Through Week 4 (2024), Cowboys team rushing ranks dead last (32nd) in the NFL

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You first since you brought it up first.

Let's see if you know what you are talking about...
I would explain it if you would answer the question. It is like talking to toddlers on this board.

EPA defines which of those runs is more valuable. The idea that it is "garbage guessing" is wqrong. EPA takes the same data you're using but contextualizes it.

So again, I will ask, which is better:

Run 1: 3rd and 10, 5 yards.
Run 2: 3rd and 2, 3 yards.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agreed.

I've been saying since the season started we don't have any legit deep threat speed on this roster. I don't understand why the Cowboys cut Tyron Billy-Johnson or why they have not brought him back since Billy-Johnson was frequently making deep catches in training camp? It's like this team loves to suffer and make things so unnecessarily hard on themselves.
:hammer:The Cowboys need speed in the worst way. Our fast guy Turpin is barely on the field and gets little if any touches. The problem is the Joneses wear to many hats. One minute their owners, the next minute they are president and vice president of operations, then they are general manager and head of player personnel and finally they are setting up events at the Star. Just to much to handle. I guess it is easy when you can give a big contract to the quarterback and tell him to handle it.:huh::facepalm: Dumb fans are already blaming Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Through Week 4 (2024), Cowboys team rushing ranks dead last (32nd) in the NFL

One wonders why the Dallas Cowboys are struggling to score points through Week 4 of the 2024 season? Look no further than the Cowboys team rushing ranking dead last (32nd) in the NFL. Take a look at the chart statistics...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/stat/rushing

The Dallas Cowboys team rushing ranks dead last (32nd) in total rushing yards/game average (75.3) with the 2nd lowest rushing yard average (3.5). Only the Giants have a lower rushing yard average (3.4). Plus, the Cowboys are tied for the 2nd lowest rushing TDs (2) so far with Dak having 1 of those rushing TDs on a goal line QB sneak.

Meanwhile, the Ravens rank 1st in total team rushing yards/game average (220.3) thanks to their All Pro RB who Jerry Jones refused to sign via free agency...

While the Titans rank middle of the pack (16) in total team rushing yards/game average (111.3) thanks to a performance like this ex-Cowboy whom Jerry refused to retain after the 2023 season...

Nice job, Jerry... :banghead:

if we had a better passing attack, then it would open up the running game. teams aren't respecting Dak as he continues to struggle, evident from him not throwing WRs open and leading them and his accuracy problems, leading to the worst separation stat in the league.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I would explain it if you would answer the question. It is like talking to toddlers on this board.

EPA defines which of those runs is more valuable. The idea that it is "garbage guessing" is wqrong. EPA takes the same data you're using but contextualizes it.

Just another stat that sounds nice to nerds but to football people not so much

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

What's that got anything to do with the Cowboys since our RBs as a group ranks the worst in game rushing yards average and 2nd worst overall in rushing yards average?