Time for an OL shift

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Someone will pay him if Ereck Flowers makes 10m AAV Connor Williams will get at least that. The amount of money that he will see will have fans here scratching their heads. He will be gone in FA. quality line man are hard to find.
For the time being CW should remain on this team as depth. I think we would be burning a bridge by getting rid of him. In the offseason, we can consider cutting bait with him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t know how you make an argument for putting the best OL out there and it includes automatically reinserting Collins into the lineup. The short amount of time he played this season he got beat like a drum. He looked like he was moving in quicksand. Steele has been tremendous. If you make a move, it’s Collins to LG, but I don’t think they plan to do anything.
Oh, they plan on doing something but not that mess you are suggesting. :rolleyes:

jrumann59

Reaction score
For the time being CW should remain on this team as depth. I think we would be burning a bridge by getting rid of him. In the offseason, we can consider cutting bait with him.
In the off season there is no decision he is FA. Does Dallas pay 10+m for another OL?

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
First it was replace Biadasz now the target shifted to Williams

Both of them are weak in pass pro. Like he said, if Williams isn't getting pushed back into Dak's lap, he's looking around at the person that he's supposed to be blocking. We have issues on our OL that are in most people's blind spot I see. We're going to need to find Tyron's replacement soon. LG and C need to be addressed ASAP. I don't know about changing on our bye week or this year at all. We've skated by (fingers crossed) so far. I'm just hoping that they improve or our coaches somehow find a way to hide what they don't do well. Bless us.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
That's not acceptable. Williams at LG must go.

Nah. Barring injury he’ll finish the season as the starting LG. This offense is borderline unstoppable. They’re not making a change like that. If they do, however, it will definitely happen this week. I don’t see it happening though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's not acceptable. Williams at LG must go.
The Cowboys are #2 in rushing in the NFL. They are protecting Dak very well. I don't get it. He just needs to clean up the penalties. They can address it in the offseason if needed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys are #2 in rushing in the NFL. They are protecting Dak very well. I don't get it. He just needs to clean up the penalties. They can address it in the offseason if needed.
Those penalties are a problem that can't wait till the offseason to address.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Someone will pay him if Ereck Flowers makes 10m AAV Connor Williams will get at least that. The amount of money that he will see will have fans here scratching their heads. He will be gone in FA. quality line man are hard to find.

He's not a quality lineman.

I don't think it's fair to anyone to put Lyle Collins back in the lineup. And I don't care to correct his name. He let the whole team down. He can earn his spot back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The LG and C spots are the weak links. Don’t see how we keep Connor Williams going forward. Someone will pay him— but he is not a long term answer at LG for us.

So it makes sense to get our best 5 out there now and LG is the easier position to upgrade vs C. McG or Zack are upgrades— However, McGovern’s most natural position is RG. Zack may be able to transition to LG faster and expedite the process.

Smith
Zack
Biadasz
McGovern
Collins

We put some more beef next to Biadasz and hope Zack and McGovern can shore things up on the inside.

I realize swapping McG for Williams is more straight forward— but part of me just really wants to see Zack and Tyron cave defenses in on the left side lol
UMM NO nope stop kity..

you want change,

LC is back at RT and McGovern replaces Cwill, that it..

moving on wont happen stop trying to be a coach..

we are 5-1 and you trying to redo the entire line..NOPE a unit needs to be group and wholesale moves because you believe changes need to be ,made wont happen,.

book it

Scotman

Reaction score
Williams has struggled some. Still, there's no way in the world I move Martin unless I am WAY down on tackles. Martin can just stay his HOF self right there at RG. If you just want to do something with Williams, then McGovern would be the next man I'd slide there.

I honestly haven't seen enough from Collins to know what to do with him. Kudos to Steele for making it a tough decision. Collins, at his best, is better than Steele. But is Collins at his best? He has barely played since 2019.

If it's me, I'm just going to defer to the coaches on this one. I don't know enough about individual line play to make an accurate assessment. The only thing that would upset me as a fan is trading away our depth at this time of the year. Unless they got a king's ransom for someone, it's fool hardy to trade away today hoping you find a better day tomorrow.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up so easily on Williams. Just because he had a horrible game on Sunday doesn't mean he sucks. The OL has been playing well all year in fact are #2 in the league in rushing.
hes had 3 games with 2-3 huge penalties each and some poor blocking

ill trust the coaches to make the needed changes if not IDC , we arent coaches and need to stop advising our team who btw is 5-1 who to play and who to cut or bench,,

jrumann59

Reaction score
He's not a quality lineman.

I don't think it's fair to anyone to put Lyle Collins back in the lineup. And I don't care to correct his name. He let the whole team down. He can earn his spot back.
So says you. I am willing to bet CWill be making closer to Zach money than Ereck Flowers money next year.