Twitter: Thoughts on Trevon Diggs from around the league

DFWJC

Reaction score
He is a game-wrecker. His production so far is the most impressive individual defensive performance this franchise has seen in a very, very long time

To me— the only other that comes close is Ware’s 20 sack season— but this run he is on is historically impressive.

Amazing streak to watch. He is flat out gonna break the bank when it’s time to get paid lol…. His agent is practicing his “show me the money!!” speech already
I hear here all the time that CBs aren't all that important.
:omg:

Reactions: BAT

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
For the most part, defense comes down to whether or not they score. Trevon gives up yards - He's baiting you to throw it. And you might get away with a pass or 2 or 3, sort of loll you into feeling good about your decision to go at him again, and then BANG. Intercepted.

Alweezy

Reaction score
When do we start seeing copycats or evolution of this skillset, around the league? How much longer can DB's not have hands of a WR? Diggs is on quite the run, but it has made me pause to wonder why is this not the expectation in the first place.

DB's been dropping balls right in their hands for years..

jnday

Reaction score
I think it's somewhat like a baseball player when they get on a hitting streak. I've heard some in the past say the ball slows down for them and just looks bigger. They are just seeing it clearly. I think Diggs is seeing everything clearly, from the routes to the quarterback's reactions to the throw.
Agree with you. You gotta respect the streak. I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but he keeps it going every week. I don’t remember Diggs being the interception machine that he is in college. I remember Everson Walls bursting on the scene in much of the same way. Nobody expected it, including Walls, but it was great to see. Diggs is giving this defense something that we have not seen since Deion.

Batman1980

Reaction score
His pick yesterday was just filthy dude was open when the ball was thrown then he just outran the receiver to the spot. Almost looked like he baited that throw

He did. He intentionally gave enough distance to bait the throw and then ran under it.

jnday

Reaction score
When do we start seeing copycats or evolution of this skillset, around the league? How much longer can DB's not have hands of a WR? Diggs is on quite the run, but it has made me pause to wonder why is this not the expectation in the first place.

It seems like every DB that the Cowboys drafted ,or signed as a free agent, had worse hands than most offensive linemen. For whatever reason, they could not catch the ball if it hit them hands. It is exciting to know that there is a possibility of getting a turnover. It has been 25 years since I have had this feeling when watching a game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agree with you. You gotta respect the streak. I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but he keeps it going every week. I don’t remember Diggs being the interception machine that he is in college. I remember Everson Walls bursting on the scene in much of the same way. Nobody expected it, including Walls, but it was great to see. Diggs is giving this defense something that we have not seen since Deion.

Yep. He is in the zone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Because most DBs were also receivers who couldn't cut it on that side of the ball, primarily because of drops. Hands do not seem to be Diggs' problem as a receiver.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I can not believe how many times the Giants threw at Diggs even though he almost picked a couple off earlier. On the other hand, it is clear he covers the best WR on the other team and that is usually the guy the QB wants to throw to. If Diggs were to cover Green Bay's Davonte Adams, I am pretty sure Aaron Rodgers would still try to throw the ball to Adams.
I would love to see that matchup

J_Allen

Reaction score
He is a game-wrecker. His production so far is the most impressive individual defensive performance this franchise has seen in a very, very long time

To me— the only other that comes close is Ware’s 20 sack season— but this run he is on is historically impressive.

Amazing streak to watch. He is flat out gonna break the bank when it’s time to get paid lol…. His agent is practicing his “show me the money!!” speech already

He affects games a lot much more than Ware ever did. Give me game changing plays over 20 sacks any day because I can tell you most weren't on third down. I saw the games. And we can point to the playoff wins also. Ware was a stats machine and not much else.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I’ve watched this replay about a dozen times. I haven’t seen an interception so beautiful since Deion. The extension of the arms, the catch up speed, muy perfecto!

I know the exact one you're talking about, against the Raiders. It also gave me flashbacks when I saw it live.