Time to get Turpin involved with the offense

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, there is more. Turpin hasn't scratched the surface on his capabilities thus far.
At 27 years old, I doubt there is much more to his game. It would be a bonus if he produced a little more, but a little is all to be expected at best.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
At 27 years old, I doubt there is much more to his game. It would be a bonus if he produced a little more, but a little is all to be expected at best.
I respectfully disagree with you my friend. I don't believe he has been used or even counted on for his offensive skills because we have so many other talented plays and one ball. But I look forward to seeing MM use him in the playoffs more in a deceptive role. His size is a major issue but he is still useful in spots. In space out on a wheel route or bubble screen or even a seam route he could shine.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Since the Washington game on Thanksgiving, Turpin has only 5 targets with 2 receptions for 14 yards. That is 6 games worth of stats. Including just 1 reception in the last 4 games.

Given his game breaking speed and ability to gobble up yards in space, it's time to get him involved in the offense. He is a greatly underutilized weapon. If the Cowboys aren't going to use him now, then when? What are they saving him for? This is win or season over time. CeeDee will be facing tougher coverage and the opportunity for Turpin to produce will be there.
I've been catching up on some of the Packers games from this year, and their Kicker seems to be kind of weak-legged. I've seen plenty of opportunities for kick returns and so hopefully we're prepared for that and Turpin can bust a big one!

chagus

Reaction score
I've been catching up on some of the Packers games from this year, and their Kicker seems to be kind of weak-legged. I've seen plenty of opportunities for kick returns and so hopefully we're prepared for that and Turpin can bust a big one!
Good observation. Thanks for the insight.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with you my friend. I don't believe he has been used or even counted on for his offensive skills because we have so many other talented plays and one ball. But I look forward to seeing MM use him in the playoffs more in a deceptive role. His size is a major issue but he is still useful in spots. In space out on a wheel route or bubble screen or even a seam route he could shine.
I hope your right. It would be nice if he shined bright in the playoffs. I just have my doubts and don't have expectations for it to happen. Plus I think the offense can still produce without him.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I hope your right. It would be nice if he shined bright in the playoffs. I just have my doubts and don't have expectations for it to happen. Plus I think the offense can still produce without him.
They have and still can thusly why I said one ball. I don't expect any player that isn't being utilized properly to do much. Including Turpin. But he could be secret sauce if used in the right spots in this play off tournament.