Thursday Night could change everything going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
In 2014 we had the game against Seattle that completely changed the outlook on the season and how the team was viewed when we went into Seattle and just physically imposed our will on them.

2016 we went into Green Bay with a couple of key injuries and really handed it to the Packers and if that didn't have the doubters believing then surely the Pittsburgh game a few weeks later got everyones attention.

I think a win Thursday night starts the momentum and puts us exactly where we were after those big wins in those seasons and we can start getting excited about our chances going forward.

It will be 2014 & 2016 all over again from Thursday Night forward if we win that game IMO.

It's a big big momentum shifting game.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Big time underdogs on Thursday. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up losing that game. But, if the Cowboys can win on Thursday night with it being the only game that day and if our team can hand the Saints their 2 loss in a major upset. Then that would be HUGE. As most aren't going the Boys much of a chance to win.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Saints - 7. Doubt they can score enough to beat the Saints.

Agree but this is one week where Garretts crap coaching should benefit us.

When you're outmatched his style of football will keep the game close.

Dallas will do everything they can to win the time of possession and if the Saints struggle to stop the run then all bets are off.

I could see the refs being on our side too because a Cowboy win would be great for the league.

Side Note: Vander Esch should really shine this week with his skill set. Kamara and Vander Esch are going to be seeing a lot of each other. We match up well there.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cowboys certainly have the talent to play with and beat the Saints, particularly playing them at home. There is no shame in losing to the Saints as they are clearly the better team. What concerns me most is what the Cowboys do after the Saints game, win or lose.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And if we lose? What if we get blown out? What would it be then?

Losing is fine. Getting blown out is not.

If Dallas gets to the playoffs I think the right matchups are what they need and from what I've seen this year I want to play teams with QB's that can't move in the pocket.

I'd be happy to play the Rams / Bears. Teams with QB's that have to operate from the pocket.

I want no part of the elusive QB's because we have not done well against those types.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
A win would be huge. So would a L bc this team wasted opportunities to win earlier games that were there to take.

A L sets up a HUGE game vs Philly on 12/9– as they are likely to beat the Skins. A W keeps us 1 game up on Philly even if they beat us— so Thurs nite is simply a big, big game for us to bring home.

1. At least we are in Dallas the next two games
2. We get a 10 day rest before Philly and they are on a short week following a Mon nite game
3. We are rolling into Thurs nite with some confidence and swagger— the team is gelling and believing in themselves— I give em a puncher’s chance to beat the Saints if they play their game offensively and the D steps up

I expect a hard fought L— and while not catastrophic— it would definitely erase any margin for error— and would tilt momentum towards Philly coming hot and heavy after the division.

Just win baby. Go out there and pound the Saints and worry about each game as they come

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if we lose? What if we get blown out? What would it be then?

Then it will still be the usual, but many of the naysayers will come back out of the woodwork to pile on even more.
But it will be back to the front page full of threads about Garrett and coaches, and Jerry hate, and also Dak hate, or any player hate.
Not far off from the typical, but a definite increase.

Right now there is a lot of what if type threads, which is far better than 3 weeks ago. Even the naysayers aren't dragging those too far down.
I understand some of them, heck I am not sure we can win or hang with them, not in a shoot out. But I try to remain optimistic that our D can slow them down enough to keep it close.

Reaction score
In 2014 we had the game against Seattle that completely changed the outlook on the season and how the team was viewed when we went into Seattle and just physically imposed our will on them.

2016 we went into Green Bay with a couple of key injuries and really handed it to the Packers and if that didn't have the doubters believing then surely the Pittsburgh game a few weeks later got everyones attention.

I think a win Thursday night starts the momentum and puts us exactly where we were after those big wins in those seasons and we can start getting excited about our chances going forward.

It will be 2014 & 2016 all over again from Thursday Night forward if we win that game IMO.

It's a big big momentum shifting game.
You are correct.

Saints 38
Cowboys 20

If we had to play the Saints 20 times, they would beat us 19 of those times. Maybe Thursday will be the outlier, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.