Thoughts/Opinions from last night's win against the Raiders!

blueblood70

Reaction score
-I agree he offers something the rest of the group lacks.
-Keep in mind, one big hit away from losing your starting QB, protecting him he the highest priority.
-They cannot tip off their play calling when he is in the game. Must find creative ways to see him.
That could be said about anyone missing a block you know many blocks were missed by the offensive line last year alone too many to count it's not on one soul running back to make sure that things are brought blocked up and I remember when Tony Pollard was having a big problem blocking and nobody seemed to have a problem with it you know when they handed the man $10 million he was a giant disappointment last year when he was counted on to be #1 kind of reminded me of Randall with the meat on the bone thing everybody thought Tony Pollard was going to be taken what zeke couldn't to another level it couldn't even get close to that in short yardage goal line or blocking... And yet lots of people have a problem with being back here even though he's probably the best blocking running back in the league and it's what we needed was short yardage goal line and blocking so we brought him back you're not going to have 3 Deep and you're running back room I'll be able to block well. I think the offensive line the tight ends etcetera should do a better job blocking and stop worrying about one man on your offense that might be less than stellar blocking.. In my opinion Mike McCarthy made mistakes last year I hope he learned from he did not utilize the rotation properly for the play calling and the design place it made no sense how he used totally Tony Pollard last year and then when we really needed something dynamic in the run game he ignored using Turpin or von enough instead he ran CD lamb to death behind the line of scrimmage which in my opinion he should not have.. It's confusing to me how Kellen Moran and Mike McCarthy can so ignore some players that could be more weapons around here like Turpin and Vaughn they don't need to be every down player they don't need to get a bulk of the play calls but they need to be utilized properly to become weapons.

shabazz

Reaction score
This Dallas Cowboys' Defense will surprise lots of fans who felt they would suffer. I'm greatly excited about their newfound talent. ;)
I'll get excited when they stop the Browns running game in week 1

Should be very doable with all our newfound talent.....gonna be sweet

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That could be said about anyone missing a block you know many blocks were missed by the offensive line last year alone too many to count it's not on one soul running back to make sure that things are brought blocked up and I remember when Tony Pollard was having a big problem blocking and nobody seemed to have a problem with it you know when they handed the man $10 million he was a giant disappointment last year when he was counted on to be #1 kind of reminded me of Randall with the meat on the bone thing everybody thought Tony Pollard was going to be taken what zeke couldn't to another level it couldn't even get close to that in short yardage goal line or blocking... And yet lots of people have a problem with being back here even though he's probably the best blocking running back in the league and it's what we needed was short yardage goal line and blocking so we brought him back you're not going to have 3 Deep and you're running back room I'll be able to block well. I think the offensive line the tight ends etcetera should do a better job blocking and stop worrying about one man on your offense that might be less than stellar blocking.. In my opinion Mike McCarthy made mistakes last year I hope he learned from he did not utilize the rotation properly for the play calling and the design place it made no sense how he used totally Tony Pollard last year and then when we really needed something dynamic in the run game he ignored using Turpin or von enough instead he ran CD lamb to death behind the line of scrimmage which in my opinion he should not have.. It's confusing to me how Kellen Moran and Mike McCarthy can so ignore some players that could be more weapons around here like Turpin and Vaughn they don't need to be every down player they don't need to get a bulk of the play calls but they need to be utilized properly to become weapons.
There will be times they want to have extra protection, especially against the blitz. Don't think we will see Vaughn in those situations, where a player like Zeke is better suited. As you have said, it's all about finding ways to maximize the likes of Duece, Turpin who are both playmakers that haven't be used properly.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There will be times they want to have extra protection, especially against the blitz. Don't think we will see Vaughn in those situations, where a player like Zeke is better suited. As you have said, it's all about finding ways to maximize the likes of Duece, Turpin who are both playmakers that haven't be used properly.
It's because they aren't really playmakers. Neither one has shown any ability to break a tackle in the NFL.

Turpin has, to some degree, developed as a WR who can get open on the move, but he needs so much space to be effective that you can't use him in the short game. He just goes down too easy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's because they aren't really playmakers. Neither one has shown any ability to break a tackle in the NFL.

Turpin has, to some degree, developed as a WR who can get open on the move, but he needs so much space to be effective that you can't use him in the short game. He just goes down too easy.
Both players excel in space.

conner01

Reaction score
Liufau flashed a few times! Trey lance played well! Deuce looked pretty good too! Kneeland jumped off the screen too!
Who we keep at RB is gonna be a tough decision with Zeke onboard. Druse has some juice and wiggle but I’m not sure he really has a shot at making the roster

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Which is not a skill you build around. There's a thousand guys who can be good in space.

Getting them in space is almost impossible unless they break a tackle
Not difficult at all, this is what today's game features.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not difficult at all, this is what today's game features.
What? Getting players into space is the most difficult thing to do in the NFL. It's literally the only thing teams try to scheme.

It's why the Shannahan, McVay, McDaniel tree is so valuable - they're the only ones who consistently do it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That's counting wayyy too many chickens before they hatch. At times, this defense is going to flat-out struggle. The schedule is tough.

a Raiders pre-season game is not a good indicator
I'm addressing my thoughts, not yours. I think any team in the NFL is going to struggle from time to time. Nothing is guaranteed. We have a much-improved defense. Any team has its ups and downs vs. a tough schedule. We're no different. Besides, we were operating with backups, while the Raiders were using starters. That changes things every time.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly evident that Jerry is planning on retaining Trey Lance on the roster as a backup QB. He made that statement as recently as yesterday. Anyone who thinks that doesn't mean anything worth noting is entitled to their opinion, but Jerry will always do his ideas first. Like it nor not, that's just the way things are.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly evident that Jerry is planning on retaining Trey Lance on the roster as a backup QB. He made that statement as recently as yesterday. Anyone who thinks that doesn't mean anything worth noting is entitled to their opinion, but Jerry does his ideas first.
No it's not apparent he said he made the team but needs to see more we already knew that all three were going to make the team I'm not sure what you think was going to change whether Cooper rush was the number two or the number three I don't think he's leaving what does it matter who's number 2 or #3 right now before everything else yes Trey Lance was going to make the team and he is going to be a backup more like the emergency 3rd...

what jerry said yesterday didn't change a thing not new news.. Lance was going to be on this team..," Need to see more" means he has not overtaken rush YET

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No it's not apparent he said he made the team but needs to see more we already knew that all three were going to make the team I'm not sure what you think was going to change whether Cooper rush was the number two or the number three I don't think he's leaving what does it matter who's number 2 or #3 right now before everything else yes Trey Lance was going to make the team and he is going to be a backup more like the emergency 3rd...

what jerry said yesterday didn't change a thing not new news.. Lance was going to be on this team..," Need to see more" means he has not overtaken rush YET
I think it's a good bet that Jerry wants to retain Lance as a self-awarded pat on the back. One can easily define his meaning as it may seem to that individual, imho. I have no objection to Lance being the 3rd option as an emergency backup. Anything more than that isn't rightfully deserved at this early stage of things. I didn't say his presence is written in stone, though. One piss-poor performance could change things in a hurry. Rush wasn't mentioned in my post, though. I believe it would be foolish to demote him or cut him at this year. Trey Lance is, at most, a work in progress.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think it's a good bet that Jerry wants to retain Lance as a self-awarded pat on the back. One can easily define his meaning as it seems to that individual, imho. I have no objection to Lance being the 3rd option as an emergency backup. Anything more than that isn't rightfully deserved at this early stage of things. I didn't say his presence is written in stone, though. One piss-poor performance could change things in a hurry. I don't think Rush was mentioned in my post, however. I do believe it would be foolish to demote him or cut him at all this year. Lance is a work in progress.
can we stop the nonsense, i'm so sick of hearing about jerry's....tives the front office blah blah blah

they're trying to develop a quarterback and he was going to make the team one way or the other they need a third quarterback.. he's 23 years old and hasn't looked terrible.... have you seen the carousel of bad qbs making their rounds around the NFL before they're out? it's a quarterback starved league, happening all over the place, it's not a jerry thing.. minishew starting for raiders vs Mconnell , Brissett?, Carr still around, Stidam, darnold, etc, lmao..umm ok those are B/Us starting this year for teams..OH BTW DJOnes making $42 million and hes not true starter already a qb controversy there ,

you have an issue lance being on this team lmao..umm ok

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
can we stop the nonsense, i'm so sick of hearing about jerry's....tives the front office blah blah blah

they're trying to develop a quarterback and he was going to make the team one way or the other they need a third quarterback.. he's 23 years old and hasn't looked terrible.... have you seen the carousel of bad qbs making their rounds around the NFL before they're out? it's a quarterback starved league, happening all over the place, it's not a jerry thing.. minishew starting for raiders vs Mconnell , Brissett?, Carr still around, Stidam, darnold, etc, lmao..umm ok those are B/Us starting this year for teams..OH BTW DJOnes making $42 million and hes not true starter already a qb controversy there ,

you have an issue lance being on this team lmao..umm ok
I think you're full of beans to be posting such assumed criticisms over me giving my opinions here. Your reading of my mind is pure nonsense. I'm neither knocking nor praising Lance for being what he is, which is a QB being tested for possibly being kept on this roster in any manner which the management desires to stipulate. Stop jumping to conclusions about my intentions and take a chill pill, OK? Nobody said Lance looks terrible. I'm perfectly willing to see him succeed and I hope he does. As far as Jerry is concerned, I'm not a fan. Deal with it. You in a bad mood today? :rolleyes:

Last edited: