Thoughts On Parsons Being Out For Entire Series?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally, I am not a fan of leaving your best defensive player on the sidelines for an entire series. I'm fine with giving him a couple plays off here and there, but an entire series?

Washington had 1 legit scoring drive Sunday night and it happened to be when Parsons sat for the entire drive.

What are your thoughts on this? I'm hoping that this isn't something we do in the playoffs.

You hope they don't do this is the playoffs? lol he has played over 80% of the snaps on the season, why would they sit him in post season? Dallas was up 21-0 before they scored, this is a Washington team who seldom score 21 points a game. Coaches believe or not actually have a clue as to what is going on, they saw a chance to give him rest in this game and thankfully Cowboys scored enough that by mid 3rd qrt most starters were out of the lineup.

To make the statement of I hope they do not do that in the playoffs? really? lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You hope they don't do this is the playoffs? lol he has played over 80% of the snaps on the season, why would they sit him in post season? Dallas was up 21-0 before they scored, this is a Washington team who seldom score 21 points a game. Coaches believe or not actually have a clue as to what is going on, they saw a chance to give him rest in this game and thankfully Cowboys scored enough that by mid 3rd qrt most starters were out of the lineup.

To make the statement of I hope they do not do that in the playoffs? really? lol
Imagine still feeling like this organization is not capable of making stupid decisions after watching the last quarter of a century of Cowboys football.....

Cowboys or the field? Your account on the line. Who you taking?

Reaction score
Personally, I am not a fan of leaving your best defensive player on the sidelines for an entire series. I'm fine with giving him a couple plays off here and there, but an entire series?

Washington had 1 legit scoring drive Sunday night and it happened to be when Parsons sat for the entire drive.

What are your thoughts on this? I'm hoping that this isn't something we do in the playoffs.

There's also a benefit in getting reps for the second and third stringers in case the Wuhan virus strikes your starters... not to mention developing players for when free agency takes a bite out of this team.

The playoffs are different though, it would suck to have a game changing play happen while you were resting somebody!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Imagine still feeling like this organization is not capable of making stupid decisions after watching the last quarter of a century of Cowboys football.....

Cowboys or the field? Your account on the line. Who you taking?

You make a dumb comment about I hope they do not do that in post season? Coaches have had him out on the field for over 80% of the snaps through out the season and now all of a sudden they take him out of a blowout game and yes being up 21 to 0 vs WFT who can't score on a good day was pretty much game over, even after they score they could not muster up nothing through out the game, they had no run, no pass. Nothing stupid about giving a guy a series off considering the amount of snaps he has taken.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Here’s the only thought anyone needs, but it won’t be good enough for all the Monday morning QBs here:

I trust the coaching staff, especially in a game like we had against the Skins, to make the right decisions re: managing a player’s snaps. I/you/others have no idea why he may have been held out for a series, but it had no impact on winning or losing and that’s all that matters.

I know this: NFL seasons are long and brutal. Sure, these guys are getting paid to do a job, but playing a position like #11 (especially for the crowd that thinks he should rush every play), getting snaps off keeps him more fresh and faster without impacting his ‘game flow’ or whatever else you want to call it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

You care about stats or this team excelling?

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
If the cowboys are up 3 TDs I don't care if he sits a series. It gets the younger guys some reps and gives Parsons rest. Now if it is a close competitive game, he better not be sitting a whole series.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You make a dumb comment about I hope they do not do that in post season? Coaches have had him out on the field for over 80% of the snaps through out the season and now all of a sudden they take him out of a blowout game and yes being up 21 to 0 vs WFT who can't score on a good day was pretty much game over, even after they score they could not muster up nothing through out the game, they had no run, no pass. Nothing stupid about giving a guy a series off considering the amount of snaps he has taken.
Cowboys or the field with your account on the line? Who would ya take?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys or the field with your account on the line? Who would ya take?

? in terms of playing Parson in post season? This is laughable, come on Coaches have played Parsons thought out the season and you make a big deal because the took him out a series what was at the time 21-0 lead? Somehow they will now do this in post season? Give me a break or at least use your brain. I think Quinn has a clue to what is going on.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Who said anything about stats?

Allowing a TD drive because your best player is off the field leads to the team not excelling.

When the score is 21-0 and 56-7 when it happens, yea it is

No reason to have him out there running around 100 mph when the game is out of control

If the score was 10-0 right before the half, sure, I’ll be mad too. But given the context, I don’t care

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have no issue with him being out at the time. This game is all about health and availability. We need him later, not when the game is out of hand.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
? in terms of playing Parson in post season? This is laughable, come on Coaches have played Parsons thought out the season and you make a big deal because the took him out a series what was at the time 21-0 lead? Somehow they will now do this in post season? Give me a break or at least use your brain. I think Quinn has a clue to what is going on.
You won't answer the question because you can't bring yourself to publicly admit that you don't really believe in the Cowboys. You just fake it and belittle everyone else that isn't afraid to question decisions made by the team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When the score is 21-0 and 56-7 when it happens, yea it is

No reason to have him out there running around 100 mph when the game is out of control

If the score was 10-0 right before the half, sure, I’ll be mad too. But given the context, I don’t care
Nobody had no idea the score was going to be 56-7 at any point.

It's easy to say that now.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Nobody had no idea the score was going to be 56-7 at any point.

It's easy to say that now.

You ignored me pointing out the first instance was 21-0. We knew the score was 21-0…because it was 21-0. And was it right after the pick 6.

If so, makes sense to give him a rest then

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

Thoughts??? Mine are that he is actually a human being that goes 100% all the time and that will lead him to needing time. Maybe if he played at just 90% he can never come off the field.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
If we're not on the sideline, we won't know. Hell, he may have been tired. Simple as that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You won't answer the question because you can't bring yourself to publicly admit that you don't really believe in the Cowboys. You just fake it and belittle everyone else that isn't afraid to question decisions made by the team.

Cowboys or the field with your account on the line? Who would ya take? what are you talking about?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They have him doing so much they feel he needs a rest to keep him fresh. We were in total control of the game so they felt they could rest him a series. Had the game been tight they may have left him out there.