Thursday Night could change everything going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are no moral victories after Thanksgiving, only winners and losers.

I disagree. Each win/loss is magnified at this point because there is less time left in the season for things to change, but if the Cowboys can at least make it a highly competitive game it will show they belong in the playoff picture and can compete in the playoffs. Of course, a win would be an even bigger boost, but right now we are still trying to find out if the team has really turned a corner of just have had a mini-hot streak against teams that have issues.

links18

Reaction score
And it seems to me like a good setup for Dallas. Saints are 10-1 and have a huge lead in their division, so they can afford a loss. The old saying is pretty true about the which team needs it more.

That said, Brees seems like he's on a mission, and the Cowboys name alone will get opponents motivated. I'll say Saints probably still win, but it may be a close one. Maybe Jerry can claim another moral victory afterwards.

Saints need to keep pace with Rams in the fight for playoff seeding and HFA. They won't give this one away. That doesn't mean they won't have an off night, but forget about them relaxing because of their division lead. That's what lesser coached teams do....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's not the worst matchup in the world for us. We have been giving up less than 20 pts a game without a good offense. Saints defense is average. We should be able to score what we have been scoring the last 3 games and keep the Saints under 30. If we play well it should be a close game.

I think people acknowledge that we're a pretty good defense but still think the Saints will just score a million points.

It just won't happen.

Mobile QB's have been what has hurt us and I just don't think Breese has it in those legs anymore to hurt us that way.

I also don't fear Kamara that much because of LVE. I think he will be on him a lot.

I just worry about the Cowboys offense and will it be enough. I think our defense will do fine.

Being aggressive on 4th down will be key too.

links18

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if we lost this game if we could beat them in the playoffs. :laugh:

Ah, the old its better to lose now than in the playoffs argument? I mean I guess it is, buts its never good to lose.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
All I know is if Garrett finds a way to not win the division then there is no way Jerry can keep him.

They need new coaches anyways but Jerry doesn't mind status quo and we are very late to identify problems as an organization so if they can put off getting a coach they will do it but I think a post season miss would be it for him.

I'm one of the few who doesn't buy in to "changing HC's" changes the outcome of the season. Just seen too many "changes" on other teams that seem to show otherwise. IDK, I suppose it's worth a try with another 8-8 season but anything better than that and I question your assumption that Jerry can't keep him. JMO

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I think people acknowledge that we're a pretty good defense but still think the Saints will just score a million points.

It just won't happen.

Mobile QB's have been what has hurt us and I just don't think Breese has it in those legs anymore to hurt us that way.

I also don't fear Kamara that much because of LVE. I think he will be on him a lot.

I just worry about the Cowboys offense and will it be enough. I think our defense will do fine.

Kamara is too fast for LVE. Maybe jaylon would be to bettbetter coverage option on him.
I'd feel a lot better if Irving and some of the other jnnjred DTs played in this game. We are going to have to generate and inside rush to win.

My auto-correct sucks but not worth going back and fixing.

Reaction score
And it seems to me like a good setup for Dallas. Saints are 10-1 and have a huge lead in their division, so they can afford a loss. The old saying is pretty true about the which team needs it more.

That said, Brees seems like he's on a mission, and the Cowboys name alone will get opponents motivated. I'll say Saints probably still win, but it may be a close one. Maybe Jerry can claim another moral victory afterwards.
Thing is the Saints can't afford to lose. They have the #1 seed based on their tiebreaker with the Rams. A loss would really hurt their chances to play the NFC Championship Game at home.

They will be ready to go. They are not going to overlook the Cowboys. And Brees is generally lights out in a dome. At home or on the road.

The Cowboys will have to play a perfect game. +3 turnover differential. Dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball. Maybe get a punt block or a punt return TD. Something unconventional. And they needs to seriously harass Brees all game long. Something other teams have failed to do.

pansophy

Reaction score

It just won't happen.

If Dak and Cooper can keep the chemistry going it will open things up for Zeke and Beasley. Things could start to look more like 2016. Dak has definitely been throwing outside the numbers past 10 yards more, which I think is the key. If he plays well we have a shot.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
And if we lose? What if we get blown out? What would it be then?
A lot of excuses and people here telling us how to be real fans.

But seriously, the Saints are very good and look like a Super Bowl team. No shame in losing to them. They are an explosive team and we are a ball control team. If they score quick and often, we are not likely to keep up. We need a couple of turnovers early and to control the clock, limit and hopefully stymie Brees.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You are correct.

Saints 38
Cowboys 20

If we had to play the Saints 20 times, they would beat us 19 of those times. Maybe Thursday will be the outlier, but I doubt it.

Smart play. Now you have an out if we "somehow" beat the almighty Saints.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. Each win/loss is magnified at this point because there is less time left in the season for things to change, but if the Cowboys can at least make it a highly competitive game it will show they belong in the playoff picture and can compete in the playoffs. Of course, a win would be an even bigger boost, but right now we are still trying to find out if the team has really turned a corner of just have had a mini-hot streak against teams that have issues.

I love your last point there. That's very true.
:clap:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Honestly I think we can stay in if we rattle brees and control the game w the run but it’s gonna be hard. Their offense is crazy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Dak and Cooper can keep the chemistry going it will open things up for Zeke and Beasley. Things could start to look more like 2016. Dak has definitely been throwing outside the numbers past 10 yards more, which I think is the key. If he plays well we have a shot.

I just don't think you can rely on our pass game.

Anything we get from Daks arm is just an added bonus and if teams want to take away Cooper i'm sure the Cowboys would be more then happy to let them do it then it will mean Cole Beasley has to step up.

staubach24

Reaction score
The Saints have one of the best Olines in the game right now and arguably the best RB tandem in recent memory. Add to that DB#9 having one of his best years ever and it will take Dallas' best effort on both sides of the ball to win on Thursday. That said, I think the Boys will give an inspired effort and win what I think is the perfect trap game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It just won't happen.

I keep going back to the Titans game - at home. We allowed Mariota and that team to convert third downs at a rate near 80%. If that team can do that, I fear what the Saints and the league MVP can do.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
mind boggling? we are giving up 20+ every game to run of the mill offenses. The Saints offense right now is as hot as any has been in the history of the game. Yeah they can score 40 on us

You should watch the games. Our defense is pretty fun. We have a few young guys you might enjoy watching. Offense is starting to put together some good drives. Seriously, if you have time on Thursday check us out, I believe it will be on Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.