Through Week 4 (2024), Cowboys team rushing ranks dead last (32nd) in the NFL

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even signing Pollard for $7m would have been ok. He is way better than anyone we have now.
I understand why they don't want to give an older RB money - you never know when their legs are going to go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be honest the Cowboys should have signed Pollard to a team friendly extension instead of tagging him in 2023. The Joneses don’t seem to understand the cap sadly. King Henry is great but the Ravens are the perfect running team with their big fulll back, blocking tight ends, and best running quarterback in the history of the game. Not resigning Pollard will haunt us throughout the season.
The issues wasn’t who they gave up or didn’t sign. It’s the fact they didn’t draft someone. It makes no sense.

Creeper

Reaction score
Good backs make o-lines better. Emmitt Smith made the Cowboys 90s o-line, not the other way around. They will even admit this if asked. None of them were considered all world before Emmitt showed up, and no other RBs looked anywhere near as good as Emmitt when they ran behind his same o-line.

The Cowboys would likely be 4-0 had they signed Henry.
I believe the Cowboys would be 2-2 had they signed Henry. Henry does not play defense.

People glamorize this stuff. When there are no holes to run through Henry gets hit and tackled like everyone else. You are not going to tell me that Dowdle, or even Deuce could not run for long yards through that same hole Henry ran for a TD. I am not saying our slowpokes could go 87, but not being touched for the first 7 or 8 yards would be a big improvement over the Cowboys current run blocking.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys would be 2-2 had they signed Henry. Henry does not play defense.

People glamorize this stuff. When there are no holes to run through Henry gets hit and tackled like everyone else. You are not going to tell me that Dowdle, or even Deuce could not run for long yards through that same hole Henry ran for a TD. I am not saying our slowpokes could go 87, but not being touched for the first 7 or 8 yards would be a big improvement over the Cowboys current run blocking.
Would love someone to show me anything comparable in Dallas

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes great hole but Dowdle probably gets 10-12 yards on that. Henry is way faster and knows how to play off blocks better.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
What kind of excuses will Jerry come up with if the Cowboys start to keep scores closer with other teams. And not get blown out as much like they didn't against the Saints and Ravens. Yet the Cowboys are still ranked last in the NFL in rushing?

bottleKids

Reaction score
The minute they did not sign TP we became a 1 dimensional team, which no QB can function on... I don't care about our debates about Dak, 1 dimensional won't work for ANY qb.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yes great hold, but Dowdle probably gets 10-12 yards on that. Henry is way faster and knows how to play off blocks better.
No way. Every RB in the league turns that into a big gain. Henry may be faster so turn it into a TD, but highschool RBs are taking that a long way too. It was perfectly blocked and the Bills messed up their gapping at the second level.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The issues wasn’t who they gave up or didn’t sign. It’s the fact they didn’t draft someone. It makes no sense.
The Cowboys had so many needs. I don’t understand what they were doing. If the plan was to extend Dak, why trade a 4th for Lance. The front office really has no plan. If they kept all their picks we could have gotten a running back in the draft. Something does not add up. It sounds to me like Jerry went rogue with that trade for Lance.

gtb1943

Reaction score

it is really rather simple
the THREAT of what a back like Henry can do sets the tone for the D
you are ignoring that rather large factor

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We cannot stretch the field either running or passing; so the D can stay close to the LOS most of the time.
Catch 22 guys
except if you watch, when we get inside the redzone. there is no threat of the run, so teams are dropping 6 or 7 into coverage and LBs are playing off the ball...if its a run, usually its slow building and they usually make a stop. we can't consistently run inside the redzone and it hurts the passing game, because tighter quarters. no passing lanes and easier to break up passes.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes great hole but Dowdle probably gets 10-12 yards on that. Henry is way faster and knows how to play off blocks better.
Of course, but my point is once Henry gets up a full head of steam he is really hard to tackle. But if he gets hit at the LOS he goes down like everyone else. If he played for Dallas he would not go untouched like that.

Again, I do not think this team is one RB, or one player anywhere on the roster from being a good team. This team need a serious infusion of talent which it did not get in the offseason. Jerry bet the farm on the draft, and while he score with Beebe, the rest of the rookies are not fully prepared to play at a high level in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys had so many needs. I don’t understand what they were doing. If the plan was to extend Dak, why trade a 4th for Lance. The front office really has no plan. If they kept all their picks we could have gotten a running back in the draft. Something does not add up. It sounds to me like Jerry went rogue with that trade for Lance.
I’ve been asking all these questions…I don’t understand it. The Lance thing is mind boggling.