Tiebreaker question

Mannix

Reaction score
Let me get this straight....if we both lose this weekend, do we hold the tiebreaker for the rest of the season provided we don't lose to an NFC team the rest of the way out???

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If Philly and Dallas lose this weekend but both then win out….

Division is tied
Common opponents is tied
Conference record is tied

It then comes down to strength of victory. Basically how do the teams you’ve beaten finish the season? At the moment it’s close, but Philly has an edge due to Carolina having such an awful record. However, that can change in a single weekend

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Let me get this straight....if we both lose this weekend, do we hold the tiebreaker for the rest of the season provided we don't lose to an NFC team the rest of the way out???
no, the Eagles still have more games against the NFC east, they hold the tiebreaker, Dallas needs to finish one game ahead of the Eagles to win the division right now..if the Eagles and Dallas win out, Eagles win the DIvision..Dallas has three conference losses(Arizona, SF and Eagles).....Arizona loss is huge!

Shannon1

Reaction score
no, the Eagles still have more games against the NFC east, they hold the tiebreaker, Dallas needs to finish one game ahead of the Eagles to win the division right now..if the Eagles and Dallas win out, Eagles win the DIvision..Dallas has three conference losses(Arizona, SF and Eagles).....Arizona loss is huge!
No they don’t if they lose to Seattle and we lose to buffalo we would still be in first then it’s going to come down strength of victory

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If Philly and Dallas lose this weekend but both then win out….

Division is tied
Common opponents is tied
Conference record is tied

It then comes down to strength of victory. Basically how do the teams you’ve beaten finish the season? At the moment it’s close, but Philly has an edge due to Carolina having such an awful record. However, that can change in a single weekend
I believe it eventually comes down to a coin flip if all tie breakers are even.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
No they don’t if they lose to Seattle and we lose to buffalo we would still be in first then it’s going to come down strength of victory
Division...conference, head to head...eagles have two games against the Giants left and Arizona, win out, Eagles win the Division...

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s sort of like a half game in baseball standings.

One team has an opportunity to succeed in a spot where the other already blew it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas really needs Philthy to lose in Seattle to keep the tiebreaker at common opponents if they end up with the same record. Of course, Dallas probably has to win out too.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If philly loses another division game dallas would win the tiebreaker as long as they beat Washington.

Mannix

Reaction score
If philly loses another division game dallas would win the tiebreaker as long as they beat Washington.
THANK YOU....that is exactly what I heard earlier this week. I had forgotten.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The 2nd tie breaker should be Point Differential....not just saying that because Philly's is that of a 5-7 team....I've always thought this was the fairest indicator.
Would you feel that way if the shoe was on the other foot?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Losing to the cards, :facepalm:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mannix good question if we both win out Eagles get first tiebreaker but if we lose first and then win out we have more NFC wins i think plus head to head we outscord them?....not sure though