CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about yesterday's loss to the Cardinals!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Parcells won a Super Bowl because the Bills missed a field goal. Who gives a **** what he said. See Bobby Carpenter.

On a missed field goal.
Just curious...what's your point here? Do you not consider Parcells one of the greatest top 10, maybe even 5 coaches in NFL history? If not where do you rank him?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I said before the game it was a trap game.

But I said that based on how the o-line was staffed, if there were 2 or more starters out they would struggle, and I think that was borne out by the actual game. Regardless of how skilled the backup players are, if they haven't played as a unit at all, which was the case Sunday, doesn't really matter if they are great backups or just meh backups.

So I'm not that concerned about the lack of red zone scoring based on this last game, hard to tell, but I really think if Dallas was only missing one of the o-line starters they'd have done better in the red zone. Play calling didn't help, either.

Of greater concern is giving up well over 200 yards rushing. That has been a problem the past couple of years, and it remains so to this day. Thought we had drafted a great run stuffer in Mazi, where the heck was he this game? I know he's a rookie, but how much practice time does a NT that essentially is there to simply take up blockers need? He was totally ineffective.

It's too early to panic, every team has games like this, and there's time to fix things, but it is troubling...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The Cardinals had a real quarterback.
The Cowboys didn't.
The Cardinals are NOT a weak team. Getting rid of what they had in camp and adding Joshua Dobbs a week before the season started changed their fates. It took a coouple of weeks for him to get used to their offense, but Joshua Dobbs is the real deal.
The Cowboys should take notice.
So you think Josh Dobbs is a better QB than Dak Prescott?

LMAO

Some people should have to apply for permits to use the internet.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
-I would of started Tyler at LT and Edoka at LG. Edoka did really struggle early on, but got better as the game progressed.
-Defense was a total disaster in the 1st half, they couldn't stop the bleeding what so ever. Didn't generate much pressure at all. Teams are going to force the Cowboys to stop the run or this will continue.
-Gilmore is a good #2 corner at this stage, but will struggle to deal with speed.
-Gannon who comes from the Eagles knows the Cowboys well, take away the big passing plays and they are easier to defend. Teams will continue to play the Cowboys this way.
They couldn't play Tyler at LG. It would have put a bigger strain on his hamstring moving all over, that's why they left him at guard.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No it doesn't. A good run game has a ~50% success rate. That means you're putting your team behind the sticks half the time, even if you're good at running the ball.

There's no correlation between run success and play action effectiveness.
Good running game gets you 4 yards a carry.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
It's odd, I believe I saw a stat that the Boys are 1-7 versus the Cards in the last 8 meetings. I knew we had not had a lot of success against them but I did not think it was 1-7. They seem to have our number across multiple coaching staffs on both sides.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The call to go for it on 4th down in 3rd quarter was a head scratcher. We failed to convert and killed our momentum. You could tell the Cards were feeling the pressure and the stop gave them hope. Next possession the connected on a deep pass amd that’s all she wrote.
I know analytics played a part in the decision to go for it but sometimes you need to take the points and keep the pressure on regardless of what the analytics say.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Good running game gets you 4 yards a carry.
Yes, because some of your carries are 6, and some of them are 2.

Dallas averaged 5.6 ypc against Arizona, and had first-down runs of 2, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, -2 at different points of the game. This happens to every good run team, and it's why every team that prioritizes the run game ultimately fails.

leeblair

Reaction score
So you think Josh Dobbs is a better QB than Dak Prescott?

LMAO

Some people should have to apply for permits to use the internet.
I think almost every quarterback is better than Dak. He might be tied with Babe Laughenburg.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hoffman starting could of influenced where Tyler was going to play
I would not think so.
we had no choice but to play Hoffman, and of course he had his expected struggles.

And there's no other center aside from super-reserve practice squader, Sean Harlow.
And that's pure mere have-to-have-a body as emergency center.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just curious...what's your point here? Do you not consider Parcells one of the greatest top 10, maybe even 5 coaches in NFL history? If not where do you rank him?
I don't really rank coaches. I just get tired of the Parcells and Jimmy worship. They are human just like everybody else. I find it funny that McCarthy can get his 2nd Super Bowl win and he will have as many as Parcells, Jimmy, and Landry. He would be the only coach to have Super Bowls with 2 different teams.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I think almost every quarterback is better than Dak. He might be tied with Babe Laughenburg.
Say you wore a dunce hat in school without saying you wore a dunce hat in school.

1ma0ds.jpg

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the lion and his crew fell asleep. They forgot to carry the bus driver. shrugs, you will have days like this.

Xeven

Reaction score
Cardinals had something to prove.
McCarthy called a bad game especially in red zone.
Penalties
Refs

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
-Nice to see Gallup having a strong game.
But if Cooks doesn't start delivering more, we've got a problem. Gotta have at least one WR stretching the field and threatening to beat you over the top or it becomes a very short field.

Defense

- Arizona was running directly at Parsons with great success.
The obviously sensible offensive strategy against us.