Tiebreaker question

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas really needs Philthy to lose in Seattle to keep the tiebreaker at common opponents if they end up with the same record. Of course, Dallas probably has to win out too.
tabasco my understanding if we and Sheagles both win out they win tie breaker...but just hoping they lose to Seattle...but other thing is....i dont want us so exhausted just finishing regular season we are a shell of ourselves come playoffs....but i dont think we will be....we just gotta beat Bills tomorrow

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mannix good question if we both win out Eagles get first tiebreaker but if we lose first and then win out we have more NFC wins i think plus head to head we outscord them?....not sure though
Head-to-head tiebreaker is over, no longer relevant. Next up is the division tiebreaker, assume they end up tied there too. Next tiebreaker is common opponents. This is where a Philly loss in Seattle is huge. It would give Dallas the division if they both end up at 13-4 and Dallas can only lose to Detroit(won’t happen).

If Dallas wins out, they only need Philly to lose one more game, doesn’t matter to who. The Cowboys next two games are common opponents(Buff and Miami) and Philly beat them both. So, if Dallas beats them both and Seattle beats Philly, Dallas holds that tiebreaker.

The bottom line is that Dallas needs the tiebreaker to stop at common opponents. Philly has the edge after that…..for now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We need the eagles to lose one of their giants games, to get a tiebreaker.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is what I heard all week too.
Mannix----i put it through tie breaker machine if we both lose tomorrow and then both win out Sheagles # 2 seed....they must have more losses than us for us

to get #2 seed....
Dallas really needs Philthy to lose in Seattle to keep the tiebreaker at common opponents if they end up with the same record. Of course, Dallas probably has to win out too.
sheagles have to have more losses than us for us to get #2 seed....i put it through tie-breaker machine

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Head-to-head tiebreaker is over, no longer relevant. Next up is the division tiebreaker, assume they end up tied there too. Next tiebreaker is common opponents. This is where a Philly loss in Seattle is huge. It would give Dallas the division if they both end up at 13-4 and Dallas can only lose to Detroit(won’t happen).

If Dallas wins out, they only need Philly to lose one more game, doesn’t matter to who. The Cowboys next two games are common opponents(Buff and Miami) and Philly beat them both. So, if Dallas beats them both and Seattle beats Philly, Dallas holds that tiebreaker.

The bottom line is that Dallas needs the tiebreaker to stop at common opponents. Philly has the edge after that…..for now.
Go-Cowboys

Kevinicus

Reaction score
i went through your test machine and if we both cowboys Sheagles lose tomorrow but then win out Sheagles get #2 seed and we 5th seed....only way is Sheagles have to have more losses than us for us to get # 2 seed
There are a ton of scenarios involving other games besides the Cowboys or Eagles that would play a roll in strength of victory. It'd take a good while to put them all in the machine.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mannix----i put it through tie breaker machine if we both lose tomorrow and then both win out Sheagles # 2 seed....they must have more losses than us for us

to get #2 seed....

sheagles have to have more losses than us for us to get #2 seed....i put it through tie-breaker machine
They don’t have to have more losses though. I explained how Dallas wins the division if they are tied….see above. It is a longshot but possible.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

i say let us douse Bills with heavy duty Tobasco sauce

Mannix

Reaction score
------If philly loses another division game dallas would win the tiebreaker as long as they beat Washington.

This is partially of what I heard on The Fan 105.3 mid-week...but the way I heard it was, if we BOTH lose this weekend, we are in if we beat Washington. Basically, its better off for both of us to lose one than it is for both of us to win out....provided we lose to either Buffalo or Miami....AND we beat Washington.

TWOK11

Reaction score
If both teams win out, Philly wins the division

If both teams lose one more game, Philly wins the division UNLESS their loss is to the Giants and our loss isn’t to Washington

The most likely path to winning the division is we win out and Philly loses this weekend. While Dallas winning out will be extremely difficult (we would have beaten four straight SB contenders at that point) it’s still more likely than Philly losing to the Giants.

Mannix

Reaction score
BTW....if it comes down to COMMON OPPONENTS, I still find it unfair that we got both Miami and Buffalo on the road, and last years Super Bowl participant got them at home....I still maintain that while the "teams" you play may indeed be set in stone years in advance, there seams to be NO RULES as to WHERE you play these teams....home or away. A very large reason that we have the home winning streak that we do, is due largely to the ding dong teams being scheduled at our place, and the tougher games being scheduled on the road....I have noticed this for MANY YEARS now.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
------If philly loses another division game dallas would win the tiebreaker as long as they beat Washington.

This is partially of what I heard on The Fan 105.3 mid-week...but the way I heard it was, if we BOTH lose this weekend, we are in if we beat Washington. Basically, its better off for both of us to lose one than it is for both of us to win out....provided we lose to either Buffalo or Miami....AND we beat Washington.
Not true. If they both lose this week but each team wins out from there, Philly wins the division because they beat Buffalo and Dallas didn’t.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
Not true. If they both lose this week but each team wins out from there, Philly wins the division based on common opponents because they beat Buffalo and Dallas didn’t.
That Buffalo screw job @ Philly made me madder than ANY loss we've had this year....we were really never in that AZ game, but the SECOND Buffalo got screwed, I knew that it would haunt us!!! What you are stating directly above isn't what I've been hearing all week on the radio, but I'm not gonna say that you are wrong...I honestly dunno, because I'm not reading it anywhere from a reputable print media.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That Buffalo screw job @ Philly made me madder than ANY loss we've had this year....we were really never in that AZ game, but the SECOND Buffalo got screwed, I knew that it would haunt us!!! What you are stating directly above isn't what I've been hearing all week on the radio, but I'm not gonna say that you are wrong...I honestly dunno, because I'm not reading it anywhere from a reputable print media.
You can play with the playoff generator, most paths lead to Philly if they end up tied. We really need NY to pull one off. Seattle beating Philly looks good but Dallas has to run the table then. It will be a lot clearer in a couple of weeks.

Flamma

Reaction score
i went through your test machine and if we both cowboys Sheagles lose tomorrow but then win out Sheagles get #2 seed and we 5th seed....only way is Sheagles have to have more losses than us for us to get # 2 seed
I can do the same thing and make it that Dallas gets the 2 seed. It all depends on who you award wins to. We really can't predict strength of victory unless we know what teams are going to win around the league.