Thoughts on Bland?

kskboys

Reaction score
Joseph started slowly last night but played better overall than Bland did IMO. Both were better than Wright.
I do not believe Wright has the physical skillset to play CB at an NFL level. Of course, I never did. He was considered a major reach at the time, and we're definitely seeing why.

kskboys

Reaction score
yes he starts. We also let Chavarius ward go via trade a few years or so back and he starts for KC I think. We did some dumb things when Jg was here.
One of JG's major flaws was his extreme inability to see what a player would become. That's why we grossly overdrafted Escobar.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"He's a bubble cut guy who should start next year."
yeah. If you think hes getting cut your wrong. He technically is considered a bubble player. But has shown enough to stick and learn on the job, an upgrade over Wright easily. He will likely get his feet wet on special teams and dime. By next year he might start. There is 0 wrong with me taking that stance as that is very common. I will excuse your snarky overtones sir.
tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah. If you think hes getting cut your wrong. He technically is considered a bubble player. But has shown enough to stick and learn on the job, an upgrade over Wright easily. He will likely get his feet wet on special teams and dime. By next year he might start. There is 0 wrong with me taking that stance as that is very common. I will excuse your snarky overtones sir.
tenor.gif
Yeah, but it was funny, Rayray, you gotta admit!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Could he be a safety? Or is he just a guy that possesses some traits but not good enough at any spot?
That's what I'm seeing, your last thought. I think he lacks quick twitch movements. He's just too skinny to hold up as a S.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bland is the back up nickel cornerback. Kelvin and Wright are the backup outside cornerbacks. Nickel cornerback is hard to play and Bland will get beat from time to time. He just needs to tackle well and interception mistakes forced by the pass rush. All three will make this roster. I would like the Cowboys to move on from CJ Goodwin. We have some young players that could develop into good players if we give them a chance.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That's what I'm seeing, your last thought. I think he lacks quick twitch movements. He's just too skinny to hold up as a S.

Yeah, feels like a tweener guy that just doesn't have a spot.

starfan1

Reaction score
EXACTLY. I was a db in HS. My secondary coach said I better learn to have a short memory (right after I was beat on a 70 yard td) because I have to go back out there the next drive. He told all of us db's we better have amnesia. Later in the game I had an interception that won us the game. Like u said, db's gonna get beat. NOBODY is perfect at DB. Even Deion Sanders was beat now and again. Its the nature of the beast.
Don’t encourage Risen he becomes uncontrollable lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I fully admit I fell asleep early. I saw the TD drive and 2 point conversion and that was it but how did Bland play?

I saw him get beat early but didn’t see much else after

I saw enough of Wright to know I’m not sure I want him on roster. CB to me is more of a position of concern than I felt coming into camp

Diggs is the best but certainly not Deion , Joseph may not even make roster .
Not sure what we got... sounds like we have a lot of "maybes" at CB?