Tim Brown: "Dallas will be an average football team next year"

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
FSN NFL Preview had a "Best of the Cowboys" bit that ended with Jay Glazer saying we're losing all our coaches and are in turmoil.

Tim Brown says he lives in Dallas and Wade is in a tailspin with his staff leaving... And that we're going to be an average football team next year.

(At least Eddie George says our nucleus is back and we'll be fine.)

Funny... Losing Sprano, Todd Bowles, Paul P. and Kacy Rodgers means we're doomed.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Well, that sucks. See you guys in '09.

But seriously, I consider Houck an upgrade over Sparano (in terms of coaching the O-line). And Wade's the one that taught the others how to coach his defense. Can't see how that would be much of a loss as long as Wade is retained.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Tim Brown knows what a good football team is, seeing that he's never really been on one, so... ;)

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Were gonna win 8 games. Packers are gonna win 8 games. Saints, Eagles and Bears will all win 11 games. We hear the same **** year in and year out. Take it with a grain of salt.

The Bengals really made a run at a title this year huh?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Tim Brown? :lmao2: :lmao2:

Tim Brown? THE Tim Brown?

This is a guy who has absolutely no ties to the Cowboys organization, it's players or coaches. He doesn't have a flippin clue as to what is going on w/ the Dallas Cowboys.

Hey Tim Brown. Maybe talk about something you know about?

Like ohhhh I dunno......not winning? Just throwing that out there since you probably have an ungodly talent in NOT WINNING?

You know...just saying...

Reaction score
Philips didnt lose his coaches, theyre going to come in this year.

The coaches that left were the ones hear with Parcells. The way I see it is that Philips can bring in coaches that he feels can teach his defense and get the most out of the players, not the guys parcells had in place.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I agree. Houck is an upgrade to the O-Line position and I think Garrett will do just as good, if not better, in the Assistant Head Coach position than Sparano as well.

The team will be fine and I don't know how anyone, outside of a huge rash of injuries, believes Dallas is magically going to suck next year.

Zman5

Reaction score
Our rookie OC and DC will have had one full year of experience. If anything, I think our coaching will be better next year.

Reaction score
And if the Tim Brown Im thinking of is the WR from the Raiders then I dont understand why you all are laughing.

From 1993 - 2002 he started every game he played in those years he pulled in 80 + catches every year but one. Has 15,000 yards and 100 TD's. Is that the Tim Brown you are laughing at??

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
8-8 is about right for next year.;)

Lower you expectations guys and losing don't hurt as bad. :)

zack

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1927085 said:
FSN NFL Preview had a "Best of the Cowboys" bit that ended with Jay Glazer saying we're losing all our coaches and are in turmoil.

Tim Brown says he lives in Dallas and Wade is in a tailspin with his staff leaving... And that we're going to be an average football team next year.

Funny... Losing Sprano, Todd Bowles, Paul P. and Kacy Rodgers means we're doomed.

Who cares. Maybe he should talk about that stellar franchise, the Raiders..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
we are doomed.

I expect a ton of this kind of talk.

After that playoff game, not one of us should care what anyone says. Every single one of the jerks were right and our team blew it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score

the coaches who left wasn't "his" staff

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If you look at teams that come off of 13-3 or better seasons, the average win total the next year is 8.5 to 10.5 games. The teams on the lower end of wins the next season usually come from poor QB play (usually just having either a bad QB to begin with or a QB that gets hurt) and an old roster. Dallas doesn't have an old roster or a bad QB, provided Romo stays healthy. I'm thinking somewhere around 10-6, but I could see 8-8 and becoming average. The key is that Dallas needs to make improvements to the roster for 2008. If they can do that, even if they have a lesser record, they can go further into the postseason.

YAKUZA

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HurdIsNoTurd;1927114 said:
And if the Tim Brown Im thinking of is the WR from the Raiders then I dont understand why you all are laughing.

From 1993 - 2002 he started every game he played in those years he pulled in 80 + catches every year but one. Has 15,000 yards and 100 TD's. Is that the Tim Brown you are laughing at??

His stats have nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys. Everybody has an opinion, but his has no more weight than yours or mine because he probably knows less about the organization than we do. I don't care where he grew up. If he wants to talk about that joke of a team he played for, fine. But what makes him an expert on the Dallas Cowboys?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

Well that settles it. He lives in Dallas, therefore he is the expert on all things Cowboys.

Brown is bitter because he wanted to play here when his career was winding down and we had no use for a possession receiver who had lost what little speed he had.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Tim Brown is entitled to his opinion.

Personally, I don't see us winning 13 games next year. But I can see us possibly winning the division again and certainly making the playoffs.