Thoughts on Bennett

diekrazy

Reaction score
I wish he could get more balls thrown his way. That pass that got knocked out of his hands was soooo close to being caught.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
diekrazy;2265954 said:
I wish he could get more balls thrown his way. That pass that got knocked out of his hands was soooo close to being caught.
That big kid can run, I almost feel bad for other teams with all this talent on our team, but NOT.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
diekrazy;2265954 said:
Yeah, there aren't too many players who could have held on to that one. The helmet hit right on the ball.

This kid is going to be very, very good.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This kid is gonna be a weapon if Garrett can figure out how to get him on the field without taking time away from Witten.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2265967 said:
Yeah, there aren't too many players who could have held on to that one. The helmet hit right on the ball.

That looked like it hurt the hands a lot. His helmet hit right on Bennetts hand, he had the ball in his hands and then Dawkins (i think) helmet hit Bennetts hand. Ouch..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i think..no wait................i know this young man is going to be a special player for us.

especially in the red zone.

we have so many weapons on offense there ought to be a law.

we just need to shore up the defense a bit.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2265967 said:

it was a perfect pass by romo followed by perfect timing by dawkins.

what a game last night was.

funkytown

Reaction score
Would have been a nice catch if not for Dawkins. They need to throw this kid some jump balls... 6'6 with amazing leaps....what a weapon.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm on record as a Bennett fan. He's gonna be special I think. At the least he's starting material. His problem is playing behind Witten. Right now they don't trust him quite enough. He'll get more and more plays designed for him. Agree with using him in the redzone but not just exclusively. He needs his hands on the ball but there isn't enough plays to go around.

ddh33

Reaction score
He sure looked good on that TE screen, and he had a couple of good blocks too. I thought all the rookies flashed on Monday.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, weren't we piling on Bennett just a few weeks ago? When'd we all change our minds? And why?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Idgit;2266181 said:
Wait, weren't we piling on Bennett just a few weeks ago? When'd we all change our minds? And why?

This is also the same board that's made a ton of threads calling for Wade's head since yesterday.

No offense-but I'm beginning to wonder if CZ forgets to take their ADHD meds sometimes.:laugh1:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2266186 said:
This is also the same board that's made a ton of threads calling for Wade's head since yesterday.

No offense-but I'm beginning to wonder if CZ forgets to take their ADHD meds sometimes.:laugh1:

You ever watch a soccer game with really young kids playing? Where the ball goes off in some random direction, and the teeming pile of children runs off in that direction, legs flashing and flailing for no well-defined reason? And then suddenly, that ball comes squirting out at a new random trajectory, and the pile all moves and then does the same thing again? Then eventually the whistle blows three times and some kid asks who won?

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Idgit;2266195 said:
You ever watch a soccer game with really young kids playing? Where the ball goes off in some random direction, and the teeming pile of children runs off in that direction, legs flashing and flailing for no well-defined reason? And then suddenly, that ball comes squirting out at a new random trajectory, and the pile all moves and then does the same thing again? Then eventually the whistle blows three times and some kid asks who won?

that play is called cowboyszone

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
He had a great block on the run by Barber, he drove the player to the ground, never stop till they blew the whistle

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Idgit;2266195 said:

That might be the best summary of what goes on around here that I've ever read. :D

T-NMan-41

Reaction score
Martellus Bennet is going to be a force for our offence all you have to do is look at his college stats........ He is sure handed, runs crisp, precise routes and elevates to a vertical level that leaves him in a stratosphere all to his own. Inside the 40 we need to incorperate him into the redzone offence so either he scores, MBIII scores, or Jason Witten. Nuff Said