Time to get Turpin involved with the offense

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the Washington game on Thanksgiving, Turpin has only 5 targets with 2 receptions for 14 yards. That is 6 games worth of stats. Including just 1 reception in the last 4 games.

Given his game breaking speed and ability to gobble up yards in space, it's time to get him involved in the offense. He is a greatly underutilized weapon. If the Cowboys aren't going to use him now, then when? What are they saving him for? This is win or season over time. CeeDee will be facing tougher coverage and the opportunity for Turpin to produce will be there.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Since the Washington game on Thanksgiving, Turpin has only 5 targets with 2 receptions for 14 yards. That is 6 games worth of stats. Including just 1 reception in the last 4 games.

Given his game breaking speed and ability to gobble up yards in space, it's time to get him involved in the offense. He is a greatly underutilized weapon. If the Cowboys aren't going to use him now, then when? What are they saving him for? This is win or season over time. CeeDee will be facing tougher coverage and the opportunity for Turpin to produce will be there.
100% spot on, BDC! Totally agree.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The thing is Turpin, for all his speed and explosiveness, is still just 5'7, 155 pounds. You have to use him sparingly. He will never be more than a gadget player and the moment the other team sees him in the game they already know something is drawn up involving him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not expecting someone who has had little involvement to suddenly become a focal point in the playoffs, but I guess stranger things have happened.

JBS

Reaction score
“Given his breakaway speed and ability to gobble up yards”

Things that he’s never shown in his entire nfl career on offense - we just going to pretend like this guy is something he isn’t

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
LOL I've been calling for MM to use his speed on the offense every week in the game threads for months...

That and to get Rico more carries.

Two guys with speed that we hardly ever use.

Staubacher

Reaction score
“Given his breakaway speed and ability to gobble up yards”

Things that he’s never shown in his entire nfl career on offense - we just going to pretend like this guy is something he isn’t
Exactly!
Dude had a golden opportunity to make a "game changing" play in the playoffs last year and left the open field to run into the other teams punter and get tackled.

HanD

Reaction score
LOL I've been calling for MM to use his speed on the offense every week in the game threads for months...

That and to get Rico more carries.

Two guys with speed that we hardly ever use.
I don't think dowdle is that fast. He might have fresh legs and be a bit explosive.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The thing is Turpin, for all his speed and explosiveness, is still just 5'7, 155 pounds. You have to use him sparingly. He will never be more than a gadget player and the moment the other team sees him in the game they already know something is drawn up involving him.
He can stretch the field no matter his size.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm not expecting someone who has had little involvement to suddenly become a focal point in the playoffs, but I guess stranger things have happened.
Starters are just that...top players. Now game situations always change. 6 plays by a Turpin can be a game changer and scheme enhancer. Valuable come game times.

starfan1

Reaction score
As long as he isn’t jeopardizing CeeDees targets I’m ok with it. Now is CeeDee is tripled or something of that nature and that opens things up for Turpin then I’m all for it

This offense runs through CeeDee

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we haven’t seen it by now I don’t think we ever will. We know what works for this offense…..we know Lamb regardless of coverage seems to always be open. Cooks is the redzone threat. Ferg is the chain mover.

I liked they gave him a carry last game to have him doing something…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As long as he isn’t jeopardizing CeeDees targets I’m ok with it. Now is CeeDee is tripled or something of that nature and that opens things up for Turpin then I’m all for it

This offense runs through CeeDee
Yep. We are gonna live and die by it and if this team dies from it I’m ok. It’s too late to change things up now.