 0-16 funk drenched the defense

Mature response.