Time to bring back Vinny and cut Romo!

cowboys101

Reaction score
Maybe Im crazy but I really believe this team has a chance to do something and I would hate the fact that if Bledsoe misses 2 or 3 games or even more that are season goes down the drain.

We need a real #2 QB and Vinny would be the best choice. He knows the offense and players and still has a good arm. He could get us through some games if needed.

The reason I say keep Henson instead of Romo even though Romo is playing better now; simple.

Romo is what he is and thats a 3rd string QB and maybe a # 2 QB someday. There isnt much upside.

Even With Henson struggling he has all the tools and potential to someday become a starting QB. Maybe not this year or next but in time he has a chance.

So as a guy who wont see the field anyways you have to keep the guy with the best potential.

Again I believe we need to bring Vinny here just incase. The same reason he was brought here last year to be a back up QB.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
lets not get carried away here. Vinny will be what, 50 next year?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Cut Romo? He is our 2nd string QB. If we bring Vinny back Romo would go to 3rd string. Henson is the one that needs to be cut traded, sent packing.

Henson has not shown anyone that he can beat Romo out, why should Romo be cut, he is holding up his end, he is earning his roster spot and money.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
cowboys101 said:
Maybe Im crazy but I really believe this team has a chance to do something and I would hate the fact that if Bledsoe misses 2 or 3 games or even more that are season goes down the drain.

We need a real #2 QB and Vinny would be the best choice. He knows the offense and players and still has a good arm. He could get us through some games if needed.

The reason I say keep Henson instead of Romo even though Romo is playing better now; simple.

Romo is what he is and thats a 3rd string QB and maybe a # 2 QB someday. There isnt much upside.

Even With Henson struggling he has all the tools and potential to someday become a starting QB. Maybe not this year or next but in time he has a chance.

So as a guy who wont see the field anyways you have to keep the guy with the best potential.

Again I believe we need to bring Vinny here just incase. The same reason he was brought here last year to be a back up QB.
I"m 100% in favor of this move...this is not a developmental year. While I don't expect us to finish in the playoffs, it is possible, so I think Vinnie will be brought in as Bledsoe's backup...he'd be the best possible backup for us due to the young guys' inexperience and struggles and his total familiarity with the players and system.

I'm thinking Henson has them just a tiny bit worried and they are waiting for him to flash some ability in a preseason game before cutting Romo and annointing Henson the developmental player.

Actually, I would not be at all surprised to see Romo pass waivers and resign on the practice squad...I don't believe any other team will be interested in him at this point unless someone is injured.

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
cowboys101 said:
Maybe Im crazy

Hmmm. Maybe. Please take a deep, cleansing breath and step away from the computer.

Enjoy the rare refreshment for a Cowboys fan that is—for once—having a clear choice for starting QB. I believe the rest will sort itself out.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
We have been down that road. Lets at least see Henson or Romo play a freakin game.

cowboys101

Reaction score
**We have been down that road. Lets at least see Henson or Romo play a freakin game.

the problem is they are not good enough to play a freaking game.

Games arent meant to see if they can play. Thats what camp and preseason is for. Games are played to win.

Shaun

Reaction score
cowboys101 said:
**We have been down that road. Lets at least see Henson or Romo play a freakin game.

the problem is they are not good enough to play a freaking game.

Games arent meant to see if they can play. Thats what camp and preseason is for. Games are played to win.

Preseason hasn't even happened yet. How have you made a determination that Henson has more upside, and that Romo could never be a starter in the league?

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Did i say put them out there opening day? No. Preseason is a good observation period, and they are GAMES. So dont get mad at me, I just want to see them in a game situation, and have a fair evaluation. Then say what you want.

Little Jr

Reaction score
cowboys101 said:

I would have no problem bringing in VInny but I wouldnt cut Romo.

What tools does Henson have? I agree Henson wont start this year or the nxt. So the earliest the would start would be 2007. He'll be 27 and thats if he starts then.

cowboys101

Reaction score
***Preseason hasn't even happened yet. How have you made a determination that Henson has more upside, and that Romo could never be a starter in the league?***

From everything I read.

Romo wasnt even drafted so I think that alone says alot. That makes 30+ teams think he never will be.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
If we put as much time, effort and creativity into our job positions as we do in our QB position.....we'd be CEO's by now. GEEZ!!!!

cowboys101

Reaction score
***Did i say put them out there opening day? No. Preseason is a good observation period, and they are GAMES. So dont get mad at me, I just want to see them in a game situation, and have a fair evaluation. Then say what you want.***

I guess what Im saying is that from reports since Rome came here its always been he is to small, doesnt have that strong of an arm. He is a project 3rd maybe 2nd string qb at best.

Henson on the other hand who isnt playing as good as Romo now has been talked about as have the chance to be a starting QB and would have been a first round pick if he stayed in football.

Thats why you keep Henson to stand on the sidelines and not Romo.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Whats with all of the bogus ideas starting to surface? Do these guys not have any sense? Are you KIDDING?????!!!!! No way in hades does Vinny deserve a chance to be our back-up. He has no business in the league anymore. He is too old, not accurate enough, and has no where close to the ideal velocity on his throws. Not to mention, when he runs, it looks like me walking fast. Romo is the #2 guy. Drew Henson should be put on the practice squad, and a veteran should be brought in. I didnt like Henson last year, I dont like him now, but if being on the PS would help him learn how to play football and shape him into what we want him to be, I say go for it. But there is no way that I want to see Henson on the field this year. Bledsoe, Romo, mystery man. That it is what the most logical solution would be.

BTW-I'm not Henson bashing, I just dont think he has what we need for him to be on the roster, I feel he is a waste of a roster spot.

sacase

Reaction score
So by your train of thinking we should have kept Ryan Leaf as our third string QB since he has "potential". Potential is worthless give me results.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
sacase said:
So by your train of thinking we should have kept Ryan Leaf as our third string QB since he has "potential". Potential is worthless give me results.

is that for me or the poster?

cowboys101

Reaction score
**Whats with all of the bogus ideas starting to surface? Do these guys not have any sense? Are you KIDDING?????!!!!! No way in hades does Vinny deserve a chance to be our back-up. He has no business in the league anymore. He is too old, not accurate enough, and has no where close to the ideal velocity on his throws. Not to mention, when he runs, it looks like me walking fast. Romo is the #2 guy***

Vinny looked good at the start of the season last year but because he is old he couldnt hold up over the whole season. Thats why he should be a back up and if someone needs to start a game or 2 then he is head and shoulders above Romo.

***So by your train of thinking we should have kept Ryan Leaf as our third string QB since he has "potential". Potential is worthless give me results.***

Ryan Leaf had his chance. He played and showed he couldnt play in the NFL. So the Potential didnt work out. What results has Romo showed? Name some starting QB's going into this season that were undrafted.