Thoughts on Bennett

sago1

Reaction score
Gee, does that finally mean we'll let go of the Fasano/Ayodale trade? It's not like either was that good. We all knew Zack would replace Ayodale as our starter & there was even talk of cutting him; plus, #3 TE Tony Curtis was beating out 2006 2nd rounder Fasano for #2 TE job. Zack is doing just fine & Bennett is really coming along & probably wins #2 TE job over Curtis real soon. Also the 4th round pick we got for Fasano/Ayodale is doing pretty good on ST & I believe should get more snaps whenever MBIII gets hurt or needs a rest while we develop Felix into hopefully a player very similar to the Eagles Westbrooke.

BTW: Since Felix scored his first rushing TD against the Browns & his first TD return against the Eagles, wonder when he'll catch his first pass from Romo for a TD. Seems to me that Felix is more then holding his own against the likes of Stewart, Mendenhall, etc. particularly when he's not getting the snaps those guys are.

alancdc

Reaction score
That was an incredible throw on the run by Romo. What I was most impressed with, and it probably got lost because of the importance of the score, but if you have not seen him DOMINATE and take to the ground, some Iggles defensive guy, you have to go back to MB III's go ahead score in the fourth. He sealed that end, and took him to the ground. He has such great leverage he can be a beast. Very encouraging to see a young guy, and one that was dogged by the HBO series, block like that.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2266058 said:
He kind of reminds me of Brandon Jacobs a little...

exactly!

The only negative thing for me to say about him right now is it seems he goes down too easy. You guys remember the one catch and run he had ? He was tackeld by (i think it was) dawkins or the other safety. He had a blocker in front of him. He could have scored if he broke that tackle.

diekrazy

Reaction score
Did you see how he towered over both Romo and even McNabb when they showed them talking after the game?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He may never be the Blocker Fasano was, but he'll be a far better weapon for us especially in the Red Zone. I don't think a LB can match up with him and he's size and speed will challenge any SS.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2266515 said:
He may never be the Blocker Fasano was, but he'll be a far better weapon for us especially in the Red Zone. I don't think a LB can match up with him and he's size and speed will challenge any SS.

The little bit that I've seen, he appears to be a better blocker than Fasano already. I have to say, I've not seen much of him pass-blocking but he destroys people run-blocking.

links18

Reaction score
lane;2266060 said:
i think..no wait................i know this young man is going to be a special player for us.

especially in the red zone.

we have so many weapons on offense there ought to be a law.

we just need to shore up the defense a bit.

Don't say that! I fear the unwritten law of averages that will cause an injury and take one of these weapons away. Of course, I probably shouldn't have said that either.

utrunner07

Reaction score
lane;2266060 said:
we have so many weapons on offense there ought to be a law.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Rodger just might make one if he hears about this!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ozzu;2266212 said:
That might be the best summary of what goes on around here that I've ever read. :D

The only problem with the analogy is that it's cute when the children do it.

:(

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Idgit;2266181 said:
Wait, weren't we piling on Bennett just a few weeks ago? When'd we all change our minds? And why?

Leave me out of your 'all'.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2266356 said:
exactly!

The only negative thing for me to say about him right now is it seems he goes down too easy. You guys remember the one catch and run he had ? He was tackeld by (i think it was) dawkins or the other safety. He had a blocker in front of him. He could have scored if he broke that tackle.

I'm not going to label him as such esp when I've seen him break several tackles on one play in preseason. Not sure that's what you mean but he seems to sheds tacklers very well so far.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2266525 said:
The little bit that I've seen, he appears to be a better blocker than Fasano already. I have to say, I've not seen much of him pass-blocking but he destroys people run-blocking.
:hammer:

That might be my favorite part of his game. There are plenty of WR-style TEs that won't or can't do the dirty work. Not so for Bennett.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Idgit;2266765 said:
The only problem with the analogy is that it's cute when the children do it.

:(
So now that you got your digs in against your fellow posters, why don't you tell us what you think of Bennett. After all, the point of this thread is to give him his props. Do you think he deserves it?

By the way, I enjoyed your analogy. I've seen that with little ones and, your right, it's just cute as heck.

JerryFan

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2266515 said:

Blocking won't be a problem for Bennett. Bennett flat out destroyed the guy lined up on him on Barbers last TD run.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
lane;2266062 said:
it was a perfect pass by romo followed by perfect timing by dawkins.

what a game last night was.

Yeah it really was. Props to Dawkins. Martellus will catch those.
We are getting just a glimpse of what this kid is gonna offer.

ddh33;2266174 said:
He sure looked good on that TE screen, and he had a couple of good blocks too. I thought all the rookies flashed on Monday.

I swear when I was watching him run it looked like I was watching the bionic man(with that bionic running sound lol) and everytime his foot touched the ground I heard "explosions" :laugh2:

Bonecrusher#31;2266191 said:
We need to utilize him more in the redzone...what a weapon he'd be...

Absolutely. Fade it up... or Jump ball.
Its like we are being teased.

Its coming.:D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson;2266832 said:
So now that you got your digs in against your fellow posters, why don't you tell us what you think of Bennett. After all, the point of this thread is to give him his props. Do you think he deserves it?

By the way, I enjoyed your analogy. I've seen that with little ones and, your right, it's just cute as heck.

My opinion on Bennett is on record someplace. It was basically to chill out on the Hard Knocks editing and wait to see if he can develop into a player. He sure seems to have decent hands and gets headed upfield quickly once he has the ball. Haven't seem him in any jump ball situations yet, so there's not much to commment on there other than his obvious size. It's way too early to draw any conclusions, but he sure looks like a developing starter to me.

Re: digs at other posters, how else do you combat kneejerking stupidity when you see it then call it out at the time and then call it out when the knees start jerking in the exact opposite direction? To be abosolutely clear, this site has hands down the best football posters on the net. Lately, it's also attracted posters who don't meet that standard and who don't appear to care to try to. If the community won't police itself, the quality of the site degrades, don't you think?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Idgit;2266181 said:
Wait, weren't we piling on Bennett just a few weeks ago? When'd we all change our minds? And why?

Not everyone; some of us just said wait and let it play it self out and some of us did not over react about his draft spot either

Also remember last week Jenkins was going to be in active for the game according to some poster and he was a bust :lmao2:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Idgit;2266896 said:
My opinion on Bennett is on record someplace. It was basically to chill out on the Hard Knocks editing and wait to see if he can develop into a player. He sure seems to have decent hands and gets headed upfield quickly once he has the ball. Haven't seem him in any jump ball situations yet, so there's not much to commment on there other than his obvious size. It's way too early to draw any conclusions, but he sure looks like a developing starter to me.

It is early, but he has shown good stuff so far, especially run blocking. I don't even remember Witten blocking that well his 1st year in the league. But like you say, it's early and it will take time to see how good (or not) he can really be.
[bRe: digs at other posters, how else do you combat kneejerking stupidity when you see it then call it out at the time and then call it out when the knees start jerking in the exact opposite direction? To be abosolutely clear, this site has hands down the best football posters on the net. Lately, it's also attracted posters who don't meet that standard and who don't appear to care to try to. If the community won't police itself, the quality of the site degrades, don't you think?

I actually agree with you about the kneejerk reports, But I can't answer your question of how to stop it. I don't think you can stop it because it's human nature.