Thoughts/Opinions from last night's win against the Raiders!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-Rushing offense looking good, but the Raiders really struggled stopping the run the prior week. However, we were playing our backups against their starters.
-Although it was basically one 1 drive, really liked Flornay. He did have success against their top corner. I do think he will make the final 53 man roster.
-Lance took time to settle down, then we got a chance to see him perform. Still would like to see more then the 5 yard out patterns, but he did improve from last week.
-Interesting to see Beebe/Hoffman split time at Center as many believed Hoffman sealed the job due to Beebe's slow transition to the Center position.
-Really liked how Duece ran the football with authority and elusiveness. There still is so value with having this type of player.
-Don't know what to make of the crowded TE room, nobody to standing out outside of making mistakes.
-Thought both had 1 bad play to start the game, but were excellent the rest of the way Booth/Kneeland. Corner looks real deep this yr. Kneeland is very active, you can see his effort, but also can see he needs work as a pass rusher. Keep in mind, most pass rushers take time to learn technique on the next level.
-Lack of pass rush to still concerning, but Muhammad flashed a few times.
-Audrey is the boss, 66 yard FG that could of been good for over 70. Give Bones Fassel a ton of credit for finding both him and Turpin.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I still we have to stay patient with Kneeland as a pass rusher as the learning curve is steep on the next level. He does look ahead of DLaw at this same stage and DLaw was far more productive as a college pass rusher.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the hustle of the team during the game. Almost every preseason in years past it seemed like the opposition was hustling and energetic and fighting for their proverbial football careers but ours looked pretty much the opposite. Last night our guys looked very engaged and trying to show something to be noticed. Cut downs are coming and they are playing like it matters to them this go around.

75boyz

Reaction score
Absolute night and day improvement in how the oline and d line played in week 2 compared to last week.
Lance was a little more accurate but still needs lots of work. Seems slow to throw on time.

Tackling seemed better.
Our secondary is good at intercepting the ball.
Al Harris is a good coach.

Bout what I got.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
lol winning makes a big difference with you fans.
even in PS it is good to win.
they scored td's also good.

quickccc

Reaction score
-Rushing offense looking good, but the Raiders really struggled stopping the run the prior week. However, we were playing our backups against their starters.
-Although it was basically one 1 drive, really liked Flornay. He did have success against their top corner. I do think he will make the final 53 man roster.
-Lance took time to settle down, then we got a chance to see him perform. Still would like to see more then the 5 yard out patterns, but he did improve from last week.
-Interesting to see Beebe/Hoffman split time at Center as many believed Hoffman sealed the job due to Beebe's slow transition to the Center position.
-Really liked how Duece ran the football with authority and elusiveness. There still is so value with having this type of player.
-Don't know what to make of the crowded TE room, nobody to standing out outside of making mistakes.
-Thought both had 1 bad play to start the game, but were excellent the rest of the way Booth/Kneeland. Corner looks real deep this yr. Kneeland is very active, you can see his effort, but also can see he needs work as a pass rusher. Keep in mind, most pass rushers take time to learn technique on the next level.
-Audrey is the boss, 66 yard FG that could of been good for over 70. Give Bones Fassel a ton of credit for finding both him and Turpin.

- Lance had a much better game vs Radas than Rams , did not turn over ball,..and added a fade TD to Flo ..but still a dink-dunk game and
and did not change my mind to be No.2 over Rush.
- Cropper really took a step backwards with the off over the head PR/and fumble (without contact) ...now it could come down
to Flournoy vs Cropper for that final 6th WR spot.
- Flournoy had a rebound game. TD fade catch and couple of nice short catches beyond that. Brooks had a drop while
Tolbert tough contested catch

- Deuce was decisive and elusive- but is he a one track pony ? (run only?)
- Freeman return to duty help seal his roster spot

- i wonder if CB Scott should've had more(much more?) playing time vs Radas/Rams ? Ditto with Izzy
- Not impressed with Booth- gave a huge deep and overthrow preventing another - tackles in short areas just showed me that
he's very weak vs deep

- kudos game for Guyton & Beebe. OL opened up run room- Josh Ball replaced Guyton ??
-I think teams has some gems in Thomas.., and maybe Woods
- I'm doubting Izzy would stick around for 4th safety role (Hooker, Wilson, Thomas, Bell) and i think only 4 safeties kept.

- We desperately need a backup PR -otherwise it maybe Cooks in emergency.
- Liked #92 al Quadin Muhammad at DE - thought breeland, Huggins, rogers -plus unknown Hall

- Feheko was unimpressive (again) - he's slow and pure JAG, imo
- rookie LB Marist was outstanding, active - tackler- and a nose for the ball- ..Harvey almost a six-pick,

- Our All pro FG kicker Aubrey is probably the best young placekicker in the entire NFL. 66 yd FG ! wow! ..awesome weapon !

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
-Audrey is the boss, 66 yard FG that could have been good for over 70. Give Bones Fassel a ton of credit for finding both him and Turpin.
You missed THE most important thing from last night. The Cowboys controlled both lines of scrimmage the entire game. And the Raiders played their starters a lot. That made me smile.