CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about the Bills!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We're really overstating the Bills' individual talent here.

They can present challenges simply by being creative in their coverages (i.e. Houston last year) but their offense is entirely based on Josh Allen running around and making plays. They don't have another difference-maker on the field on offense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Think their front is actually better then the Eagles, also have a better DC.
They have better names but don’t have the Eagles depth. They lost to Denver at home, Patriots and Jets on the road. That is inexcusable the Cowboys should win the game. Something stinks with Buffalo.

Reaction score
Kind of like Seattle two weeks ago, the Cowboys will be facing a desperate team as they are fighting to get into the playoffs. Huge game for the Cowboys if they want to stay in the divisional race, Bills are a common opponent that the Eagles already beat.

Offense

-Bills rank within the top 5 in sacks and are 1 of the best defenses in creating turnovers. With all the interceptions we have gotten this yr, Bills are just 1 behind.
-Must contain Ed Oliver has he can potentially wreck the game. DL also is excellent in tipped passes.
-Bills have been hit hard with injuries on their defense, especially the loss of Miliano and White. Teams have had success on the ground against them.
-Scheme forces teams to throw underneath to the backs and TE's. Must sustain long drives and don't have self induced, drive killing penalties.

Defense

-Josh Allen might be the best dual threat QB in the league, Cowboys have to use the same strategy as last week, keep him inside the pocket. He has a tendency to trust his strong arm too much and make tight throw passes that lead to many tipped passes and interceptions. He is in the top 5 in TD's and interceptions.
-Recently changes their OC, where they use more of a short passing game to the backs and TE's.
-Offense is absolutely loaded everywhere with talent, 1 elite WR, two real good receiving TE's and a dual threat runner. However, they have been inconsistent.
-Bills OL is probably their biggest weakness on that side of the football. Believe there should be opportunities to generate pressure, but have to get Allen down.

Special Teams

-Their kicker seems a little inconsistent from the games I have watched.
We'll see how the officiating goes,,,, there's home cooking and the fact that the Bills are currently a marquee team with a marquee QB, the NFL likely wants them in the playoffs and they have to win out. Cowboys are almost a lock for the 5 seed and can absorb a loss.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Allen's mobility scares me the most, not only extending plays, but running to move the sticks.
exactly. I am not for having a team built around a QB like Jackson or Hurts being a key part of the running game, but Allen's mobility used in critical moments or how he can extend a play is all you need in potentially close games.

I hope he continues his trend of throwing bad passes and interceptions. we need a couple of those this week.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Not too worried when the Cowboys have the ball. I haven't heard it discussed a lot but the decline of the Bills defense seems to go hand-in-hand with the loss of first team all-pro linebacker, Matt Milano.

Don't like the match-up against Allen's legs. Hurts looks like he's running in mud compared to Allen and at times the Cowboys rush is too hell bent in getting up field instead of compressing the pocket. Losing contain when playing man-to-man could lead to a couple long Allen runs. I can envision a lack of discipline coming down the stretch of this game.

I just hope we have the ball last.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I'm in my FFL playoffs I am starting Dak and the Dallas D. That's what I think of the Bills.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
exactly. I am not for having a team built around a QB like Jackson or Hurts being a key part of the running game, but Allen's mobility used in critical moments or how he can extend a play is all you need in potentially close games.

I hope he continues his trend of throwing bad passes and interceptions. we need a couple of those this week.
Both defenses are good at creating turnovers. QB who plays the most clean, could be the deciding factor.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We'll see how the officiating goes,,,, there's home cooking and the fact that the Bills are currently a marquee team with a marquee QB, the NFL likely wants them in the playoffs and they have to win out. Cowboys are almost a lock for the 5 seed and can absorb a loss.
I don't think there is an agenda by the NFL. Sure, you will see bad calls, but they aren't the NBA.

Mark

Reaction score
I have no reason to believe the Cowboys offense is going to suddenly start sputtering against the Bills 14th-ranked defense. Question is whether the DAL defense can pull another rabbit out of the hat like they did against the Eagles. Take care of the ball, and punch 'em in the mouth early, just like last week. That may take significantly more resolve in a hostile environment than it does at AT&T, but they can do it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They have better names but don’t have the Eagles depth. They lost to Denver at home, Patriots and Jets on the road. That is inexcusable the Cowboys should win the game. Something stinks with Buffalo.
They have been playing much better after the fired their OC.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have no reason to believe the Cowboys offense is going to suddenly start sputtering against the Bills 14th-ranked defense. Question is whether the DAL defense can pull another rabbit out of the hat like they did against the Eagles. Take care of the ball, and punch 'em in the mouth early, just like last week. That may take significantly more resolve in a hostile environment than it does at AT&T, but they can do it.
We will find out if this is a different Cowboy team. Heading into a hostile environment, maybe bad weather against a legitimate opponent who needs the win.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
bills seem to come out really strong then kinda falter later on.
Hope DQ has the defense ready, cause the eagles were moving the ball at will against us, but we forced three turnovers in the redzone to stop them. May be a conservative gameplan on offense so defense needs to make sure we dont fall into a hole early.

We have to pump the breaks on the Cowboys until we play out these next two weeks. The Bills are very beatable. Put pressure on Allen and he's a turnover machine. Lost to the Jets and should have lost to the Giants. Two teams the Cowboys flushed down the toilet.

If the Dolphins were playing in Dallas, end game. But we're playing away on a grass field. That worries me. But by no means do I think the Cowboys can't beat that team. These next two weeks will tell us a lot about the Cowboys.
ive watched the dolphins all year cause theyre my 2nd favorite team, they dont look as scary as we think, however that doesnt mean theyre bad or anything. They have a very, very good rushing attack that i dont think we can counter good between mostert and achane. Their dline is very good too. But Tua at times just looks extremely terrible that i think we can capitalize on with our dline. They played well against the eagles but got absolutely blasted by the worst officiated game ive ever seen, but against any other non bottom feeder team theyve done terrible. Their secondary cant tackle good.

Mark

Reaction score
We will find out if this is a different Cowboy team. Heading into a hostile environment, maybe bad weather against a legitimate opponent who needs the win.
Looks like temps in the mid-forties in Orchard Park at game-time on Sunday. Which is like Spring in this part of the world (your handle suggests you're from NY State as well?).

I think there is a clear talent-gap between the teams. But DAL (as always) does have a bit of something to prove in terms of winning a big game on the road...something they will likely need to grow accustomed to as the playoffs approach.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ive watched the dolphins all year cause theyre my 2nd favorite team, they dont look as scary as we think, however that doesnt mean theyre bad or anything. They have a very, very good rushing attack that i dont think we can counter good between mostert and achane. Their dline is very good too. But Tua at times just looks extremely terrible that i think we can capitalize on with our dline. They played well against the eagles but got absolutely blasted by the worst officiated game ive ever seen, but against any other non bottom feeder team theyve done terrible. Their secondary cant tackle good.
I agree 100%. I'm just worried that we play like crap on grass and away. That might be just coincidence. I do not fear Tua. I fear Tyreek Hill. Tua has two #1 WRs out there and it might be a problem. We can't do what Washington did. Hill has to have a CB and S over the top at all times.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I agree 100%. I'm just worried that we play like crap on grass and away. That might be just coincidence. I do not fear Tua. I fear Tyreek Hill. Tua has two #1 WRs out there and it might be a problem. We can't do what Washington did. Hill has to have a CB and S over the top at all times.
i think the grass vs turf thing is overblown.
I think both our terrible outings on grass had to do more with us sucking that the field.

We blew the doors off tampa last year on their grass, and our defense played very well vs SF last year, think our offense was just offensive more so than anything.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Looks like temps in the mid-forties in Orchard Park at game-time on Sunday. Which is like Spring in this part of the world (your handle suggests you're from NY State as well?).

I think there is a clear talent-gap between the teams. But DAL (as always) does have a bit of something to prove in terms of winning a big game on the road...something they will likely need to grow accustomed to as the playoffs approach.
I live in NYC, several hours away from Buffalo.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I disagree,

I don't think buffalo's record says who they are I know that's supposed to be the old bill Parcells rule you are what your record says you are there isn't that big a talent gap this is one of the top three teams in the AFC and the top NFL six teams going into this season, they've been relatively unlucky,

I mean you look at the Eagles game having a 59 yard field goal bounce off the goal post into the goal to send it to overtime IN a downpour and some other things.

I don't watch every one of their games but they've had some bad luck with penalties and a untimely turnover they still have plenty of talent our talent is not that big a gap I'd say that we're pretty damn clothes and talent the fact that you're playing on the road which is about an even line with Vegas right now there isn't that big a gap are we playing a lot better than them yes but now we're traveling to their house playing a dangerous team outdoors which is our Achilles heel it's all there isn't that big a gap my man... you're setting this team up for failure everyone saying this so that way after the game they're going to say how bad a loss it was because we should have blown them out or if we only win by one on a late field goal people are going to come on here and say bad negative things about the Cowboys because that's what they always do they set them up...

this is what ESPN does to everyone they go in and tell you how the game should go so that way when it goes the other way they can say Oh my God how did you lose to that team and then now they have a story to talk about all week. Nah, its even to me go win on the road would be impressive not expected!

Flamma

Reaction score
i think the grass vs turf thing is overblown.
I think both our terrible outings on grass had to do more with us sucking that the field.

We blew the doors off tampa last year on their grass, and our defense played very well vs SF last year, think our offense was just offensive more so than anything.
Yeah, I think you're probably right. I honestly don't think Buffalo or Miami are that tough. But it's still hard to win away games against good teams.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Something is going on with Diggs. Not even sure anyone knows but they keep taking him off the field for Sheffield on third and long. Davis had a 0/0 line last week. Cook has become their best weapon.