Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

Swagger

Reaction score
Plenty of fat coaches. And I was concerned that possibly he grew stale. But after reading how much studying and research he did in his year off from coaching, I was
Plenty of fat coaches. And I was concerned that possibly he grew stale. But after reading how much studying and research he did in his year off from coaching, I was impressed. And I did like the fact that he retained Moore. Which should be plenty enough to make sure the offense stays modern and creative.

For me I just can't getaway from how horrific he was at the Packers with Rodgers carrying him. That's when you see how good a coach is and he failed miserably.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For me I just can't getaway from how horrific he was at the Packers with Rodgers carrying him. That's when you see how good a coach is and he failed miserably.

Made the playoffs 10 out of 13 years he was there and won a SB. Not sure what you are talking about.

McCarthy beat the Cowboys both times in the playoffs and we had the better team. One of those years, if you recall, Rogers was limping around on one leg.

Did Rogers win the SB this year? Take more than a great QB to win the SB. Unfortunately for MM, he didn't have control over the personnel in GB.

jnday

Reaction score
McCarthy has a great history. Every coach gets fired and things get stale. Doesn't mean they cant coach. Doesn't even mean it was McCarthy's fault the team faltered. He was just the guy that got blamed. If you know the history of GB then you know that the GM and his failure to address the Oline, run game, and defense were the big issues in GB.

Garrett is a bad coach period. That isn't going to change going forward. We can see quite plainly that no one wanted him as a HC. In fact, it seems the ONLY team even remotely interested in Garrett was the Giants as OC.
We will see. Don’t be surprised when Garrett’s offenses have a lot of success against Dallas.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We will see. Don’t be surprised when Garrett’s offenses have a lot of success against Dallas.

I wont be surprised with anything until we actually get a defense. But being scared of Garrett is something I will never be. What a bonus with Garrett going to the Giants. It guarantees he will be screwing up the offense there for years to come. And he will probably start undermining the coach there just like he did with Wade. If things go as he plans them, he might slide into the HC spot after he gets the current HC fired. That would be amazing.

jnday

Reaction score
When he starts getting personal massages and skips team practices like he did in GB, we will see how much the Dallas fans like him. I have only identified MM teams by the play of Rodgers. Rodgers is the one that overcame lackluster talent and kept GB competitive, not MM. it always seemed like MM was just along for the ride. MM is no Bill Parcells, that’s for sure.

jnday

Reaction score
I wont be surprised with anything until we actually get a defense. But being scared of Garrett is something I will never be. What a bonus with Garrett going to the Giants. It guarantees he will be screwing up the offense there for years to come. And he will probably start undermining the coach there just like he did with Wade. If things go as he plans them, he might slide into the HC spot after he gets the current HC fired. That would be amazing.
I am not scared of Garrett. I have seen how Jerry’s constant interference that neutered good HCs in Dallas. Take Jerry away and they can finally coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not scared of Garrett. I have seen how Jerry’s constant interference that neutered good HCs in Dallas. Take Jerry away and they can finally coach.

Jerry had nothing to do with Garrett running the offense or game plans or in game management. That was all garrett screwing it up by himself.

If anything, Jones gave Garrett 14 years that no one else would have. Garrett should be thanking Jones.

jnday

Reaction score
Jerry had nothing to do with Garrett running the offense or game plans or in game management. That was all garrett screwing it up by himself.

If anything, Jones gave Garrett 14 years that no one else would have. Garrett should be thanking Jones.
Jerry did undermine Garrett time after time. If the players didn’t like Garrett’s discipline, they run to Jerry. If Garrett hurt their feelings, they run to Jerry. Jerry was the reason why players could ignore their coach in and off the field. No coach can be successful under those conditions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry did undermine Garrett time after time. If the players didn’t like Garrett’s discipline, they run to Jerry. If Garrett hurt their feelings, they run to Jerry. Jerry was the reason why players could ignore their coach in and off the field. No coach can be successful under those conditions.

True, but Jerry didn't affect Garretts game management or game planning. Jerry didn't make Garrett's offense predictable. Garrett could have also quit a while ago if he didn't like it. If he had any respect for himself or had any real confidence in himself.

jnday

Reaction score
True, but Jerry didn't affect Garretts game management or game planning. Jerry didn't make Garrett's offense predictable. Garrett could have also quit a while ago if he didn't like it. If he had any respect for himself or had any real confidence in himself.
I guess it is everybody’s fault but Jerry’s that the team hasn’t won a Super Bowl under any coach in 25 years. There is a trend there if you look for it. Well, it is so obvious that you really don’t have to look for it. Jimmy even left for the same reason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess it is everybody’s fault but Jerry’s that the team hasn’t won a Super Bowl under any coach in 25 years. There is a trend there if you look for it. Well, it is so obvious that you really don’t have to look for it. Jimmy even left for the same reason.

You don't seem to be grasping my point.

What Garrett was bad at, had nothing to do with Jerry. Garrett was just bad period. He will be bad anywhere he goes.

Any coach, however, would be better without Jerry meddling.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I all honesty, Dak is not responsible for every loss, but if he is going to take total credit for the wins, he needs to take credit for the loses. Dak is not the type of QB that can take the team on his back and will them to victory. The biggest thing he can do for this team is not screw up.
Ask the super pro Dak fans what game can they think of top of their head that Dak was the main reason the team won where he “carried” them for a whole game? If they don’t want to do that how many games can both the pro and “anti” Dak fans agree upon that Dak “carried” the team. I bet we’d be hard pressed to find that game. I can’t even think of one but maybe from the rookie season because it was so long ago I’ve forgot the actual game by game happenings.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.

Proving himself? He was a fourth round draft pick that was projected to be a back up quarterback at best. Two pro bowl’s, not a single losing season and two playoff wins.

So I ask you, has he really not proven himself? He Was projected to be the number one and most sought after free agent if he hit the market this off-season which just so happens to include Tom Brady.

Proving himself? How have the first two picks of the draft proven themselves? By the way, they both have signed pretty lucrative contracts and Dak Prescott has just simply been and played better than both of them. So yeah, if I was Dak, I would most certainly want what I’m truly worth and I would most certainly want to set myself up for another massive contract. If anyone of us were in his shoes, we would be doing the same exact thing. He’s actually been smarter than the Cowboys with this whole thing. Players are obligated to hold their end of the contract, not NFL Owners... i’m sure Todd Gurley could give you a better explanation of that...

Proving himself LOL SMH

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Clowney was right there with Dak, according to prognosticators as one of the most sought after FAs in the FA Market this year and yet he is still on the market. I don't know that we can put to much stock in those lists. JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ask the super pro Dak fans what game can they think of top of their head that Dak was the main reason the team won where he “carried” them for a whole game? If they don’t want to do that how many games can both the pro and “anti” Dak fans agree upon that Dak “carried” the team. I bet we’d be hard pressed to find that game. I can’t even think of one but maybe from the rookie season because it was so long ago I’ve forgot the actual game by game happenings.

Well, I'm gonna say the last game of the 2018 Season, Dak probably carried us in that game vs Giants.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys can easily use the stats from last year against Dak. The more the team leaned on Dak and his passing ability, the more games they lost. Several of those games , Dak and the offense didn’t start playing until the 3rd quarter. Dak got good stats from the .4th quarter of those games because it was garbage time with no hopes of Dallas winning. If Dak wants to be a Cowboy and sign a reasonable contract, he could certainly do it. Instead, Dak and his agent are wanting $40 million and to be paid like the top QB in the league. Jerry should let Dak’s agent explore a trade. If all of the articles are true, other NFL front offices are not sold on Dak to the extent that Dallas is. Dak may wake up when he sees that he is not wanted around the league with the contract he is wanting.

Actually, its the exact opposite. The Games they leaned on Dak and opened up the passing game were the games they won. When they tried to get back to conservative play calling and pounding Zeke, are the games we lost.

Dak doesn't want 40 million. that's just another lie you Dak trolls keep making up.

if Dak was allowed to be a FA teams would be storming the phone lines to get him signed.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna say the last game of the 2018 Season, Dak probably carried us in that game vs Giants.
Ok we’ve got one that I agree with even if it was meaningless but that probably was his best game as far as “carrying”. I will definitely consider that one one of those type games. Thank you for the reminder.

Qcard

Reaction score
I don't recall Dak carrying us in a playoff game. I recall Zeke having a big day against Seattle and Dak being pretty average.
Your memory fails you sir.. Zeke was fairly bottled up till late in Half, Zeke had a huge run down right sideline for 44 yards. Zeke had a couple more 3 and 1 conversions but Dak had the biggest run (somersaulting finish at 1yard line), Amari came on 2nd half after Gallup hauled in a "stovepipe" pass from Dak late in the 1st Half and dominant early on Lions 2nd DB

I remember our 2 playoff victories in last 25 years pretty clearly lol we are cursed bro:lmao2: