Thoughts on Bland?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yeah. If you think hes getting cut your wrong. He technically is considered a bubble player. But has shown enough to stick and learn on the job, an upgrade over Wright easily. He will likely get his feet wet on special teams and dime. By next year he might start. There is 0 wrong with me taking that stance as that is very common. I will excuse your snarky overtones sir.
tenor.gif
What is "technically a bubble player "?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or additional safety?
I dont think know if we keep an additional S. Based on what we had on the roster last season, we should be even roster spot wise with Kazee leaving and Bell coming in. An extra would be Coyle and I dont know if he is a real candidate for the final roster

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You missed the word "talented".

That doesn't mean he'll ever utilize that talent, but there is quite often a monster of a difference between talent level and play on the field. Jo is more talented than Diggs, and it's not close. Diggs is the better player, and that's not close.
How exactly is Joseph more talented? Both were about the same tier of CB prospects when they came out. Joseph went in the second because of character issues. Diggs went in the second because teams overthought his "scheme fit". Joseph isnt any more talented than Kristian Fulton, who got drafted after Diggs

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Imagine not being able to discern the difference between talent(potential) and play. Only casual Cowboys fans, man.
What is the talent Joseph has? He fast. AND? Terrible change of direction fir a corner, not a high jumper. What talent?

kskboys

Reaction score
How exactly is Joseph more talented? Both were about the same tier of CB prospects when they came out. Joseph went in the second because of character issues. Diggs went in the second because teams overthought his "scheme fit". Joseph isnt any more talented than Kristian Fulton, who got drafted after Diggs
Way more talented. Speed, lateral agility, quickness, feet. It's really not close.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Way more talented. Speed, lateral agility, quickness, feet. It's really not close.
So you are saying he is way more talent because he is better at something smaller CB's usually are? What about things like play recognition, press ability, ball skills, explosive athletism (vertical, board)

By your criteria, any 5'10/5'11 CB is going to be more talented than a 6'1/6'2 CB

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
hes a bubble cut guy. But I think he will get stashed, and we hang onto him. He didnt have a great game but wasnt bad either. I think he will be a starter in 2023. This year will be where he gets used in dime/nickel.
Think he’s safely on 53

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I see I'm not the only in here that sees you're full of it. Then you double down with really not close. Smh. He has all those traits over Richard Sherman. He's more talented than Sherman was too right? :facepalm: