Thoughts on 2024 Schedule?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..................to 6-11 :facepalm:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7 holes to fill on both sides of the ball
Most players that left, their replacement is already on the team, with no to little drop off.

That is the way the Cowboys feel about it at all. Overshown, Diggs, Bass, Hoffman, Edoga, S. Williams, Tolbert........

The Cowboys consider them starters. Plus they signed Hendricks and will add more next week.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
7 holes to fill on both sides of the ball, 1 average FA pickup, new DC, but most importantly a 1st place schedule that includes the AFC North.............the Eagles aren't going to gift us with a 1-5 finish like last season.

Like the guy in Platoon said, " I got a bad feeling about this"
"I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. And the enemy is in us".

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance and Zimmers defense are wild cards but at 10.5 wins I'm laying down many large on the under.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Home: New York Giants, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans

Road: New York Giants, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns

IMHO the "Strength" of the Schedule seems irrelevant....

The home portion of the schedule is much tougher than the road opponents . And Dallas plays well above average at home . I can see 11-12 wins and a playoff berth . Hopefully division title and home playoff game or two ,

Reaction score
Looks pretty mediocre , not too hard, not too easy. I doubt there are 12 cream puff wins this year, but still a winning record.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd say it may take a pretty miraculous draft for this team to be involved in the playoffs this year. I'll just be content if I'm entertained, at best. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Home: New York Giants, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans

Road: New York Giants, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns

It’s a challenging schedule.
Just at first glance…
I believe Cowboys split the Divisional games with Philly, NY and Washington;
Will beat Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Pittsburg;
Will lose to SF, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, Houston and Detroit

Challenging schedule for sure and made more difficult given Dallas’ static off-season and failure to address DL, OL, LB, RB and WR, all of which cannot be addressed via the draft. It’s a good thing Jerry and Stephen are “alli in” or else I would be worried <sarcasm>.
Many may think I'm nitpicking --- but the actual "schedule" hasn't been made yet ...the OP just relisted the 2024 opponents the Cowboys will play...and whether the it will be a home or away game for each.
As I previously stated in the thread about the Packers-Eagles game scheduled to be in Brazil...I believe the Dallas road game at Carolina will be the one that will take place in Europe - Munich, Germany.
I looked at the Panthers home game opponents; only two of the teams are marquee attractions - the Chiefs and the Cowboys (some would consider the Bengals as one too - okay).
But since Kansas City played Miami last season in Frankfurt Germany, they will definitely won't be Carolina's International Series opponent in 2024.
Coming off of an abysmal, dreadful 2-15 effort --- and n9w with a new, rookie head coach --- it appears to me the Cowboys are a lock for that overseas game (which the team has been in only one...a decade ago).
JMO

rambo2

Reaction score

It's all irrelevant. We haven't had the draft and we don't know what players are going to be hurt and what players are going to be healthy.

Motorola

Reaction score
It's all irrelevant. We haven't had the draft and we don't know what players are going to be hurt and what players are going to be healthy.
Houston Texans__ from 2020 thru 2022:
4-12, 4-13, 3-13-1...immersed in a malaise that engulfed the franchise on all levels...ownership, GM, HC, franchise QB.
Knuckled down and made some sound decisions; the result __
Got solid FO leadership, a up and coming HC who played for the franchise - thus comes in with a mindset and vision to succeed.

The Cowboys last three regular seasons have shown a solid base that should continue the run into yet a fourth playoff berth...but do those in charge have the fortitude to get the team past the 2021-22-23 plateau?

Last edited:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
3 straight 12-5 seasons and every year most pick doom and gloom. This team will not be that much different than last years.

Most players that left, their replacement is already on the team, with no to little drop off. The draft will (if they hit on the picks) replace the others. However I am sure many will whine about them.

It seems to be a tougher schedule than last year. But to me it will be the way it is laid out. As I am sure we will finish on the road and probably 3 or 4 on the road.
We rarely finish at home. In the last 24 years I think we finished at home 6 times.

10-7 or 11-6 though for now.
Just good enough for the time honored Heimlich maneuver come come playoff time.

Aven8

Reaction score
We might as well get a facility in Santa Clara this year…..good grief I’m tired of going there….

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I see 8 losses, mostly on the road.
which means 9-8 and maybe no playoffs or div title.