Twitter: Thoughts on Trevon Diggs from around the league

Thomas82

Reaction score
He was a WR his whole life until college. It’s no wonder he has the rare traits of a ballhawk.

He went up against Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Waddle, and Devontae Smith in practice all the time. Now he’s going up against Coop, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson. You have to think that constant competition, plus familiarity with the WR position has helped him tremendously.

Excellent points!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Let's not be surprised, nor disappointed if many NFL QBs avoid throwing in Diggs' direction. He, now, represents trouble, in the form of picks. That's poison to any production-oriented QB. Sooner or later, they'll have to throw to a WR, TE or RB that ventures into his area. It will likely work to their disadvantage whenever that occurs. At some point, the other DBs will see more traffic venturing into their area. It's bound to happen real soon! ;)

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think we’ll ever see a run like this again......can’t be a fluke this many games in a row. Haven’t had a ball hawk like this since Prime.
I think that’s the reason. They don’t think he’s for real yet.

mperfection

Reaction score
Agree with you. You gotta respect the streak. I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but he keeps it going every week. I don’t remember Diggs being the interception machine that he is in college. I remember Everson Walls bursting on the scene in much of the same way. Nobody expected it, including Walls, but it was great to see. Diggs is giving this defense something that we have not seen since Deion.
Not making ANY comparisons between Diggs and Deion, but Deion NEVER had 6 picks in a single season while playing for the Cowboys. Just sayin’…

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be shocked if the INTs dry up b/c teams stop throwing to his side of the field. I think his reputation is catching up to his play on the field.

cffl2323

Reaction score
The interception that he dropped was just as impressive as the one he made. It looked like he was in fast-forward while everyone was else was living in the real world. He may not have 4.2 speed, but his acceleration is amazing. Him and Toney were the two most impressive players on the field this last Sunday.

SackMaster

Reaction score
His pick yesterday was just filthy dude was open when the ball was thrown then he just outran the receiver to the spot. Almost looked like he baited that throw
It was the same thing in his first "almost pick".

In both instances, the guy he was covering WAS open, but once he saw the QB start to throw it, he closed the gap so freaking fast and beat the receiver to the spot.

He is using the QB's instinct of what is open in the NFL against them. The only other player I can remember doing that this often was Deion. Not saying Diggs is Deion, but his play is Deion-like.