Twitter: Thoughts on Trevon Diggs from around the league

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He is a game-wrecker. His production so far is the most impressive individual defensive performance this franchise has seen in a very, very long time

To me— the only other that comes close is Ware’s 20 sack season— but this run he is on is historically impressive.

Amazing streak to watch. He is flat out gonna break the bank when it’s time to get paid lol…. His agent is practicing his “show me the money!!” speech already

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t think we’ll ever see a run like this again......can’t be a fluke this many games in a row. Haven’t had a ball hawk like this since Prime.

I think it's somewhat like a baseball player when they get on a hitting streak. I've heard some in the past say the ball slows down for them and just looks bigger. They are just seeing it clearly. I think Diggs is seeing everything clearly, from the routes to the quarterback's reactions to the throw.

shabazz

Reaction score
No
I think it's somewhat like a baseball player when they get on a hitting streak. I've heard some in the past say the ball slows down for them and just looks bigger. They are just seeing it clearly. I think Diggs is seeing everything clearly, from the routes to the quarterback's reactions to the throw.

Oh no doubt...and the hope is that it inspires the rest of these cats to be opportunistic.

The defensive line is still the Achilles heel of the defense and giving up too many yards

Rome wasn't built in a day

SackMaster

Reaction score
You remember early last year where he had like 3-4 balls he got his hands on but he just couldn't hold on to complete the interception?

He hasn't had that problem this year.
:grin:

Mr_437

Reaction score
His pick yesterday was just filthy dude was open when the ball was thrown then he just outran the receiver to the spot. Almost looked like he baited that throw
Amazing play. When a QB throws at Diggs it's 50/50..so far QBs just can't resist going at #7, and they've all paid for it.

S/O to Al Harris

RonnieT24

Reaction score
His pick yesterday was just filthy dude was open when the ball was thrown then he just outran the receiver to the spot. Almost looked like he baited that throw

That's because he did.. As a CB you get a sense for which receivers can outrun you and which ones can't. It was clear to me that Diggs knew Board could not outrun him so he trailed him by a couple of steps to give the QB the notion to try him. He was never worried that Board was going to catch that ball because with is speed advantage it was either going to be an INT or a PBU. It was beautiful to watch..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thing I love about Diggs is he thinks the ball in the air belongs to him. He jumped a rout earlier in the game barely missing it and then he goes up high on the sideline on a throw away pass and makes the catch just could not come down in bounds. Diggs is not just defending he wants the ball. Love it

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He was a WR his whole life until college. It’s no wonder he has the rare traits of a ballhawk.

He went up against Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Waddle, and Devontae Smith in practice all the time. Now he’s going up against Coop, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson. You have to think that constant competition, plus familiarity with the WR position has helped him tremendously.

Creeper

Reaction score
I can not believe how many times the Giants threw at Diggs even though he almost picked a couple off earlier. On the other hand, it is clear he covers the best WR on the other team and that is usually the guy the QB wants to throw to. If Diggs were to cover Green Bay's Davonte Adams, I am pretty sure Aaron Rodgers would still try to throw the ball to Adams.