Thoughts the morning after

xvendettax914

Reaction score
If this lost did not make you worry your crazy. The D got exposed, they cant rush the passer, best LB is done for the year. Trust me this team is in trouble and they will lose more then they win from here on out. they might make the playoffs but it will be 1 and done. With out a D this team is history

from what i understand McClain is still playing..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Do you really think Weeden gets a scoring drive from their own 4 with less than 2 minutes remaining? Against tha blitz?

Without a doubt, it's not just Weeden... it's the Cowboys O. Do you not think Dez and Witten can come up big in that situation with a QB that just proved he can get it done? I think you just don't trust Weeden even though he had just gave the team a TD.

tecolote

Reaction score
Without a doubt, it's not just Weeden... it's the Cowboys O. Do you not think Dez and Witten can come up big in that situation with a QB that just proved he can get it done? I think you just don't trust Weeden even though he had just gave the team a TD.

First thing, if anyone has proven they can get it done it's Tony. You are comparing one drive to a whole career. Tony Romo is better than Weeden and you go to him every time.

And Dez actualy came up small by dropping two td passes from Weeden that shoul've been runs anyway.

tecolote

Reaction score
He changed the play at the line. Rewatch it. If they were all running deeper routes, that's because they were likely called on an Audible.

If that's what happened that was stupid. I agree. But the fact that it had been happening all night long and continued to happen after that and the coaches did nothing to stop it was a lot dumber.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If that's what happened that was stupid. I agree. But the fact that it had been happening all night long and continued to happen after that and the coaches did nothing to stop it was a lot dumber.

Well, I think you have to go back and look at the tape for that. Tony was changing plays all night. To understand, you would have to go back and see if the plays, in those given situations, were change at the line or were called from the sidelines.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First thing, if anyone has proven they can get it done it's Tony. You are comparing one drive to a whole career. Tony Romo is better than Weeden and you go to him every time.

And Dez actualy came up small by dropping two td passes from Weeden that shoul've been runs anyway.

It's faulty logic like this that got us a loss last night. The only thing Tony proved last night is he is not the same player when he is hurt. Tony is better than Weeden when Tony is healthy. When he is hurt, you bench him and his ego and let the guy that just got you a TD win the game.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The audibles during the win streak appeared to be less and more into running plays, last night it seemed like he was changing the play in every 3rd down situation not once but twice. The blitz package had a lot to do with that and we just couldnt figure it out for whatever reason. Im no coach but its obvious that has to be rectified going forward because defenses will us that as a blue print now, although I think we can beat it by tweaking our routes and blocking schemes just a bit. Arizona will be a good test and will be a good indicator going forward of what kind of team we have.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I expect losses (even against weaker opponents) with a style of play that will generally keep games close, but my biggest frustration is with the multiple drops and turnovers. Also getting away from the ground and pound approach late in the game.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Not a comment on changing QBs or anything along those lines, but i was amazed at the difference in arm strength between Weeden - Romo.

Quite an eye opener.

Wood

Reaction score
I think Dallas is .500 team rest of way (which is their baseline). I am also thankful for the nice run in 1st half of season as its been long time I felt that excited to watch them again.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think Romo leaving the game kinda threw things off course there. Our staff panicked and didn't stick with what was winning which was DeMarco Murray. Commanders played the better game overall and deserved to win though. Tough to win games when your starting QB misses most of the 2nd half.

We weren't doing so hot with Romo in the game. Weeden lead drives resulting in 10 points; Romo 7 points. I think Romo hurt us more than helped because when Romo was in, we unexplicably abandoned the running game. With Weeden in, we seem to feature it more. :huh:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Well, I think you have to go back and look at the tape for that. Tony was changing plays all night. To understand, you would have to go back and see if the plays, in those given situations, were change at the line or were called from the sidelines.

Then he certainly shouldn't have been back in the game. Who runs this team, Tony?

tecolote

Reaction score

I know, but there has to be a point in the game where the coaches tell Tony not to change plays and take the snap from under center, yet they continued to go empty backfield. It was dumb for Tony to call those audibles but dumber for the coaches to not tell him to stop doing so.

tecolote

Reaction score
It's faulty logic like this that got us a loss last night. The only thing Tony proved last night is he is not the same player when he is hurt. Tony is better than Weeden when Tony is healthy. When he is hurt, you bench him and his ego and let the guy that just got you a TD win the game.

So if Dez is hurt and then he comes back you still put in Street instead?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Not a comment on changing QBs or anything along those lines, but i was amazed at the difference in arm strength between Weeden - Romo.

Quite an eye opener.

I missed the 2nd half. Who had better arm strength in your opinion?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I'm such a huge Romo fan, but the more I thought about it, the more this game was on him.

He wasn't recognizing the blitz. he was the one moving formations around, and Haslett out maneuvered him. He was off early with all his throws as well.

Plenty of other guys will be able to watch film and point out reasons they helped the team lose, but this one is primarily on Romo IMO.

he was trying...when you have EVERYONE on the line...all you can do is try and hard snap it to get someone to flinch. Then it is pretty much guess who is coming and who is staying.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know, but there has to be a point in the game where the coaches tell Tony not to change plays and take the snap from under center, yet they continued to go empty backfield. It was dumb for Tony to call those audibles but dumber for the coaches to not tell him to stop doing so.

Yes. You would think so but that was not evident last night.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So if Dez is hurt and then he comes back you still put in Street instead?

If Dez is compromised and Street is the better option, then absolutely yes. This is one game. If we are to have any chance to do anything in the post season, we need a healthy Tony and a healthy Dez. You lose Dez and your chances of making the playoffs are severely diminished. You lose Tony and your chances are completely gone.