Tiebreaker question

Flamma

Reaction score
If Philly and Dallas lose this weekend but both then win out….

Division is tied
Common opponents is tied
Conference record is tied

It then comes down to strength of victory. Basically how do the teams you’ve beaten finish the season? At the moment it’s close, but Philly has an edge due to Carolina having such an awful record. However, that can change in a single weekend
I don't think it's that close. Last I checked the Eagles had a 16 game lead. Of course Dallas can pick up a lot of games by beating Miami and Detroit. But I think Dallas needs more help. Detroit beating the Vikings twice would help Dallas. But every time KC, Buffalo, and Miami wins, that helps the Eagles.

Mitch

Reaction score
Underrated aspect: we have to root for the Giants to beat the Saints today. Then they are very much in the playoff hunt and will throw everything they have against the Eagles next week.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can do the same thing and make it that Dallas gets the 2 seed. It all depends on who you award wins to. We really can't predict strength of victory unless we know what teams are going to win around the league.
thanks for the update....so if this is the case then there is a chance we have same record and we do get #2 seed??...if things dont change i would rather

play the 4th seed even if it is away....i think Green Bay right now is 7th seed which would be who we play if we are #2 seed....but i could be wrong?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think it's that close. Last I checked the Eagles had a 16 game lead. Of course Dallas can pick up a lot of games by beating Miami and Detroit. But I think Dallas needs more help. Detroit beating the Vikings twice would help Dallas. But every time KC, Buffalo, and Miami wins, that helps the Eagles.
Flamma---i really think this could be our year...seeing how people will have to get paid during off season....and i know the Cap is more flexible than most think

but i dont want to lose any of our core players

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Underrated aspect: we have to root for the Giants to beat the Saints today. Then they are very much in the playoff hunt and will throw everything they have against the Eagles next week.
good to meet you Mitch...this is butler of course

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ooops that is my other username in other chat rooms...this is GORICO...orginally was for Go-Rico Gathers the 6 foot 8 center for Baylor in 2017 we were trying

to make into a TE....he had the best hands and could box out anyone...but he did not work hard enough to learn a TE's craft...seeing how he never played

footablall since like Pop Warner or jr high.....but now i am Go-Rico Dowdle...ha ha ha

Flamma

Reaction score
Flamma---i really think this could be our year...seeing how people will have to get paid during off season....and i know the Cap is more flexible than most think

but i dont want to lose any of our core players
The bad part about the 5th seed is we have to get past the 2 other giants in the NFC, and do it away both games.

The 2nd seed isn't so bad as long as Detroit beats the 6th seed. Because then we'd get Detroit, and the 49ers, if they are 1st seed, they'd get the Eagles.

But if 6th seed beats Detroit, we get the Eagles. The 49ers would get the 6th seed. So if we do manage to get 2nd seed, we have to root for the Lions.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Mannix good question if we both win out Eagles get first tiebreaker but if we lose first and then win out we have more NFC wins i think plus head to head we outscord them?....not sure though
The would have 3 NfC games left, we have 2. So they would catch up.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let me get this straight....if we both lose this weekend, do we hold the tiebreaker Let me get this straight....if we both lose this weekend, do we hold the tiebreaker for the rest of the season provided we don't lose to an NFC team the rest of the way out???
No, common game tie-breaker wouldn't change as the Eagles already beat the Bills.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If we end up tied, but beat Bills/Dolphins and lose to the Lions, we would win the common game tie-breaker if the Eagles would lose to either the Seahawks or Cardinals.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Head-to-head tiebreaker is over, no longer relevant. Next up is the division tiebreaker, assume they end up tied there too. Next tiebreaker is common opponents. This is where a Philly loss in Seattle is huge. It would give Dallas the division if they both end up at 13-4 and Dallas can only lose to Detroit(won’t happen).

If Dallas wins out, they only need Philly to lose one more game, doesn’t matter to who. The Cowboys next two games are common opponents(Buff and Miami) and Philly beat them both. So, if Dallas beats them both and Seattle beats Philly, Dallas holds that tiebreaker.
!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The bad part about the 5th seed is we have to get past the 2 other giants in the NFC, and do it away both games.

The 2nd seed isn't so bad as long as Detroit beats the 6th seed. Because then we'd get Detroit, and the 49ers, if they are 1st seed, they'd get the Eagles.

But if 6th seed beats Detroit, we get the Eagles. The 49ers would get the 6th seed. So if we do manage to get 2nd seed, we have to root for the Lions.
we got 5th seed....we just got to prepare...Boyzmancita put up post that half the team was sick with diarrea and then you got the refs and super motivated Bills team....too much to overcome?

Mannix

Reaction score
When I am wrong, I'll be the first to admit it....I was wrong for ever bothering to start this thread. Please take it down and bleach it.