Time to Bench Dak

erod

Reaction score
I know it won't happen, but its time to sit Dak. He is not playing well and quickly aging. His processing should be getting better, but he is regressing. He can't run and has no zip on his throws. He and his agent again took advantage on the idiot owner.

Cooper Rush actually gives this team a better chance of winning. Or just play Lance and tank for high draft pick. Find a way to get out of Dak with least damage as possible. See if Dak is willing to be traded and send our #1 pick to get the salary off the books. Fat Mike will be gone after the year so just start over.
Jerry would never allow $60 million to sit the bench.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because we have Dak at least until 2026 (if we 1 June him in 2027) and we need to either see if we can increase Lance's trade value or, since I think he's a FA after this year, see if we can increase his value for a high comp pick. Maybe we can turn him into a 3rd round comp pick.
Just suck bad enough and draft someone. We can’t keep putting a band aid on a gun shot wound.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would like to see Lance. If he actually played well and Dak sat, he'd probably be happy to waive that ntc. Although I don't know you can get out from under those numbers at all.

Well, and why not see what we have there. The season is just about dead anyway. If Lance is a keeper, maybe we can get a deal done with him. If we can't afford him, then we probably get a 3rd for him as he's a FA. If he's not good, then oh well, we tried and probably get a pick anyway if someone signs him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just suck bad enough and draft someone. We can’t keep putting a band aid on a gun shot wound.

Riiiight, which is why I'm saying to see if we can increase Lance's comp picks value. Doesn't mean he has to win. Just means he has to show some potential to see if we can get a decent comp pick that can be used for a possible trade to get Manning.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak has had weapons around him and prime Zeke. He wanted the big bucks and is being asked to do more with less this time around, which he can’t because he literally sucks.
Bro we haven't been able to stop the run since the Rams blugeoned us in 2018. Nor have we been able to run in several years. Dak has had some nice opportunities but we didn't build from there. Don't give me the cap nonsense, it's been debunked several times over. We have a cheap GM. Dak doesn't suck, he's just not good enough to overcome the dumpster fire.

To be clear I wasn't big on extending him, but at the same time had zero faith we'd use the cap savings in free agency. We have a dunce running the team.

StarLord

Reaction score
We just signed him to the league's largest contract ever. We used one legged Zeke over prime Pollard in the playoffs because of contract size. Only an act of God is benching Dak.

CWR

Reaction score
Yep. Gotta get Dak to waive no trade clause and add draft picks to get someone to take on his salary, like Rams did with Goff. Gotta start the rebuild asap.
I'm telling you it's not in Jerry's vocabulary. He will hold any ounce of hopium and sale like crazy.

I'm convinced our best chance at righting this ship is bringing in Belichek and letting him sort it out. I dont want him near the draft, but pro personnel is all his if it's up to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Riiiight, which is why I'm saying to see if we can increase Lance's comp picks value. Doesn't mean he has to win. Just means he has to show some potential to see if we can get a decent comp pick that can be used for a possible trade to get Manning.
I feel if you sat him it would increase his value lol. I'm scared if you play him people will be reminded how bad he is lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That might have worked if Danny Boy was still the owner of the Commandos. There are no owners/GMs left that are dumber than Jerry in the NFL.

Well, and I realised his contract is up at the end of the season, but that's good. Because we can also try to increase his FA value so that we can get a higher comp pick for him.

CWR

Reaction score
He's had that. Plus a top defense.
No he actually hasn't. Again, we haven't been able to stop the run since the Rams in 2018. This problem has been ongoing.

The run game has been crap for awhile now too. Both those have to be fixed. That is literally our only shot.