Thoughts on Tolbert from last year to this year

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What a turn around, no i'm not saying he's the next best thing. This is the same guy that was drafted at a decent spot in the draft, in which you expected him to be ready to go. Last year we all remember the mistake he made in lining up offsides. Going to this year, he's made vast improvements, and I think his ceiling is looking really good right now. Please give your thoughts on Tolbert!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
22-268-2 isn't very impressive for a 3rd rounder now in his 2nd year. I get he will only see so many targets. But he has shown improvement and really looks the part. He should continue to get better and next year be ready to make a much bigger contribution.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
What a turn around, no i'm not saying he's the next best thing. This is the same guy that was drafted at a decent spot in the draft, in which you expected him to be ready to go. Last year we all remember the mistake he made in lining up offsides. Going to this year, he's made vast improvements, and I think his ceiling is looking really good right now. Please give your thoughts on Tolbert!
He’ll replace Gallup as the 3rd WR next season. Also, expect more input from other positions like more involvement from tight ends other than Ferguson, and getting Turpin even more involved. There is no way the Cowboys keep Gallup at his current price, and the emergence of Tolbert allows them to move on without missing Gallup.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I thought he was going to bust but was wrong..he seems good at getting open.
Why would you think that after 1 year? Lol he came from a small school. Goodness. But he can be a good 3rd wr........upside is a low tier 2.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not sure we have enough info on him yet to make a call on him but he went from being mostly inactive to making 22 catches so that's progress. I will say he's made a few very timely catches to get a first down so its good to see that.

He's likely atleast the 4th receiver next year, but need to see more if he'll move up the depth chart from there. I presume he'll be in the mix for WR3 with a rookie or veteran type guy.

links18

Reaction score
He's a 3rd rounder-there should be more production by now, but I guess he has Gallup in front of him still.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Progress but I would not count on him. Was very poor in one game he had a lot of opportunities this year

stilltheguru

Reaction score
That's a red herring. If your school is too small to prepare him for the NFL, what is the team doing drafting him in the 3rd?
Projection. Taking a risk on a small school guy with talent. Next year is the time frame where he should be where gallup and Williams were and based on what I see he will be. But even then you have to take into account gallup and Williams were the number 2. None of the receivers mentioned would be ahead of brandin cooks.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Did well. They force fed Gallup because of his contract, so next year should be Tolbert's make or break year.

starfan1

Reaction score
I want to see what training camp brings. But Gallup served his role and thank him Tolbert will be the 3 unless brooks shows out

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
I think the most likely scenario next year is that Gallup gets June’d, leaving Tolbert, Turpin, and Brooks to compete with a fairly high draft pick for WR3.

Unless Jerry dumps Mike for DQ, in which we’ll draft a bunch of linebackers and try to hold opponents to under 20 points a game. Let’s hope Jordan Love isn’t ready for prime time, lol.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Tolbert still has the Playoffs to make a jump in confidence and production, so hopefully he makes some plays. I'm not impressed by his output this season as I believe Brooks could've put up those numbers.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
His arrow is pointing upward. Talented wr that is trying to get it. He could have pouted and took another approach but he didn't. Good on this young man for his tenacity and willingness to be patient and learn the pro game better.