Twitter: Three reasons why Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott will remind fans why he's one of the top running backs in

Sydla

Reaction score
The question is will he get his explosiveness back? That's the biggest concern. His lack of explosion, inability to turn smaller gains into big runs has led many to think he's already starting to regress. There is no question that the Elliott of recent years doesn't look like the rookie Elliott who appeared quicker, more explosive, etc.

If he's found some of that explosiveness again, he can be great. If he hasn't, he's just a decent/good TB at this point.

johneric8

Reaction score
If I'm being honest I getting very tired of all the talk about how the Zeke of old is back and he is all of the sudden the best version of himself! Quite honestly Zeke has done stuff like this before, and as recent as his holdout when he was in Cabo making those stupid workout videos, and we all know how he played when he came back.

I think he is going to get out there and get hit in the mouth and and second guess himself and shift back into the declining back he really is. Honestly, I'm not a Zeke hater at all, but I'm going to call it as I see it using evidence.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He'd better bounce back or this year could be his last as a Cowboy. Hope Jerry gets tired of these guys having big cap hits and not producing like they should. DLaw and Zeke are the two I'll really be paying attention to this year. To me, its do or die time for those two.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I hope the Zeke of old reemerges. It's possible but it's gonna take a lot of physical and mental preparation on his part. All that partying takes a toll on a body. If he's fully dedicated to getting back to his former self, he's young enough to do it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
1. Because he's eating less (ditching the "Feed Me" gesture to show his commitment)
2. Because he's smoking less (severing his relationship with "Puff the Magic Dragon")
3. Because he's dodging trash cans like they're standing still (Wait)

starfan1

Reaction score
If the Oline is healthy Zeke may return to be a top 5 back but if you're expecting explosiveness don't hold you're breath. Zeke hasnt been explosive since 2016. He's been a powerful back and the pile always goes forward but he's not one to make a person miss. Which is why so many want to see more of pollard. The turnovers have to be at a minimum

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Zeke of 2019 is a very fine running back. If he's that guy again, I'll be happy with his performance. That's about as good as a RB can be without explosive plays or impact as a receiver. And I don't expect to see either of those things show up.

quickccc

Reaction score
If the Oline is strong, Zeke will be. If it’s not, he won’t be.

which pretty much could be said with any featured back.
but priority is placing him with a capable starting support cast first (ala OL, coach scheme) to leave the rest up to the RB himself,..imo.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only one is needed:

1. Zeke. If he's dropped his crapp attitude and started working hard again, he will be productive. None of the other stuff matters, just fooforaw. Maybe this new coaching staff will find a way?

Sydla

Reaction score
If the Oline is healthy Zeke may return to be a top 5 back but if you're expecting explosiveness don't hold you're breath. Zeke hasnt been explosive since 2016. He's been a powerful back and the pile always goes forward but he's not one to make a person miss. Which is why so many want to see more of pollard. The turnovers have to be at a minimum

Sad then that we are paying that much for a grind it out type TB.