Thursday Night could change everything going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The only way the Saints score 40 is if Dallas gets behind a couple scores early and forces Dak to throw the football.

Dallas is going to milk that clock and try to win it in the 4th quarter.

I agree assuming the coaching staff uses common sense, if the Cowboys D can keep the came within reach and the Cowboys O scores enough to keep the game close going into the 4th, then they will run the ball to try and quicken the game/control the clock. If The Saints gets a couple of TDs early to take a multiple score lead then I can see the game turning ugly for us.

But, those who believe the Saints will just blow out the Cowboys over look the Falcons vs Saints game. Because they game actually should have been closer, but ATL kept fumbling the ball in scoring position.

gmb1

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if we lost this game if we could beat them in the playoffs. :laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree assuming the coaching staff uses common sense, if the Cowboys D can keep the came within reach and the Cowboys O scores enough to keep the game close going into the 4th, then they will run the ball to try and quicken the game/control the clock. If The Saints gets a couple of TDs early to take a multiple score lead then I can see the game turning ugly for us.

But, those who believe the Saints will just blow out the Cowboys over look the Falcons vs Saints game. Because they game actually should have been closer, but ATL kept fumbling the ball in scoring position.

I don't worry about our coaches playing this way. It's the only way they know how to play.

What we do is actually good this game. Just go out there and Garrett the place up.

I'd like to see us be more aggressive on 4th downs.

If it's 3rd and 2 then run the ball twice. Don't get cute inside the 5 yard line. If it's 1st and goal run it 4 times.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In 2014 we had the game against Seattle that completely changed the outlook on the season and how the team was viewed when we went into Seattle and just physically imposed our will on them.

2016 we went into Green Bay with a couple of key injuries and really handed it to the Packers and if that didn't have the doubters believing then surely the Pittsburgh game a few weeks later got everyones attention.

I think a win Thursday night starts the momentum and puts us exactly where we were after those big wins in those seasons and we can start getting excited about our chances going forward.

It will be 2014 & 2016 all over again from Thursday Night forward if we win that game IMO.

It's a big big momentum shifting game.
its a huge huge game.....if we lose and Philly wins, then we are both 6-6 going to a head to head meeting. if we win, even if Philly wins next week...it puts philly on the back seat looking up......

TheHerd

Reaction score
And if we lose? What if we get blown out? What would it be then?
Eagles got annihilated by the Saints, yet many on here are still thinking the Eagles are a playoff team and our main competition for the East. So I don't think even a massive blowout should change our perceptions.

This Cowboys team is an average NFL team which could sneak into the playoffs due to a really poor division. That won't change based on Thursday's outcome.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be a take notice win. Where nobody can refuse to acknowledge them as a contender after that and be taken seriously.

I just can't stress enough that they have to be unconventional in this game. Trick plays, going for it on all 4th downs, heavy blitz packages. They can't just line up and play their usual vanilla and expect to beat this team. They can't expect to score enough points that way. They can't sit back and wait for Brees to make mistakes. He's too good.

Just smacking them in the mouth with the running game won't be enough.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
And it seems to me like a good setup for Dallas. Saints are 10-1 and have a huge lead in their division, so they can afford a loss. The old saying is pretty true about the which team needs it more.

That said, Brees seems like he's on a mission, and the Cowboys name alone will get opponents motivated. I'll say Saints probably still win, but it may be a close one. Maybe Jerry can claim another moral victory afterwards.

Batman1980

Reaction score
And it seems to me like a good setup for Dallas. Saints are 10-1 and have a huge lead in their division, so they can afford a loss. The old saying is pretty true about the which team needs it more.

That said, Brees seems like he's on a mission, and the Cowboys name alone will get opponents motivated. I'll say Saints probably still win, but it may be a close one. Maybe Jerry can claim another moral victory afterwards.

There are no moral victories after Thanksgiving, only winners and losers.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's not in the Superdome, so that helps.
I'm not counting us out.....any given Sunday, as they say.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I don't understand how Cowboy fans can honestly think the Saints are about to score 40+ on us. Has anyone here watched any Cowboy game this season? It's mind boggling to me.
mind boggling? we are giving up 20+ every game to run of the mill offenses. The Saints offense right now is as hot as any has been in the history of the game. Yeah they can score 40 on us

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2014 we had the game against Seattle that completely changed the outlook on the season and how the team was viewed when we went into Seattle and just physically imposed our will on them.

2016 we went into Green Bay with a couple of key injuries and really handed it to the Packers and if that didn't have the doubters believing then surely the Pittsburgh game a few weeks later got everyones attention.

I think a win Thursday night starts the momentum and puts us exactly where we were after those big wins in those seasons and we can start getting excited about our chances going forward.

It will be 2014 & 2016 all over again from Thursday Night forward if we win that game IMO.

It can be with a win, but I don't think it derails the season if they lose, unless the team allows that to happen. But they didn't at 3-5 so I'll give them deserved credit and the faith that they won't allow a single loss to the best team in football to ruin their year.

Dallas is playing the best team in football. And their recent history clearly shows that they beat pretenders, not contenders.

A win against New Orleans would run counter to some well established history.

Batman1980

Reaction score
It can be with a win, but I don't think it derails the season if they lose, unless the team allows that to happen. But they didn't at 3-5 so I'll give them deserved credit and the faith that they won't allow a single loss to the best team in football to ruin their year.

Dallas is playing the best team in football. And their recent history clearly shows that they beat pretenders, not contenders.

A win against New Orleans would run counter to some well established history.

You mean Jerry's redheaded stepchild gets outcoached when we play against better teams? Mind-boggling!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I think a win will build on the momentum. I'm not sure what a loss will do. The Saints D is pretty stingy against the run and we need an effective run game to keep Brees and Co off the field. Add a banged up O-line to the equation and I'm pretty realistic about the Saints game. I don't see us winning this one. I do think 4-1 the rest of the way wins the division with a 10-6 record. I doubt that 3-2 the rest of the way will.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think a win will build on the momentum. I'm not sure what a loss will do. The Saints D is pretty stingy against the run and we need an effective run game to keep Brees and Co off the field. Add a banged up O-line to the equation and I'm pretty realistic about the Saints game. I don't see us winning this one. I do think 4-1 the rest of the way wins the division with a 10-6 record. I doubt that 3-2 the rest of the way will.

All I know is if Garrett finds a way to not win the division then there is no way Jerry can keep him.

They need new coaches anyways but Jerry doesn't mind status quo and we are very late to identify problems as an organization so if they can put off getting a coach they will do it but I think a post season miss would be it for him.

pansophy

Reaction score
Saints - 7. Doubt they can score enough to beat the Saints.
It's not the worst matchup in the world for us. We have been giving up less than 20 pts a game without a good offense. Saints defense is average. We should be able to score what we have been scoring the last 3 games and keep the Saints under 30. If we play well it should be a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.