Thoughts on Bradlee Anae

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could one gain or improve speed/quick twitch muscles with a pro NFL strength and training program???
Very little. The traits you are born w/ can be improved on, yes, but not changed.

NFL players have said they got faster after training at the Michael Johnson performance center (Michael Johnson the 4x Olympic Gold metal winner).

Anae already has a super quick "1st step" which is really more like 1st several steps.

He could definitely improve his forty time with the Michael Johnson type training but I don't know if he could really improve on his already elite "1st step".

CCBoy

Reaction score
NFL players have said they got faster after training at the Michael Johnson performance center (Michael Johnson the 4x Olympic Gold metal winner).

Anae already has a super quick "1st step" which is really more like 1st several steps.

He could definitely improve his forty time with the Michael Johnson type training but I don't know if he could really improve on his already elite "1st step".

His stride has to be much stronger, lower based, and adaptable to change in direction...lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched the senior bowl last night on the NFL channel. Anae had a monster game. He wasn't facing quality OTs but he was all over Jalen Hurts when he was on the field. Anae is relentless.

On the other hand, Terence Steele, the OT from Texas Tech the Cowboys signed as an UDFA did not look very good at all. Anae abused him as did several other DEs.

I was a little disappointed in the game Reggie Robinson played. He looked like a CB who likes to avoid contact, but it could be because it was an all star game rather than anything meaningful.

For what its worth, Terrell Burgess looked really good. He went to the Eagles. Burgess was always near the football in the game.

For people that have not watched it:
Anae is #58 for the North (White Jerseys).

Go to 45:15 in the video where Anae gets a sack. Watch all of the plays in that series because the announcers start talking about him.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I just watched the senior bowl last night on the NFL channel. Anae had a monster game. He wasn't facing quality OTs but he was all over Jalen Hurts when he was on the field. Anae is relentless.

On the other hand, Terence Steele, the OT from Texas Tech the Cowboys signed as an UDFA did not look very good at all. Anae abused him as did several other DEs.

I was a little disappointed in the game Reggie Robinson played. He looked like a CB who likes to avoid contact, but it could be because it was an all star game rather than anything meaningful.

For what its worth, Terrell Burgess looked really good. He went to the Eagles. Burgess was always near the football in the game.
Yeah Anae was beating up on Steele and another UDFA out of Oregon. Surprised Hurts made it out of that game alive because Uche was killing the other Tackle opposite Anae at the same time. That's exactly what you'd hope to see out of Anae against weaker competition though.

Robinson did have a FF in the game, but from a few Tulsa games I've seen he does look pretty disinterested at times in trying to disengage from a WR once he gets blocked.

Burgess went to the Rams, but Philly did pick up K'Von Wallace who I wanted in the 4th.

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Reggie Robinson had a big hit for a forced fumble with textbook tackling technique.

I saw 1 negative play by Robinson.

There was flee-flicker play where I couldn't really determine assignments.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The kid has the size, hands & strength to play standing or with a hand down, but may have a better chance of becoming a starter as a rush linebacker in a 3-4.

Which is exactly why I drafted him in the poorly named McShay Invitational for the Ravens.

And when I did not a peep from the other GMs. Now everyone loves him. Weird.

mathew1184

Reaction score
I have a friendly rivalry up here in Idaho with a Utes fan. I've seen Anea a ton, hated that team and glad hes on our side now.

Hes a great pressure player with a fantastic first step and acceleration, but I think he can get stronger, without losing anything.

Is he Reggie White strong? not close
Does he have bend like DeMarcus Ware? No way...but neither did Suggs years ago out of ASU.

I I like what I've seen from Annea and believe he will flourish in the NFL.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm no scout by any means but I think Anae is going to have problems with the better athletes he faces in the NFL. If he's going to make any noise at all, it'll be with his technique, technique, technique. Even then I think he'll struggle with guys that have seen it all before. It seems every year there's some high on a D-Lineman and then not much afterwards. There was that guy that had 20+ sacks at a small school, Armstrong was getting a lot praise, Daniel Wise. It'd be great if he progresses so we can call him the Anae-hilator but we'll see.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Mickey or another of his group of 3 were saying that he ran a 4.79 at the Ohio pro Day that Anae had after combine. so, a bit better.....for those super concerned about 40 times. Compare guys like this to guys like Taco that have all the athletic ability and measurables that look great on paper, but then don't have the hustle, workout discipline, or mental strength/focus/smarts/attitude/love-of-game - whatever - you need some guys like Anae.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Which is exactly why I drafted him in the poorly named McShay Invitational for the Ravens.

And when I did not a peep from the other GMs. Now everyone loves him. Weird.
You took him in the 3rd. I don’t love him there.
In the 5th I’m doing backflips.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Charles Haley ran a 4.8 at the combine.
Reggie White ran 5.28.
Michael Strayhan ran a 4.94.

Personally, I don’t care for speed rushers. For all DWare’s great sacks and strips, I hated watching him sprint around the OT almost every play, running behind the QB when he didn’t beat the T.....his sacks were awesome, but he seldom stopped his rush to be in the QBs face and hinder the pass, squeeze the windows, and bat down passes. It was a sprint to or behind the QB on most plays.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have no idea how his career will pan out but guys with that kind of Technique and hustle rarely flame out even if they are backups.