Thoughts on 2024 Schedule?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Just at first glance…
I believe Cowboys split the Divisional games with Philly, NY and Washington;
Will beat Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Pittsburg;
Will lose to SF, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, Houston and Detroit

Challenging schedule for sure and made more difficult given Dallas’ static off-season and failure to address DL, OL, LB, RB and WR, all of which cannot be addressed via the draft. It’s a good thing Jerry and Stephen are “alli in” or else I would be worried <sarcasm>.
Do you think an improvement to: DL, OL,RB and WR would of made a dramatic difference to 8-9? This is a soft reset based in part on the schedule and the forthcoming elite contracts. No point in throwing money on free agents (especially those that arent going to be a factor into 2025 and beyond) that dont move the needle and bites into the $90m remaining 2025 CAP.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Also with the cowboys not signing in any top free agents, not resigning ceedee and Parsons this team is inept and stupid in the front office

blueblood70

Reaction score
Home: New York Giants, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans

Road: New York Giants, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns

IMHO the "Strength" of the Schedule seems irrelevant....
First of all the schedule is unimportant until it comes out and we actually know Homer away and when we're playing these people and that our roster set so we have an idea of who we're facing and what we'll look like as a team so yeah way too soon

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s week to week, and you can’t even figure it out until you’re upon it.

SF on the road is what most would figure to be a loss. What if they lose several key starters for that game and we are fully healthy?

This is an impossible exercise and it has very little if nothing to do with the upcoming draft.

raven55

Reaction score
got a lot of hope do, we better keep dreaming because that's all you have

shabazz

Reaction score
5 wins.... :popcorn:
I was thinking 7 or 8. The Giants, Commodes and Panthers should deliver at least 4 wins. Maybe the Falcons and Saints?

Oh, crap .........maybe 6 is the number?

Top 5 pick in 2025

shabazz

Reaction score
From 12-5 to not making the playoffs?

Who did the Cowboys lose in FA that was so important?

Tougher schedule but still.....
7 holes to fill on both sides of the ball, 1 average FA pickup, new DC, but most importantly a 1st place schedule that includes the AFC North.............the Eagles aren't going to gift us with a 1-5 finish like last season.

Like the guy in Platoon said, " I got a bad feeling about this"

Jarntt

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a very difficult schedule. Of course a lot of that has to do with the fact that our division stinks. We play two bottom dwellers and a team with one of the biggest choke job, collapses in NFL history last year, twice each. We are lucky to be in the division we are.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
As long as we don't get multiple dumb threads during the season about how the schedule is a conspiracy and the Eagles get favorable treatment, bring it on.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like they have an opportunity to fight some good teams and test their own fortitude both at home and on the road.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 straight 12-5 seasons and every year most pick doom and gloom. This team will not be that much different than last years.

Most players that left, their replacement is already on the team, with no to little drop off. The draft will (if they hit on the picks) replace the others. However I am sure many will whine about them.

It seems to be a tougher schedule than last year. But to me it will be the way it is laid out. As I am sure we will finish on the road and probably 3 or 4 on the road.
We rarely finish at home. In the last 24 years I think we finished at home 6 times.

10-7 or 11-6 though for now.