Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Your memory fails you sir.. Zeke was fairly bottled up till late in Half, Zeke had a huge run down right sideline for 44 yards. Zeke had a couple more 3 and 1 conversions but Dak had the biggest run (somersaulting finish at 1yard line), Amari came on 2nd half after Gallup hauled in a "stovepipe" pass from Dak late in the 1st Half and dominant early on Lions 2nd DB

I remember our 2 playoff victories in last 25 years pretty clearly lol we are cursed bro:lmao2:

Dak didn't carry us in that game. Dak really wasn't anything special in that game. He was 22/33 for 226 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak didn't carry us in that game. Dak really wasn't anything special in that game. He was 22/33 for 226 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT.
Most of us run on emotions and that’s what they remember. They remember that nice run to get the first down so that colors their perception of that game. They think he played awesome all game because of an awesome play.

Qcard

Reaction score
@ABQCOWBOY Oh so stats tell the whole story now!!
:thumbup: Watch the game below.. we all have time :flagwave:
Most of us run on emotions and that’s what they remember. They remember that nice run to get the first down so that colors their perception of that game. They think he played awesome all game because of an awesome play.
@Philmonroe :angry:blah blah blah :lmao2:

Watch the game and tell me about emotions again...

jnday

Reaction score
You don't seem to be grasping my point.

What Garrett was bad at, had nothing to do with Jerry. Garrett was just bad period. He will be bad anywhere he goes.

Any coach, however, would be better without Jerry meddling.
You are not grasping my point. Jerry has his hands on everything including game day. I have read more than one statement where Jerry mentions the changes that will take place with the team during the next game. If the GM ordered a Garrett to play a certain player or run the ball more, that is about as hindering as can be for a coach.

jnday

Reaction score
Ask the super pro Dak fans what game can they think of top of their head that Dak was the main reason the team won where he “carried” them for a whole game? If they don’t want to do that how many games can both the pro and “anti” Dak fans agree upon that Dak “carried” the team. I bet we’d be hard pressed to find that game. I can’t even think of one but maybe from the rookie season because it was so long ago I’ve forgot the actual game by game happenings.
It is odd because I can think of several games that Romo, Aikman, White and a Staubach put the games in their shoulders and went on to Will the team to victory.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
@ABQCOWBOY Oh so stats tell the whole story now!!
:thumbup: Watch the game below.. we all have time :flagwave:

@Philmonroe :angry:blah blah blah :lmao2:

Watch the game and tell me about emotions again...

Using smiles as a grown man? Check. Hyping up Andy Dalton of the Star? Check. Verdict is what I said stands you and most are running on pure emotions. Dak is average as expletive period. Nothing you can say to change my mind either so spare me your emotional ranting and smilie posting.

jnday

Reaction score
Actually, its the exact opposite. The Games they leaned on Dak and opened up the passing game were the games they won. When they tried to get back to conservative play calling and pounding Zeke, are the games we lost.

Dak doesn't want 40 million. that's just another lie you Dak trolls keep making up.

if Dak was allowed to be a FA teams would be storming the phone lines to get him signed.
A whole lot of the big passing games stat-wise that Dak had was passing stats that were picked up during garbage time. Those stats are not only misleading, but they are also useless stats in determining the game. Yes, it was leaked months ago that he wanted 40 million and they quickly came back and denied it until they saw that 40 million didn’t upset the Jones family. 40 million was again brought up as the number that Dak wanted to start negotiations with. He has entirely too high of a opinion of himself. It was reported in this board ,along with many other sources , that the Jones family thought much more of Dak than the other front offices around the league. Many front office sources were quoted as saying that they was not sold on Dak and they listed the very reasons that all of us Dak-haters list.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It is odd because I can think of several games that Romo, Aikman, White and a Staubach put the games in their shoulders and went on to Will the team to victory.
Exactly but the pro Dak can’t think of those games. ABQ did at least give me the Giants game. It was meaningless but I’ll say that was a game Dak put the team on his back and if he played that way esp in meaningful games more often it wouldn’t be as much polarized post on him.

jnday

Reaction score
Making one memorable play is a far cry from taking the load on your shoulders and willing the team to victory. Some of these kids have not watched Staubach at all. It is easy to see why Dak impresses them so much. They don’t know any better. They have not took the time out to watch the greatness of past Cowboy QBs.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Making one memorable play is a far cry from taking the load on your shoulders and willing the team to victory. Some of these kids have not watched Staubach at all. It is easy to see why Dak impresses them so much. They don’t know any better. They have not took the time out to watch the greatness of past Cowboy QBs.
I’m one of those kids too lol. I’ve watched old games but wasn’t born when he was actually playing. What I said still stands they see Dak make a play or two and it colors their perception of the whole game. If Dak player just like he did now and he played for any other team in this division people would more than likely agree with us. He plays here and folks want to say he’s the next great thing when nothing has said that from his actual skill set. That’s why people mainly hype up his record or what he does off the field but not his actual skill set. He’s just average and being average at the top level isn’t the worse thing ever but it sure isn’t the best.

jnday

Reaction score
I’m one of those kids too lol. I’ve watched old games but wasn’t born when he was actually playing. What I said still stands they see Dak make a play or two and it colors their perception of the whole game. If Dak player just like he did now and he played for any other team in this division people would more than likely agree with us. He plays here and folks want to say he’s the next great thing when nothing has said that from his actual skill set. That’s why people mainly hype up his record or what he does off the field but not his actual skill set. He’s just average and being average at the top level isn’t the worse thing ever but it sure isn’t the best.
Yeah, but you post with the maturity that is far beyond your years. You make some good points about average Dak. The most sickening point you missed. That is the Dakettes desire to see Dallas massively overpay Dak which will kill the team’s ability to put talent on the field. They will cheer a $40 million deal just because they think it will validate Dak as being a franchise QB. They could pay him $50 million a year and he will still be average Dak with accuracy problems with a bad habit of fumbling.

Swagger

Reaction score
We write posts with reasoned justification yet will be labelled as Dak haters.

Yet I would happily draft a Dak Prescott in this years draft in second round - a solid and durable QB on a rookie contract.

I just fail to see why so many people are keen to pay him another $35 million on top of what he got paid last season. He didn't effectively do anything that any other starting QB in the league couldn't have done. Let another team over pay for him.

Qcard

Reaction score
No, but they do support what I remember. I'm sorry you don't like what I've posted but Dak did not carry this team in that game IMO.
So subconscious...what makes you think I don't like what you posted?
I just disagree with it...degree of difference!

Qcard

Reaction score
Using smiles as a grown man? Check. Hyping up Andy Dalton of the Star? Check. Verdict is what I said stands you and most are running on pure emotions. Dak is average as expletive period. Nothing you can say to change my mind either so spare me your emotional ranting and smilie posting.
I could give hoot about your opinion or your interpretation of my smiles...
You just have an opinion that goes against any QB metrics other than your subjective fan viewing experience in reference to Dak...we probably agree on many other things..
Bye Felicia... interpret that..

black label

Reaction score
:hammer:

kskboys

Reaction score
:huh: Man are you serious? Whether you like DAK or not this is a business. Your agent is there to get you the most money possible. Dak wanted the tag because he knows there are 2 other QBs next year that are going to get paid north of 38-40 million a year. I don't understand how anyone can blame Dak when Cowboys management sat on their thumbs while Goff and Wentz deals set the market. For 4 years they paid this guy PEANUTS. Wentz and Goff have been paid nearly 25M more in these 4 years. GET YOUR MONEY DAK!!!!
They didn't. They offered 33 mil/season before the 19 season.

You sound really silly spewing untrue stuff, you know.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.

I think time for Prescott was up after year 3.
He gambled in his 4th and to me he lost.

He for sure had great stats, but when you look deeper and watch his games he struggled in exact those areas where he already was critized for since his college career.

I dont see Prescott as our future QB. This franchise will be smart if they FT him maybe again in 2021 and draft a QB then.

Last edited: